Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Trading Deadline - This Tuesday (Oct. 17th)

All League

Thumbs up NFL Trading Deadline - This Tuesday (Oct. 17th)

I hope McCareins is traded. Not because he isn't a talent but because he deserves a chance to be the WR he was in Tennessee and was briefly for the Jets.

I also think you will see a few of the talented back-ups moved to teams that need a starter. I'm thinking JMac for Michael Turner or Cedric Benson.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance99
    I hope McCareins is traded. Not because he isn't a talent but because he deserves a chance to be the WR he was in Tennessee and was briefly for the Jets.

I also think you will see a few of the talented back-ups moved to teams that need a starter. I'm thinking JMac for Michael Turner or Cedric Benson.

I don't mind keeping JMac, personally...

I hope Randy Moss gets traded, so he's a worthwhile member of my fantasy team.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    I don't mind keeping JMac, personally...

I hope Randy Moss gets traded, so he's a worthwhile member of my fantasy team.
    I don't mind keeping him either but some way, some how he has slipped to the 4th receiver on the depth chart behind Tim Dwight. It's a total waste to have a guy like this and never use him.

All Pro
    I would trade one of our 2nd for Burner Turner in a milisecond. I'd then trade McCareins for a 2nd day pick and bring back Wallace Wright or whoever for depth.
    Last edited by gangGREENinsider; 10-15-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    We don't need more RB's. Trade JMac for a bonafide NT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    I would trade one of our 2nd for Burner Turner in a milisecond. I'd then trade McCareins for a 2nd round pick and bring back Wallace Wright or whoever for depth.

Getting a 2nd for McCareins is a pipe dream...more like a 5th...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87

That's a step in the right direction.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BornAJet
    Getting a 2nd for McCareins is a pipe dream...more like a 5th...
    Yes, I meant 2nd day pick. 5th rounder may even push it...

Banned

Both of those back-ups are twice the player JMac is. If Tannenbaum called either team offering that deal 1 for 1, he would be the laughingstock of the league.

C'mon be a little bit more realistic.

If you want Turner, you'd have to offer JMac AND a 1st rounder, not to mention the Chargers wouldn't want JMac anyway, as he'd be their 4th string WR and Turner is extremely valuable to them as their change of pace back and starting kick returner.

If you want Benson, you'd have to offer the 1st and 2nd rounder, not to mention that Benson signed a high first round contract, which involves a ton of guaranteed money that would become a gigantic cap hit somewhere in the vicinity of $10-20 million.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider
    Yes, I meant 2nd day pick. 5th rounder may even push it...
    he hasn't slipped on the depth charts for no reason, he's just not that good. A 5th rounder would be a steal, just to get his salary off the books.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87
    Or just put JMac at NT so he can get destroyed week in and week out...freakin bum

Hall Of Fame
    Yes I'm sure we can get turner or benson for MCC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't mind keeping him either but some way, some how he has slipped to the 4th receiver on the depth chart behind Tim Dwight. It's a total waste to have a guy like this and never use him.
    You really have to get the definition of sackdance99 out of your sig. Because you are not making anyone believe ****.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Mac had a nice TD thanks to a blown covereage, but we got him to make plays in traffic. Hasn't happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if McCareins got traded one bit, cuz today he got A LOT of snaps vs. Miami and made nothing of them except dropping a big pass in the 1st... his involvement today reminded me of what Mangini did for Poteat in the last preseason game before getting rid of him - he gave JMac one last shot to prove it on this team, and it just doesn't seem to be a good fit (Dwight out-played him as the #3 all day today)

I think he's got real talent, but we don't utilize it at all, so maybe we can get some defensive depth or something for him....

Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but today seemed like they were putting him on display for potential buyers

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't know if San Diego wants to let Turner go this year. He's a big weapon in that offense to spell LT, and they use him and LT together on the field a ton in pro set formations, and he also allows them to line up LT a ton at reciever.

In short, he opens things up for that offense, and San Diego has a legit shot this year. The kicker is he'll be a RFA next year, so they could basically tag him for probably 3rd round value and still get compensation for him.

I'd love to get him, but if SD didn't want to let him go before the season started, I doubt they will at this point. Things are clicking way too well for them.

Also, trading JMac would free up Brad Smith for a bigger role in the offense which would be great (right now when he comes in, everyone - including the D - knows its a gadgit play and stuffs him).... oh, and don't forget about the great WR talent we have on the PS in Wright and such, just in case something should happen to someone...

Long and short of it, JMac is completely expendable and we have plenty of other areas we need more help in

HOW ABOUT JMAC FOR LAMONT JORDAN STRAIGHT UP? I'd take that in a second, and the Raiders need receivers that arent total douches

Quote Originally Posted by WhenYoureA_JET
    HOW ABOUT JMAC FOR LAMONT JORDAN STRAIGHT UP? I'd take that in a second, and the Raiders need receivers that arent total douches
    With the suspension on one side and Moss complaining on the other, JMac would be a starter the day he got there, and we could get a strong back to compliment Leon since Barlow can't top 2 YPC

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know if we could get anything of value for JMac, the guy couldn't catch a cold in a whore house. Maybe if we offered Blaylock, JMac and one of our second round picks we could get someone with talent. We really need to get a player that can put pressure on the ****ing QB or at least stop the run.