Thread: This is why the Jets can beat the Bears

All League

This is why the Jets can beat the Bears

The Jet's have a good chance to beat the Bears or at least play havoc with them. First; the Jets do a great job of spreading the ball around and showing the defense a bunch of different formations. If the O line can give Chad the time he needs to make reads then the Bears are in for a long day. The game last week against the Giants was a really physical game for the Bears but the Jets also beat up New England last week so the battle in the trenches is gouing to be on to watch.

The defense can shake up Grossman just like they did to Brady with different looks and coverages.

The Bears have come back in the 4th quarter twice in big games and if by chance the Jets have them down they are going to need to put the final nail in the box.

I am interested to see the game plan on the offense and defense by the Jets and if by chance we do beat the Bears I am really interested to see what the media has to say about the Jets this year.

I think the key is to hit Grossman early and often. Once he's rattled, I think he will implode. I've never been a huge fan -- not even in his Gator days.

Besides, doesn't he kind of look like the kid from "Leave it to Beaver"?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    The Jet's have a good chance to beat the Bears or at least play havoc with them. First; the Jets do a great job of spreading the ball around and showing the defense a bunch of different formations. If the O line can give Chad the time he needs to make reads then the Bears are in for a long day. The game last week against the Giants was a really physical game for the Bears but the Jets also beat up New England last week so the battle in the trenches is gouing to be on to watch.

The defense can shake up Grossman just like they did to Brady with different looks and coverages.

The Bears have come back in the 4th quarter twice in big games and if by chance the Jets have them down they are going to need to put the final nail in the box.

I am interested to see the game plan on the offense and defense by the Jets and if by chance we do beat the Bears I am really interested to see what the media has to say about the Jets this year.
    They definitely CAN win this game. Nothing is impossible in the NFL today.

The big sticking point for me is Chad Pennington. There won't be many holes to run through this weekend. The Bears have a very good front seven. So Penny is going to need to lead the team to victory........

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet

The big sticking point for me is Chad Pennington. There won't be many holes to run through this weekend. The Bears have a very good front seven. So Penny is going to need to lead the team to victory........

There are seams in the CHI secondary that are vulnerable. Their corners are too good for Penny to throw those floaters to the right/left sideline. He's going to have to use the middle of the field a lot more.

Could we see a good game for McCareins, Dwight, and Baker this Sunday?

Hall Of Fame
    Bears can be run on, see Frank Gore and Tiki Barber. Don't try to run outside though they are too fast. You have to run straight at them with Bralow and Washington. This game will probably be won with the running game. Also if you are the Jets be conservative on 3rd and 8+, don't call for a 7 step drop in that case under an situation. Punting isn't a terrible thing in a game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonio_JetFan
    I think the key is to hit Grossman early and often. Once he's rattled, I think he will implode. I've never been a huge fan -- not even in his Gator days.

Besides, doesn't he kind of look like the kid from "Leave it to Beaver"?

That's pretty much what Jason Taylor said after we beat the bears the other week, Grossman becomes a different QB if you can hit him a lot early.

All League
    unleash the hound on d.....get in grossman's head often and early

on offense, i would come out no huddle and go deep atleast once on the first drive, pass alot.....i would like them to establish the pass to set up the run in this game, because i doubt we will be able to establish the run early against the bears front 7....i'm still waiting for the brad smith td pass, but overall we have to be creative on offense and aggressive on d

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa
    unleash the hound on d.....get in grossman's head often and early

on offense, i would come out no huddle and go deep atleast once on the first drive, pass alot.....i would like them to establish the pass to set up the run in this game, because i doubt we will be able to establish the run early against the bears front 7....i'm still waiting for the brad smith td pass, but overall we have to be creative on offense and aggressive on d
    Bears can be run on, they have allowed a 100 yard rusher the last 3 games..........

Don't try to pass on them, Chad will get killed.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Bears can be run on, they have allowed a 100 yard rusher the last 3 games..........

i agree....i was just commenting on what i would do the first drive, no question we need to run a lot

JetsInsider.com Legend
    An added twist to this scenario is when the Bears go back & look on tape, which defense do they gameplan for? The one they've seen through the first 8 games, or the one the saw last week?

Just gives them more to think about, imo...

What's the weather forecast for Sunday?

Anyone? Bueller?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Supposed to be 'nice' and in the mid 50s, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked
    Supposed to be 'nice' and in the mid 50s, I think

Great. Thanks.

I think I'm more amp'ed about this game than the Pats game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3

I have a lot of faith in Shotty...

Undrafted Free Agent
    the biggest matchup this week will be Mangold vs. Urlacher. Mangold must be able to get to him to lay blocks on him if we want to have any chance at a running game. If we are able to somewhat run the ball for and average of about 3 yds a carry we have a shot. We cannot become one dimensional. keeping urlacher in check is a huge part.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet

Not to disagree Maine, but the Bears have given up over 100 yds to a RB the last three games (141 to Tiki). I think the Jets will be able to use Leon and K. similar to the Giants rush...then Penny gets his chance to throw a few!

Go JETS!!!

Hall Of Fame
    the bears are mentally weak and overrated. The NFC is a weaker conference.
    they got a gift from god vs AZ, and got thumped by Miami.

they lose focus, read their press clippings, and overlook teams.

with the bears playing the pats after us, I think we will get a typical bears "30 minute" performance Sunday. I predict they play poorly in the first half, then make a rousing comeback, but we hold on.

Hall Of Fame
    Ikey, the way to run on the bears is with misdirection and cutbacks - they are a fast, swarm to the ball defense and can be induced to overpursue. That's why I think you'll see more of Barlow than Washington - not because Barlow is a power runner, but because he's more patient, more likely to let the play develop then cut, as opposed to Leon who will dance or simply try to outrun the D (which he won't be able to do)