Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Nights Game Question???

Thursday Nights Game Question???

Is this game not on regular TV?

If not this sucks and f the NFL Network.

This is an outrage if they start doing this crap...

Hall Of Fame
    I think ESPN has it on at 8 PM. I can't imagine it not being on national TV.

Rookie
    Its on NFL Network

Wow I can't believe that. How many people even have the NFL network? How much is it? Can you get with Time Warner Cable?

Practice Squad
    My parents' cable company is very small and only supply cable to a few small towns, and They have the NFL network, but my cable company which is a little bigger Doesn't have it. Which does indeed suck.

All Pro
    you have to listen to bryant gumbel wich is like chinese water torture...he is by far the worst play by play man in sports

Cannot get it through Time Warner. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!

Time Warner Cable wants to carry the NFL Network on our cable systems and be fair to all of our customers – those who are football fans and those who are not. Therefore:
    The price must be fair for the value of the NFL Network
    The NFL Network is demanding to be paid $137 million for 8 games.
    The NFL Network wants all Time Warner Cable customers to pay a price that is greater than some of the most popular cable networks.
    The NFL Network is not one of the top 25 cable networks, according to independent cable ratings systems.
    We would like to include the NFL Network in a sports package, along with NBA-TV, Tennis Channel, CSTV (College Sports Television), the Fox Sports digital networks, Fuel, the Outdoor Channel and other specialty sports programming networks.
    This would allow all of our customers to get the NFL Network if they wanted to without requiring all customers to pay for this expensive programming. We think that is fair for sports fans and for those who are not.
    Time Warner Cable offers a digital sports package in most markets.
    Click here to get more details.

The NFL Network is demanding $137 million – that is more than the network’s programming and ratings justify.

The facts are that:
    The NFL Network is insisting on a price that is much higher than we believe is appropriate for the value of the programming.
    The NFL Network is insisting it be included in our basic cable package.
    The NFL Network is broadcasting 8 regular season games, on Thursdays and Saturdays, beginning in late November. These games were offered at no extra charge on traditional networks last year.

The NFL Network is broadcasting 8 regular season games, on Thursdays and Saturdays, beginning in late November. These games were offered at no extra charge on traditional networks last year.

SO REGULAR CABLE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WATCH THESE GAMES...

I wonder if the bars will televise them??

All Pro
    As much as it pains me. I think Time Warner is in the right here. I hate them... but the NFL is asking for way too much. They are also asking the cable companies for a fee beyond the original fee of carrying the network. The NFL is coming off looking very greedy

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If this game was on Sunday, you wouldn't see it anyway.

And if a local team was on - they would show it on broadcast television in the local market - just as they do for ESPN games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    Wow I can't believe that. How many people even have the NFL network? How much is it? Can you get with Time Warner Cable?
    I do.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    I have it. DirecTV gives it to you for free as part of your basic subscription.

Complain to the cable companies, not NFL Network.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    As much as it pains me. I think Time Warner is in the right here. I hate them... but the NFL is asking for way too much. They are also asking the cable companies for a fee beyond the original fee of carrying the network. The NFL is coming off looking very greedy
    Time Warner, Cablevision and any other cable tv company that does not carry the NFL network is NOT right here. How many other channels are subscribers "forced" to pay for? Maybe I don't want Oxygen, Disney or HSN but yet I am still forced to pay for it. The cable companies want to include it in a higher tier package so they can coerce people into paying for an expensive sports package. The NFL's proposal would cost an additional 70 cents per subscriber - whoopeee. DirectTV carries it as part of their basic package and I don't hear any complaints from those subscribers - even the ones who don't watch it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN
    Cannot get it through Time Warner. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!

Time Warner Cable wants to carry the NFL Network on our cable systems and be fair to all of our customers – those who are football fans and those who are not. Therefore:
    The price must be fair for the value of the NFL Network
    The NFL Network is demanding to be paid $137 million for 8 games.
    The NFL Network wants all Time Warner Cable customers to pay a price that is greater than some of the most popular cable networks.
    The NFL Network is not one of the top 25 cable networks, according to independent cable ratings systems.
    We would like to include the NFL Network in a sports package, along with NBA-TV, Tennis Channel, CSTV (College Sports Television), the Fox Sports digital networks, Fuel, the Outdoor Channel and other specialty sports programming networks.
    This would allow all of our customers to get the NFL Network if they wanted to without requiring all customers to pay for this expensive programming. We think that is fair for sports fans and for those who are not.
    Time Warner Cable offers a digital sports package in most markets.
    Click here to get more details.

The NFL Network is demanding $137 million – that is more than the network’s programming and ratings justify.

The facts are that:
    The NFL Network is insisting on a price that is much higher than we believe is appropriate for the value of the programming.
    The NFL Network is insisting it be included in our basic cable package.

Here's the problem. If Time Warner agrees to carry the NFL Network then they are going to put it in Tier 2 sports package and you'll need to pay $10 or something per month to see it. THAT is B.S. It should be carried like ESPN on basic cable/satellite packages.

Here's the other thing. You wouldn't see these out of market games if they were on Sunday anyway unless you had NFL Sunday Ticket.

Hall Of Fame
    NFL Network is the best channel on TV, it is like crack for NFL addicts.

Veteran
    The only drawback is that you have to listen to one of the biggest a$$holes on eath call the games...Bryant Gumbel is as close to un-listenable as it gets.

other than that, NFL Network is awesome.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Two words - Supply and Demand.

Fans are demanding it and Time Warner is not, to this point, supplying it. Just one more reason to switch to DirecTV in my opinion.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i have to say the cable companies are to blame they did it with yes network and they did it with sny network. a true football fan already has the football package from dtv and dtv has had the nfl network form inception. start calling customer service at the cable companies and complain then you will get the games.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    Two words - Supply and Demand.

Fans are demanding it and Time Warner is not, to this point, supplying it. Just one more reason to switch to DirecTV in my opinion.
    Actually, according to this article, fans are not demanding it. Which is why the NFL Network is losing leverage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/28/sp...=1&oref=slogin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CT. JETS FAN
    Actually, according to this article, fans are not demanding it. Which is why the NFL Network is losing leverage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/28/sp...=1&oref=slogin

fans are not demanding it because they only get 1 game a week and if it is not you'r team then who cares...THE JETS ARE NEVER ON IT SO IT DOESNT MATTER.follow it online if you care that much