Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube flips a s*** and removes all my videos

Youtube flips a s*** and removes all my videos

.....stating copyright infringement.
    O well I will be hosting on putfile from now on.

This thread is really to tell everyone sorry I haven't made a highlight video for last weeks game but I've had boatloads of work and I will do it this weekend along with next weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshsports10
    .....stating copyright infringement.
    O well I will be hosting on putfile from now on.

This thread is really to tell everyone sorry I haven't made a highlight video for last weeks game but I've had boatloads of work and I will do it this weekend along with next weeks.
    I guess thats what happens when a monster Corp. like Google buys them out

JetsFan2012
    don't sweat it josh, you're doing great work. let the youtube sellout commence.

Rookie
    yea i noticed that. i tried to get all highlights from last weeks game and they were all gone. damn youtube.

Banned
    same thing happened to my videos..they sent me a big ass email saying it was illegal and they took it down..all thanks to Google!

this is some of the email..

YouTube
    Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by National Football League claiming that this material is infringing.
    Last edited by vilmatime51; 10-26-2006 at 09:32 PM.

Rookie
    Yeah, the NFL needs that extra money and protect itself

Hall Of Fame
    I hate how NFL Films controls all the NFL broadcasts, I swear if there was a channel where you could watch all 16 games of NFL action it would be a huge success.

They never show NFL games in their original state after they have aired, it pisses me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    I hate how NFL Films controls all the NFL broadcasts, I swear if there was a channel where you could watch all 16 games of NFL action it would be a huge success.

They never show NFL games in their original state after they have aired, it pisses me off.
    NFL Networks compressed games are awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    NFL Game of the Week>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL Replay

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    Im tellin ya, totally agree. Thats all I watch during the week now!

Hall Of Fame
    I hope them ****s didn't get rid of the music vids, it was my main source for finding new bands.

Undrafted Free Agent
    That's why there's tivo/dvr's, cuz the NFL is comprised of greedy pigs who claim to be all about the fans, but care for nothing but the almighty dollar. You'd think they'd appreciate the fact that some of us like to see teams put up good defensive stances, but Noooooo... edit it all out and water it down.

The fans I really kinda feel for are the Chicago fans cuz they seem to miss the best parts of their teams games (cuz it sure ain't Rex Grossman or Thomas Jones)

You haven't seen anything yet wait about a year and the music videos will be gone too. The Music industry will start the same garbage they did with MP3 file sharing saying its a copyright infringement. You Tube was a great thing before Google bought them out now the whole country knows about You Tube you will see everything taken down that is connected to some big conglomerate that owns the rights.

Veteran
    Josh I've loved your vids all along...don't let it get you down! Putfile seemed to be better quality anyways...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969
    You haven't seen anything yet wait about a year and the music videos will be gone too. The Music industry will start the same garbage they did with MP3 file sharing saying its a copyright infringement. You Tube was a great thing before Google bought them out now the whole country knows about You Tube you will see everything taken down that is connected to some big conglomerate that owns the rights.
    I beleive they have struck revenue sharing agreements with at least some of the studios, so music videos may be OK.

Banned
    putfile is better quality anyway...

Practice Squad
    Good to hear from you Josh - and agreed putfile was always better quality.

Hall Of Fame
    Google bought youtube and I guess they are cracking down now.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmatime51
    same thing happened to my videos..they sent me a big ass email saying it was illegal and they took it down..all thanks to Google!

this is some of the email..

YouTube
    Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by National Football League claiming that this material is infringing.
    Hate to say it, but they had no choice. Your vids do infringe the NFL's copyright, and after receiving that notice their options were take the vids down or be hit with a lawsuit (and have no defense of lack of notice).

No choice.

As for you, you've now been notified that the vids are copyright violations - which means that if you put stuff on putfile, and they sue you, they'll be able to hit you with willfull infringment. Willfull infringment means that they get treble damages.

Just wanted to give you the info - what you do with it is up to you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Google bought youtube and I guess they are cracking down now.
    Don't blame them, blame the NFL.