Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The maddest I've ever been after a win

Veteran

Angry The maddest I've ever been after a win

I can't believe we let the Dolphins...of all teams...come back against us and make this game so close. After their first TD...we had such conservative play calling...three straight runs for a three and out with too much time on the clock to give it up like that...makes me think of Schottenheimer as the second-coming of Paul Hackett. The difference between a good team and an average team is that a good team will show no mercy and not let the opposition come back. What a disgrace...I'm so mad the Dolphins got so close.

Hall Of Fame
    We won brother that's what counts. Now it's time for the Mets to win!

Glad we made it to .500 but really, did we have to have it this close. That horrible soft prevent defense made Harrington look like Bart Starr. He passed for over 200 yards in the QUARTER. When are we going to stop using that horrible horrible defense. Letting the Dolphins score 14 points in a quarter - what a joke.

All League
    boohoo cry me a river....we won

win...3-3...all that matters

We will lose future games playing defense like that in the fourth quarter.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm ecstatic that we're at 3-3 and beat our most hated rival. A win in the division is HUGE, especially since the Bills lost also.

Hall Of Fame

Only Jet Fans are Upset After Victories...

This is ridiculous. They are 3-3, which is waaaaaaayyyyy better than the 1-5 the Fins are. Plus, the Jets were 2 point favorites and, thus, covered the spread so everything is gravy. Case closed

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever

It's why we lost two games already this season...both the Pats and Indy...

It's terrible to know that although we suck talent-wise we are still a contender because of Mangini's game planning and using our few talents to the best of our abilities...and when we can't execute on the basics it is so maddening!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    This is ridiculous. They are 3-3, which is waaaaaaayyyyy better than the 1-5 the Fins are. Plus, the Jets were 2 point favorites and, thus, covered the spread so everything is gravy. Case closed

So I take it you're happy with the way we played in the 4th quarter? It's not acceptable if we want to contend.

Banned
    I'm also a little concerned over a defenses willingness to let teams come back on us... It's like every pass is a completion on 4th quarter drives vs us. Our pass rush is really

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    True, a win is a win.... but I was much more satisfied after the loss to the Colts than I am now....

Our D is pathetic..... for christ sake, Joey harrington just looked like the next coming of Peyton Manning.... and Ronnie Brown just looked like Willis McGahee.... we have some serious problems to fix ASAP on D, cause as I see it... ANY team in the league can and will march against us when the game is close.... and thats going to lead to alot of frustrating losses that should have been wins. Man that was upsetting.... I'm gonna go throw up now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    I'm also a little concerned over a defenses willingness to let teams come back on us... It's like every pass is a completion on 4th quarter drives vs us. Our pass rush is really

dude just wear boxers over your jeans and listen to your hip hop collection and it will all be a'ight

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    True a win is a win.... but I was much more satisfied after the loss to the Colts than I am now....
    The win against the Colts made me proud to be a Jets fan...the way we performed against Miami in the 4th makes me so mad...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever
    I absolutely HATE when someone makes the "if they play like that...." statement.

Nothing personal against you, Lageman, so don't get me wrong. I'm attacking the generic statement made by hundreds of people, fans, media etc.

How a team plays 1 week is ZERO indication how they will play the next week (except for the Raiders, who will suck every week). The Titans just beat the Redskins for crying out loud and they were dreadful for the season. The Jets lost 41-0 last week and scored 20 points this week, all on offense.

Yes, they have issues, but that does not mean they will play as they did today in the future. If so, a winless team will never win and a team without a loss will never lose.

All League
    We are all happy about the win but pleeze. You guys shoudln't be calling out the fans that are pissed because we almost blew it. You were just like us, sitting on the edge of the seats and ready to curse the team out.
    You got over it quickly but me ( a long time dolphfag hater ) wanted us to crush them when we had them down instead of playing wussie D and make a sh-tty Detroit reject look like Montana....

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I absolutely HATE when someone makes the "if they play like that...." statement.

Nothing personal against you, Lageman, so don't get me wrong. I'm attacking the generic statement made by hundreds of people, fans, media etc.

How a team plays 1 week is ZERO indication how they will play the next week (except for the Raiders, who will suck every week). The Titans just beat the Redskins for crying out loud and they were dreadful for the season. The Jets lost 41-0 last week and scored 20 points this week, all on offense.

Yes, they have issues, but that does not mean they will play as they did today in the future. If so, a winless team will never win and a team without a loss will never lose.
    The Jets have played like this in EVERY game accept the Buffalo game...... EVERY team has marched at will during the 4th quarter.... we will loose games that we should have won if we continue this garbage play late in the game.... thats a fact.

Be happy the Jets dont have the players face it we are missing a franchise RB, a defense that is clearly personnel wise is not equipped to run the 3-4. This is a evaluation rebuilding year the Jets are 3-3 the Dolphins were expected to run the table they are 1-5.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    We are all happy about the win but pleeze. You guys shoudln't be calling out the fans that are pissed because we almost blew it. You were just like us, sitting on the edge of the seats and ready to curse the team out.
    You got over it quickly but me ( a long time dolphfag hater ) wanted us to crush them when we had them down instead of playing wussie D and make a sh-tty Detroit reject look like Montana....

I'm sure the fact you're down in Florida means you'd even prefer to beat them more, but really we can't give away wins when we know we have a light schedule that can be competitive. If we had let them come back I would think we wouldn't have a shot to get to the playoffs. I am definitely glad that we sneaked through with a W, and I have faith we can make it competitive when it comes down to the line at the end of the season, but there's nothing to say we can't achieve greatness now with our schedule, so we can't blow a chance to achieve it.

All League
    The defense is the weak point of this team right now.

Ineptitude becomes the standard in the first and fourth quarters: players missing tackles formations that fail to align against the offensive formations, no pressure on the QB, etc.

While we did win this game and should be satisfied, I am not, today showed how symptomatically suspect the Jets defense is.

The recondite and inscrutable idyosyncratic tendencies of the defense to collapse at crucial points is very disappointing and maddening.

I hope the Defense, including the play callers and strategists are called to account this week and their noses rubbed like puppies in the incompetence they excreted today.