Thread: OT: Sony PS3 and Bose

All League

OT: Sony PS3 and Bose

Well I guess there is going to be a major rush to the stores to purchase the PS3 when it comes out regardless of the fact that it is one expensive toy. Amazon reported that they had over 100,000 people that were on the notify list and Best Buy may be sold out in one day. I just cant justify the price tag but a lot of people on this board are going to shell out the $500-$600+ $60 per game for a new PS3...good luck.

I have a lot of CD's amd like to listen to them at work. I was going to buy a Bose CD radio but it is a lot of money $500 like most Bose products. I searched the web and found the Cambridge Sound Works desktop CD/radio for $300 and it had excellent sound plus a remote. If you are looking for a great desktop CD/radio I highly recommend this.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    Well I guess there is going to be a major rush to the stores to purchase the PS3 when it comes out regardless of the fact that it is one expensive toy. Amazon reported that they had over 100,000 people that were on the notify list and Best Buy may be sold out in one day. I just cant justify the price tag but a lot of people on this board are going to shell out the $500-$600+ $60 per game for a new PS3...good luck.

I have a lot of CD's amd like to listen to them at work. I was going to buy a Bose CD radio but it is a lot of money $500 like most Bose products. I searched the web and found the Cambridge Sound Works desktop CD/radio for $300 and it had excellent sound plus a remote. If you are looking for a great desktop CD/radio I highly recommend this.
    Im going to wait. I for one dont get enough playing time on my lowly PS2 as it is, plus with the problems Ive been hearing about them, the "shortage", and the price tag...I'll ride out the madness on this one.

Veteran
    If you have the money why not get a PS3?

Oh well, to each his own.

And EVERY store is going to sell out, they're not shipping that many out initially. Something like 400k IIRC.

I'm going to wait a while, both for price and quality concerns. You never know how these systems are going to perform out of the gate. Besides, FFXII is out and it's putting the lowly PS2 to good use.

I'm getting a Wii now and waiting on a PS3 until GTA IV comes out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    You think there will be the same EBAY craze for the PS3 that there was for 360?

Im thinking about getting one and selling it that day on ebay. I remember the 360s were going to 4X retail.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by StBonaventureJets
    You think there will be the same EBAY craze for the PS3 that there was for 360?

Im thinking about getting one and selling it that day on ebay. I remember the 360s were going to 4X retail.
    There already is. Pre-Order slips which only gives you the right to buy a PS3 were going for about 700 dollars. So some people will pay 7 or 800 for a recepit so they can spend 600 additional dollars on a PS3 on its launch date. If you can get your hands on one it is a profitable business move.

Rookie
    I have a Bose Wave System and bought the extra 3 CD changer....bery much worth the cost and the sound is phenominal! The size is just right, no need to junk up a room with tower cabinets and large speakers.

I really enjoy it and I am looking at the new CineMate digital home theather system for Christmas..neat small set up with no wires and extra stuff I don't want and or need.

Bose is pricey for sure, but so far I'm real happy with their stuff.

Banned
    i'm going to freeze myself until the Nintendo Wii comes out...hopefully i dont wake up 500 years in the future...

Banned
    The XBOX360 is fantastic.

The Bose product blows away the Cambridge Sounworks knock-off.

SAR I

All Pro
    My gf refers to the XBox 360 as the cute DVD player.

She has never seen me play the damn thing. Getting the Wii when it comes out do it too can collect dust. I will wait for a price drop to buy the PS3 so it can also become a paper weight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BergenJet
    My gf refers to the XBox 360 as the cute DVD player.

She has never seen me play the damn thing. Getting the Wii when it comes out do it too can collect dust. I will wait for a price drop to buy the PS3 so it can also become a paper weight.
    Microsoft just released a 1080p software update which will be sweet on my Sony XBR LCD.

If you have it networked to your PC, you can stream MP3's, photos, and video to your TV via the 360 which is almost worth the price of admission right there.

SAR I

Veteran
    One word: Wii.

seriously. gamers will learn after these new systems that gameplay that is fun/addictive works better than real-life graphics.

ninetendo is on the right track.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    The XBOX360 is fantastic.

The Bose product blows away the Cambridge Sounworks knock-off.

SAR I
    Don't agree plus in order to use the volume on the Bose you have to use the remote on the CS you can use the knob. Bose makes good product but they just arent worth the money and if you go to Cnet you can see a head to head comparison which blew the Bose away.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb
    One word: Wii.

seriously. gamers will learn after these new systems that gameplay that is fun/addictive works better than real-life graphics.

ninetendo is on the right track.

I disagree about that. Its not just real-life graphics. Its the complete package. The Wii is really screwing themselves by not going to High Def like Microsoft and Sony. Sure im gonna get a Wii but only for Zelda and Mario. Yes, its priced cheaper, but i personally am angry that Nintendo is really shutting themselves out of the graphics battle this time.

I have tons of fun playing 360 and find it addictive, and i dont need to swing my damn controller around like a wand.

To each his own.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    Don't agree plus in order to use the volume on the Bose you have to use the remote on the CS you can use the knob. Bose makes good product but they just arent worth the money and if you go to Cnet you can see a head to head comparison which blew the Bose away.
    Everyone (including yourself) is anti-Bose. Most of it is justified like on their overrated speakers or awful 321 system. When it comes to the Wave Radio though, all bets are off as it's clearly better than the other wannabe's. Same can be said for their SoundDock for iPod.

Listen, I know you're an Apple zealot and are anti-everything-that-is-popular because it makes you oh-so unique, but give it a rest. Trust me on this one. Knobs included.

SAR I

All League
    I purchased a Bose 5 years ago and the cost was $500 then. They let you pay monthly for a year by automatically deducting from your credit card and no additional cost for doing so. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. The sound is incredible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet
    I purchased a Bose 5 years ago and the cost was $500 then. They let you pay monthly for a year by automatically deducting from your credit card and no additional cost for doing so. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. The sound is incredible.
    Very true.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Everyone (including yourself) is anti-Bose. Most of it is justified like on their overrated speakers or awful 321 system. When it comes to the Wave Radio though, all bets are off as it's clearly better than the other wannabe's. Same can be said for their SoundDock for iPod.

Listen, I know you're an Apple zealot and are anti-everything-that-is-popular because it makes you oh-so unique, but give it a rest. Trust me on this one. Knobs included.

SAR I
    SAR you might want to go to CNET and look at the side by side comparisons plus there is an article from the Wall Street Journal rating a best buy against the Bose. I listened to the Bose and it sounds nice but I just could not justify the money compared to the Cambridge Sound Works. By the way the Zune does not even compare to the iPod and Vista is a dissappointment at best. Ohhhh and yes Leinart has looked good (NOT!!!)

All League
    Buying 3 consoles every 5 years is getting annoying. I'm just gonna stick with the 360 I have and a Wii down the line. The price point on the Ps3 is just absurd.