Thread: OT Music:Reverend Horton Heat

Hall Of Fame

OT Music:Reverend Horton Heat

Once again I've discovered that bands who play at your local clubs for $15 can put on a really smoking show. Problem is you don't know who they are because your local radio station wants to make sure you hear Steve Miller's Fly Like an Eagle for the 20,000th time. Anyway I saw the Reverend last night and he was really cool. He won't be for the likes of many of the hip hop guys on the board. He plays rockabilly, with a rock and roll blues feel. Smoking show. Unbelievable guitarist, makes me so jealous. I can almost see why some guys sell their souls. Crowd slightly scary. White guys who won't rob you but just go straight to killing you. Like people you see at those snakehandler churches. Anyway the band was the reverend, a stand up bassist and the drummer. Place was jumping. Its amazing how good some of these no name bands are yet guys like Poison live in mansions. Cool show for less than the ticketmaster surcharge for U2 or the Stones. Screw the 60 year old billionaires who charge you $150 for tickets. The cool shows are in the small clubs.

Hall Of Fame
    No name band? The Rev's been around for some time. (Yeah, I know alot don't know about him) You ever hear the beef commercial with the song;
    Eat beef, eat beef,
    Eat a big ole' steer,
    Eat beef, eat beef,
    Do we have one here?

Here's a list of Rev.HH 'must listen to' songs;
    Bales of Cocaine
    Where in the Hell did You go with my Toothbrush?
    In Your Wildest Dreams
    One Time For Me
    Big Red Rocket of Love
    Baddest of the Bad
    Liquor, Beer, and Wine
    Slow
    Cowboy Love

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

He does a great cover of a Stones tune. Think it was Dead Flowers. Haven't seen him in quite some time.

Hall Of Fame

Hall Of Fame
    I've seen him a couple of times. I always seem to get into the coke real bad on those nights.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater
    No name band? The Rev's been around for some time. (Yeah, I know alot don't know about him) You ever hear the beef commercial with the song;
    Eat beef, eat beef,
    Eat a big ole' steer,
    Eat beef, eat beef,
    Do we have one here?

Here's a list of Rev.HH 'must listen to' songs;
    Bales of Cocaine
    Where in the Hell did You go with my Toothbrush?
    In Your Wildest Dreams
    One Time For Me
    Big Red Rocket of Love
    Baddest of the Bad
    Liquor, Beer, and Wine
    Slow
    Cowboy Love

I never heard of the guy. I don't like most Rockabilly so maybe I just dismissed him in the past. I'm going to get some of his stuff.

Practice Squad
    There are few acts I've seen more over the last 12 years. Always a great show.

And for you GUITAR HERO addicts, Psychobilly Freakout is on the new one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    I never heard of the guy. I don't like most Rockabilly so maybe I just dismissed him in the past. I'm going to get some of his stuff.
    'Liquor in the Front, Poker in the Rear' is a good place to start.

Veteran
    Once again I've discovered that bands who play at your local clubs for $15 can put on a really smoking show. Problem is you don't know who they are because your local radio station wants to make sure you hear Steve Miller's Fly Like an Eagle for the 20,000th time. Anyway I saw the Reverend last night and he was really cool. He won't be for the likes of many of the hip hop guys on the board. He plays rockabilly, with a rock and roll blues feel. Smoking show. Unbelievable guitarist, makes me so jealous. I can almost see why some guys sell their souls. Crowd slightly scary. White guys who won't rob you but just go straight to killing you. Like people you see at those snakehandler churches. Anyway the band was the reverend, a stand up bassist and the drummer. Place was jumping. Its amazing how good some of these no name bands are yet guys like Poison live in mansions. Cool show for less than the ticketmaster surcharge for U2 or the Stones. Screw the 60 year old billionaires who charge you $150 for tickets. The cool shows are in the small clubs.
    seen the reverened many times.

one of the best shows you will see, there awesome live.

going to see primus tonight, cant wait!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Aint that the truth. The main reason I bought Sirius. I went to a festival this summer - Gathering Of The Vibes - and got exposed to a number of bands I have never heard of that played some great, great music i.e. Ryan Montbleau Band, Martin Sexton, just to name a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater
    'Liquor in the Front, Poker in the Rear' is a good place to start.

Yes it is!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet
    Aint that the truth. The main reason I bought Sirius. I went to a festival this summer - Gathering Of The Vibes - and got exposed to a number of bands I have never heard of that played some great, great music i.e. Ryan Montbleau Band, Martin Sexton, just to name a couple.
    Yeah, now a days if you can just get the names of bands people find interesting you can check out sound samples online or go to the bands website.