Thread: Time for the Jets to pimp those Dolphins--why the Dolphins win could be a GOOD thing

Banned

Time for the Jets to pimp those Dolphins--why the Dolphins win could be a GOOD thing

Let them think they're still alive. Let them be fired up and ready to win out...I hope that they do for the next games (JAX, NE) at least. Imagine how helpful it would and could be if they win those 2 games.

The Dolphins can be "pimped" if you will, used in dealing a couple of key AFC opponents losses. Their season-ending loss should come at some point in the rest of the schedule.

So I for one am OK with the dolphins win today.

Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    Let them think they're still alive. Let them be fired up and ready to win out...I hope that they do for the next games (JAX, NE) at least. Imagine how helpful it would and could be if they win those 2 games.

The Dolphins can be "pimped" if you will, used in dealing a couple of key AFC opponents losses. Their season-ending loss should come at some point in the rest of the schedule.

So I for one am OK with the dolphins win today.
    I like where your heads at.

All Pro
    eyahhhhh pimp them hoes!!
    I like where her head is at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason
    hey, this is a possibility i've never seen mentioned but that i always thought about. i see other worries like 'the dolphins are coming!' but that doesn't concern me at all. what we should really be doing is rooting for the dolphins like i was to win today--had they lost, they'd know too that their season really is over. but now, i think they come out fired up for JAX and NE, thinking they have a shot.

let's ride the pretender's waves and milk it as much as possible, that's what i say.

Banned
    if the dolphins beat New England and Jacksonville they will absolutely dismantle us, and not only knock us out of playoff contention, but take our spot.

Mark it down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    if the dolphins beat New England and Jacksonville they will absolutely dismantle us, and not only knock us out of playoff contention, but take our spot.

Mark it down.
    this is all about getting things taken care of that are no longer in the Jets' control--which is teams that are ahead getting losses, that is the primary concern. if you notice, if the season ended today the Jets would be out of the playoffs. this is why it's important to see where teams that are ahead could get their losses. i see it more likely that a hot Dolphins team could help out, rather than the green bays and the detroits. if the Dolphins do what we'd like--beat JAX and/or NE--that's all that could be asked for of them. the Jets will then have their own game against the dolphins in their own hands, so if the "dismantling" happens, so be it--at least the opportunity would have been there for the game to even matter, rather than already be eliminated from playoff contention.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS_for_life
    this is all about getting things taken care of that are no longer in the Jets' control--which is teams that are ahead getting losses, that is the primary concern. if you notice, if the season ended today the Jets would be out of the playoffs. this is why it's important to see where teams that are ahead could get their losses. i see it more likely that a hot Dolphins team could help out, rather than the green bays and the detroits. if the Dolphins do what we'd like--beat JAX and/or NE--that's all that could be asked for of them. the Jets will then have their own game against the dolphins in their own hands, so if the "dismantling" happens, so be it--at least the opportunity would have been there for the game to even matter, rather than already be eliminated from playoff contention.
    yes, in a vacuum, this would help us a lot. You're 100% correct, and I can't contest that... but we need to beat the dolphins or we get hurt badly on tiebreakers... so I'd be careful what i wished for when you consider momentum and such other things.