Thread: Open challenge to the NY Tabloids {Post, Daily News, etc.}

Banned

Open challenge to the NY Tabloids {Post, Daily News, etc.}

Run these two still photos in sequence ... in your newspaper

It's that simple ... very simple request ... if you have the guts to tweek the NFL on an obvious botched call, BIG IF, run these two photos in your newspaper ... and if you really have guts, run it on the back page

I'm betting you won't touch these photos with a 10 foot poll, because I know how it works in this town, I know about the reluctance to even create the impression that you might be going to bat for a home-team, I know how you would rather drink cyanide than commit such a cardinal sin, and I know how reluctant you all are to really take on the NFL and its Officals

If I'm wrong, PROVE IT ... prove me wrong ... here's your chance to prove me wrong ... and I'll be the first to commend you if you do, but I suspect you will avoid these photos {Provided by Joshsports10} like the plague

Anyway, I know this will make it difficult for the NFL to sell us their bill of goods {which is definitely being concocted as I type this}, about how it was a judgement call and the officials made the right call, blah blah blah ... but isn't that what Journalism is supposed to be all about, to speak truth to power and hold them accountable?

If so, here's your chance ... it's your call, no pun intended

Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-30-2006 at 12:47 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    i caNT LOOK at them pics....

i keep getting hypnotized by that mysterious blue orb on the top right

its making gay and horny

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham

It's that simple ... very simple request ... if you have the guts to tweek the NFL on an obvious botched call, BIG IF, run these two photos in your newspaper ... and if you really have guts, run it on the back page

I'm betting you won't touch these photos with a 10 foot poll, because I know how it works in this town, I know about the reluctance to even create the impression that you might be going to bat for a home-team, I know how you would rather drink cyanide than commit such a cardinal sin, and I know how reluctant your all are to really stick it to the NFL and its Officals

If I'm wrong, PROVE IT ... prove me wrong ... here's your chance to prove me wrong ... and I'll be the first to commend you if you do, but I suspect you will avoid these photos {Provided by Joshsports10} like the plague

Anyway, I know this will make it difficult for the NFL to sell us their bill of goods {which is definitely being concocted as a type this}, about how it was a judgment call and the officials made the right call, blah blah blah ... but isn't that what Journalism is supposed to be all about, to speak truth to power and hold them accountable?

Good job Hammy !!!

All League
    ****, I think Berger would have ran them if his editor would have let him. I don't know about T-Rock though. Glauber's an incompetent tool as well.

Rookie
    Funny how there is not a ref visable anywhere in either frame.
    We got hosed.

AZ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan

We got hosed.

AZ
    Great Catch, AZ ... I didn't even notice that, but you're exactly right

So not only did we get screwed, but the incompetent buffoons were not even in a position to get it right

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What suks the most is............they can apologize but we can never get this game back and it won't make our record 5-3 like it could have.......

They clearly made the wrong call and I am pissed beyond belief...........I'm not like the rest of you that dwell on a loss for days but this one is going to kill me for days..........

The Daily News has stepped up to the challenge.

They didn't use the shots posted on the board, but there's no question that the reporter is calling out the ref. He gives the guys' name.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...p-392620c.html

Hall Of Fame
    Unfortunately Ham, these media idiots would never pull such a stunt. They love there media passes too much. They are so stuck trying to stay NEUTRAL, that they can't even see a story line even when it jumps up and bites them in the A$$.

Any way, believe it or not, my rant is about these ****ing amateurs they hired to officiate an NFL game. Something I would certainly think is worthy of there best efforts. Well, if that was there best effort my a$$ is a banjo. There should be apologies issued to the Jets organization for the bad officiating, not that it would change my anger any. THE REFS COST US THIS GAME!!!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The only good that come out of this phuck up is........some bad calls go our way on 11/12..........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    THE REFS COST US THIS GAME!!!!!!
    The refs cost us a chance at tying the game. Anything coud have happened after that. Missed / blocked PAT, KO return for a TD, loss in OT ...

Still sucks, but that TD alone would not have won it. (Unless we go for 2 and convert!).

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzJetFan
    We got hosed.

AZ

that's because the side judge, who made the call, is to the far right of the pylon out of the field of play as he's suppose to be....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham

I'm betting you won't touch these photos with a 10 foot poll, because I know how it works in this town, I know about the reluctance to even create the impression that you might be going to bat for a home-team, I know how you would rather drink cyanide than commit such a cardinal sin, and I know how reluctant you all are to really take on the NFL and its Officals

Anyway, I know this will make it difficult for the NFL to sell us their bill of goods {which is definitely being concocted as I type this}, about how it was a judgement call and the officials made the right call, blah blah blah ... but isn't that what Journalism is supposed to be all about, to speak truth to power and hold them accountable?

Amazing thing is in the game it looks like they hit him out of bounds. But, in these pice, thanks Josh sports, it looks like they are literally pushing him. The exact thing that this rule is supposed to prevent. nice post Ham. Now let's see if any of these sissy's have the courage.

Practice Squad
    It's not even close. His right foot, the foot closest to the sideline is about to land, and I think he actually got his left foot inbounds despite the push.