Thread: OT: Ebay Selling Help (Video Game Bundle)

Banned

Question OT: Ebay Selling Help (Video Game Bundle)

I'm looking to sell all of my video game consoles (ps2-with online software, gamecube, dreamcast, and n64 with all games)..i've never sold on ebay before so i have some questions..

I see that people are buying ps2 for over 100 dollars on ebay for just ps2 straight up with no accessoreries..i have games, online, memory cards, controllers, etc..that i'm going to sell with it..would it be better to sell each system individually or should i put them all in one big bundle?

Also, what do you think i should start the auction at?

Would it be smarter to sell it closer to Christmas?

Thanks!
    -VT
    Last edited by vilmatime51; 11-30-2006 at 09:34 PM.

All Pro
    i just had a sports game bundle Madden 04, 05 & 06. NFL2k2 & NFL2k6, MLB 04 MLB06 NHL 04 for 13.99 and not one bid

Veteran
    sports games go for nothing on ebay because who wants a out of date sports game. I would sell each console individually because if you put them all together i think you'd prolly get less. A ps2 with games and all that jazz, prolly round 240-250 but who knows. It depends on the demand really. You might get lucky and have someone lookin at it who really wants it. My friend looks at game lots all day. Most are about 5 dollars a game or so. If i was you i'd jack up the price but im greedy so who knows. I didnt really say much here, but whatever

Hall Of Fame
    I'd sell each console with accessories individually. You will get more money that way. If you just want to get rid of them old consoles, start them at $.99 and let them bid away. (I wouldn't do it with the Playstation 2.) If you sell the console and games individually, the games may sell and you may be stuck with the console. It only takes two bidders who like your auction to drive the price up. Sunday and Monday nights seem like the best nights to have auctions end. I would put them on sometime next week. You don't want to get stuck at the post office a week before Christmas. Just my opinion!!

Banned
    Thanks for the help everybody! i'm think i'm gonna go with what NFLNYJETS is saying and sell each console seperatly..lets see how it works out..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by vilmatime51
    Thanks for the help everybody! i'm think i'm gonna go with what NFLNYJETS is saying and sell each console seperatly..lets see how it works out..
    Hey vilmatime... how much for the gamecube for a fellow Jets fan ??

PM with a price or send me a link to your auction please.

P.S. sent you a PM too.

Thanks in advance.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    I'd sell each console with accessories individually. You will get more money that way. If you just want to get rid of them old consoles, start them at $.99 and let them bid away. (I wouldn't do it with the Playstation 2.) If you sell the console and games individually, the games may sell and you may be stuck with the console. It only takes two bidders who like your auction to drive the price up. Sunday and Monday nights seem like the best nights to have auctions end. I would put them on sometime next week. You don't want to get stuck at the post office a week before Christmas. Just my opinion!!
    That's exactly what I would've suggested. Do a PS2 bundle, GC bundle, N64 bundle, etc... by adding games into the mix, even if they are older titles, adds a perceived value to the auction as well, selling the games individually, especially sports titles, prolly wont work.

Plus with bundles its lets boxes for your to trundle off to the post office...and thats always fun near the holidays! Good luck...

Banned
    some more questions..

what is the "Domestic Cost" and what should i set it at?

does anyone know how much more money a 10 day auction costs compared to a 7 day auction?

i'm starting my auction for ps2 with 16 games for 90 dollars..is that to much?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Domestic cost? never heard of that...

90 sounds decent...any controllers and accessories with that?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Not sure of the cost on a 10 day auction, but trust me, just do a 7-day...on a 10day people have a tendency to lose interest...end it sooner in case its a xmas gift for someone...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked
    Domestic cost? never heard of that...

90 sounds decent...any controllers and accessories with that?
    yea i'm selling it with 16 games, 2 wireless controllers, ps2 online software, ps2 online ethernet cables, network adapter installed, memory card..i ended up starting the auction at 50 dollars but put a minimum selling price on it of $150 so i have the right not to sell it if it doesnt make the 150 mark..

Just a little info on ebay world. I have been selling for some time. Youth football jerseys to be exact. I am also a power seller so I have a decent reputation.
    Your reserve price of 150 will deter people from bidding on your item. For some reason or another people just dont like reserves. If I were you I would have just started it closer to the price you were looking to get and hope that one person put a bid on it and bought it. Starting you item low is a good idea if you are selling tons of stuff and your items get tons of hits.
    Ten days listings I believe are an extra .30 I never use them because as someone stated before people really do lose interest.
    Well good luck!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceMehl
    Just a little info on ebay world. I have been selling for some time. Youth football jerseys to be exact.
    I was going to PM you, but it doesn't llok like you have that option enabled. Are these youth NFL football jerseys you are referring to ??

If this is the case... do you have any current jets players in youth large and how much would they be?? Please let me know via PM. Thanks in advance.

Hall Of Fame
    I would bundle everything together and start with a price near what would be your lowest acceptable dollar amount. Individually you pay for each auction and it's more hassle.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by djaparz
    i just had a sports game bundle Madden 04, 05 & 06. NFL2k2 & NFL2k6, MLB 04 MLB06 NHL 04 for 13.99 and not one bid

if anypone is interested $2.00 each plus shipping