Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RU goes from 14 to 13

JetsInsider.com Legend
    National Rankings mean jack at this point, either we beat WVU and win the conference or we go to another bowl and hopefully finish in the top 25.

All Pro
    Have any bowl matchups been set up already? I checked out Fox sports today but nothing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGee77
    Have any bowl matchups been set up already? I checked out Fox sports today but nothing.
    Pretty Sure Ohio and USC in the National Champ.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Pretty Sure Ohio and USC in the National Champ.
    If USC beats UCLA they're a lock, otherwise it'll be OSU/Michigan again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Eh Boring! lol I dont wanna see that again.

Hall Of Fame
    I think theres a good chance Florida leapfrogs Michigan. First of all because a won over a top 10 ranked BCS team in the SEC championship will work wonders for Floridas strength of schedule, and should likely give them a boost in the Rankings (Especially should USC lose, as the voters will dick over Michigan just to keep the National Championship from being a rematch).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Eh Boring! lol I dont wanna see that again.
    I'll tell you this much, it might be 4 straight national championship games for Carroll if he beats the Bruins, and that is one heck of an achievement right there. Much moreso in college than in the pros in terms of consecutive championship appearences.

I'll tell you this much, it might be 4 straight national championship games for Carroll if he beats the Bruins, and that is one heck of an achievement right there. Much moreso in college than in the pros in terms of consecutive championship appearences.
    Unfortunately they don't really deserve to be there this year due to losing to Oregon State while Michigan lost by 3 to the top team in the country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    I think theres a good chance Florida leapfrogs Michigan. First of all because a won over a top 10 ranked BCS team in the SEC championship will work wonders for Floridas strength of schedule, and should likely give them a boost in the Rankings (Especially should USC lose, as the voters will dick over Michigan just to keep the National Championship from being a rematch).
    Depends, I actually like Arkansas next week over Florida. I think McFadden's going to have a field day, especially after seeing what Lester and Irons did to the Gators a few months back, and neither of them have 1/4 of the talent that McFadden has.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Unfortunately they don't really deserve to be there this year due to losing to Oregon State while Michigan lost by 3 to the top team in the country.
    It really is a shame, Michigan's one loss is to OSU in Columbus. If USC loses they deserve another shot at the title IMO, Venom's right though if Florida beats Ark then they could definitely leapfrog into the 2 spot.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Next Sunday night they will announce the bowl games I believe. I think there's a half hour show on NBC that will go through all the matchups!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Look, I absolutely hate USC (and OSU for that matter so this really sucks for me) but they have looked really impressive lately, especially against Notre Dame. Michigan beat Notre Dame by more, but benefited from some stupid Irish turnovers early. USC on the other hand got no gifts from Notre Dame, had a kick blocked, gave the Irish two INTs, and still managed to completely dominate them from start to finish. The game was over by halftime regardless of Quinn engineering a TD drive or two later on. The BCS is supposed to match the two best teams at the end of the season, and I can't reasonably say that Michigan has looked better then USC down the stretch.

Banned
    Personally, I'd love to see a rematch of OSU & MICHIGAN at a neutral location.

I believe had they played in Michigan, then the outcome would have been different.

Either way, it was a heck of a game.

The match I'd love to see is Rutgers vs Notre Dame. NJ boy Charlie Weis vs NJ boy Schiano. See if Rutgers is for real or just a pretender.

But it will never happen.

Veteran
    I say they should have a Florida State - Miami rematch in one of the BCS games this year. I mean, it was titanic defensive struggle at the beginning of the season with tons of talent all over the field. Who wouldn't want to see the senile legend who is Bobby Bowden match wits one final time with Uncle Fester twin Larry Coker in what would surely be the greatest game ever played?

Getting back to the thread...I think RU is ranked properly. Let them use any slight they may feel against their ranking into scheduling tougher non conference opponents next year...anyone know when college football schedules come out for NEXT year? They need to schedule more Wisconsins and less Howards. Thoughts?

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay
    Getting back to the thread...I think RU is ranked properly. Let them use any slight they may feel against their ranking into scheduling tougher non conference opponents next year...anyone know when college football schedules come out for NEXT year? They need to schedule more Wisconsins and less Howards. Thoughts?

I would assume (hope) that with this shiny, new successful Rutgers program will come tougher schedules against more recognized opponents.

All League
    The scary thing is that they will be even better next year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay

All of these teams take a slew of cup-cakes out of their conference, Jay .. they all schedule the Howard's of the world .. the difference is, their conferences are stronger than the BIG EAST so much of their "in-conference" schedules are viewed as heavyweight matchups

With the exception of Louisville and WVU, the rest of RU's "conference opponents" are viewed as lightweights

So yeah, you're right ... but only because the B.E. is viewed as the lightweight conference in the BCS

I'm not saying that perception is wrong BTW, but that's why the better teams in the B.E. have to schedule {and beat} some tougher non conference opponents ... the better teams from the SEC, ACC, PAC 10, BIG 10 or BIG 12 can all pad their records with the Howard's of the world and they won't be punished for it, but the better teams in the B.E. don't have that luxury lest they win the B.E. outright
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 11-27-2006 at 06:43 AM.