Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Did you get any type of joy from the Giants collapse today?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903

    Did you get any type of joy from the Giants collapse today?

    I never thought I disliked the G-Men, I really didn't.

    But today, as Vince Young was throwing that last TD in the 4th, I found myself emitting a very evil laugh. I actually found pure joy in that Giants collapse today, and I have no explanation why.

    On that last Giants drive, I look at my Dad, and we both say almost at the same time, "here comes the pick." Sure enough, 5 seconds later, there goes Eli throwing it right to Pacman. And when Bironas hit that FG, I looked down, only to see that I was rubbing my hands together like I was some sort of evil mastermind in a James Bond movie and then looked in the mirror to see an evil grin on my face. It was pure joy, evil joy at that, but I can't remember the last time I was so happy in the fact that another team's fans were going to experience some serious pain.

    Maybe it's because I hate their fans, or maybe it's because I just wanted to see what the tabloids would look like if the Giants blew that lead, but I just found the whole thing hilarious.

    I just hope karma isn't a b*tch in this case, and I'm going to go knock on some wood as soon as I hit the submit button.

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    I never thought I disliked the G-Men, I really didn't.

    But today, as Vince Young was throwing that last TD in the 4th, I found myself emitting a very evil laugh. I actually found pure joy in that Giants collapse today, and I have no explanation why.

    On that last Giants drive, I look at my Dad, and we both say almost at the same time, "here comes the pick." Sure enough, 5 seconds later, there goes Eli throwing it right to Pacman. And when Bironas hit that FG, I looked down, only to see that I was rubbing my hands together like I was some sort of evil mastermind in a James Bond movie and then looked in the mirror to see an evil grin on my face. It was pure joy, evil joy at that, but I can't remember the last time I was so happy in the fact that another team's fans were going to experience some serious pain.

    Maybe it's because I hate their fans, or maybe it's because I just wanted to see what the tabloids would look like if the Giants blew that lead, but I just found the whole thing hilarious.

    I just hope karma isn't a b*tch in this case, and I'm going to go knock on some wood as soon as I hit the submit button.
    Also what made today Great Chad rallying the crowd. I neevr screamed like I did for that at the stadium.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Nope.

    There is no Jets/Giants rivalry. I've always enjoyed the fact that I can watch 2 games each Sunday, and most of my family members are Giants fans so it helps if I can stay in touch with their team too.

    SAR I

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Also what made today Great Chad rallying the crowd. I neevr screamed like I did for that at the stadium.
    Am I the only one that finds this as pathetic as the "ovation" for Testaverde after his meaningless win last season?

    I hate when Jets fans act like Mets fans. Such low expectations and so little needed to get faux praise.

    SAR I

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Nope.

    There is no Jets/Giants rivalry. I've always enjoyed the fact that I can watch 2 games each Sunday, and most of my family members are Giants fans so it helps if I can stay in touch with their team too.

    SAR I
    I totally agree, there's no rivalry.

    However the majority of people from Central Jerz on up are Giants fans, and I don't know how it is in NY, but here in NJ, Giants fans do nothing but piss all over Jets fans when ever they have the opportunity (unless the team's bad, then they have absolutely nothing to say).

    Plus it makes for AWESOME headlines.

  6. #6
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    I'm surprised to admit that I did, yes. Even though I never rooted against the Giants before, there was something oddly satisfying about it.

    Strange.

  7. #7
    flushingjet
    Guest
    the dictionary company just printed the picture of Eli on the turf after his last INT next to the entry for "schadenfreude"

    no I don't believe in karma either-that's crackpot philosophy/religion for stoners and hippies

  8. #8
    Couldn't watch the game live, but it definitely did. I hate the Giants. Not as much as the Fins or Patriots, but I do not like that team. I also listen to M&MD during work and there's nothing better than listening to them rip the Giants.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Am I the only one that finds this as pathetic as the "ovation" for Testaverde after his meaningless win last season?

    I hate when Jets fans act like Mets fans. Such low expectations and so little needed to get faux praise.

    SAR I
    No. The guy was down for a little bit. When you QB goes down its rough.He gets back up and tells you he is ok. That means something to me and certainly alot of fans.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Roslyn
    Posts
    6,846
    I loved watching the Giants collapse and I admit it. Anyone who thinks there is not a rivalry is dellusionary.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I'm surprised to admit that I did, yes. Even though I never rooted against the Giants before, there was something oddly satisfying about it.

    Strange.
    Exactly, I don't even have an explanation for it. Yet there I was, cheering on Vince Young and laughing at the misery that I knew Giants fans were feeling as they watched Mathias Kiwanuka make one of the all-time bonehead plays in the history of the NFL.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    18,349
    I was watching the end of the game with a few Giants fans and they was screaming at the TV and all, I couldn't help but smile because of how much trash they gave me all offseason when 'The Jets suck' and 'They'll be lucky to win 6 games' and now we have the same exact record as the Giants.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,077
    watching the giants lose was almost as good as watching the jets win..well not really but it was defintly great 2 watch

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    not that I hate the Giants (Shockey and Eli yes) but yeah I was cheering the Titans on
    that catch-up and then winning the game seconds before it ended was great!!!

  15. #15
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Exactly, I don't even have an explanation for it. Yet there I was, cheering on Vince Young and laughing at the misery that I knew Giants fans were feeling as they watched Mathias Kiwanuka make one of the all-time bonehead plays in the history of the NFL.
    When Vince Young broke out of that weak sack and scrambled for 19 yards, I started to giggle uncontrollably.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    I loved watching the Giants collapse and I admit it. Anyone who thinks there is not a rivalry is dellusionary.
    There is no rivalry. What there is is a small faction of insecure fans that use the word "rivalry" instead of the word they really are intending to use: "jealousy". You want to be jealous of a team with a richer history and prettier uniforms, go right ahead; don't project your Mets-like insecurities on the rest of us.

    SAR I

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    When Vince Young broke out of that weak sack and scrambled for 19 yards, I started to giggle uncontrollably.
    Did you see the locker room interview after? Either Kiwanuka didn't even shower after the game or he must have sweated out two buckets worth of perspiration as he was being interviewed.

    And yes, I found that part hilarious as well.......and I have no idea why.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    There is no rivalry. What there is is a small faction of insecure fans that use the word "rivalry" instead of the word they really are intending to use: "jealousy". You want to be jealous of a team with a richer history and prettier uniforms, go right ahead; don't project your Mets-like insecurities on the rest of us.

    SAR I
    The Giants uniforms suck, I'd never be jealous of those grey pants, they're just so out of style these days.

  19. #19
    flushingjet
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    There is no rivalry. What there is is a small faction of insecure fans that use the word "rivalry" instead of the word they really are intending to use: "jealousy". You want to be jealous of a team with a richer history and prettier uniforms, go right ahead; don't project your Mets-like insecurities on the rest of us.

    SAR I
    In this case, brand "X" and not yourself gets the square-
    did you ever consider how Giants fans,
    en bloc became insufferable boors once they
    won their 1st SB?

    Kind of like Yankee fans after '96...

    As is often the case, some are both, which makes
    a Yankee flameout and Giant collapse doubly sweet.

    In your parlance, a multiple happy ending...

    You can hate a hater in return...and that's OK!
    Last edited by flushingjet; 11-27-2006 at 12:36 AM.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck in Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    2,412
    I was rooting for the Giants since many of my buds are Giant fans. No joy here in their collapse today. Can't wait to see what the paper says this morning. I imagine they'll have a field day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us