Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Jets fans NOT born and raised in NY?

Any Jets fans NOT born and raised in NY?

I've often wondered how everyone here became a Jets fan. I was born and raised in NY, following the Jets with my dad. Let's be honest, the Jets are not a sexy team for out-of-towners to adopt. I recently moved to Denver, but spent the last 22 years in Tampa, where 90% of the people I met were not Tampa natives, but after their super bowl win, 100% were Buc fans. I used to argue with a Tampa sports radio host who insisted that you should root for the team where you reside, regardless of past affiliations. Using that logic, when I moved to Ft. lauderdale after graduating college, I was supposed to become a dolphin fan?

Now in Denver, everybody I meet is trying to convert me to a Bronco fan, and they can't understand why it won't happen. Who here used to be a fan of another team but adopted the Jets because you now live in NY? And how many former NYers live in another football market and have adopted a "second favorite team"?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by theVinman
    I've often wondered how everyone here became a Jets fan. I was born and raised in NY, following the Jets with my dad. Let's be honest, the Jets are not a sexy team for out-of-towners to adopt. I recently moved to Denver, but spent the last 22 years in Tampa, where 90% of the people I met were not Tampa natives, but after their super bowl win, 100% were Buc fans. I used to argue with a Tampa sports radio host who insisted that you should root for the team where you reside, regardless of past affiliations. Using that logic, when I moved to Ft. lauderdale after graduating college, I was supposed to become a dolphin fan?

Now in Denver, everybody I meet is trying to convert me to a Bronco fan, and they can't understand why it won't happen. Who here used to be a fan of another team but adopted the Jets because you now live in NY? And how many former NYers live in another football market and have adopted a "second favorite team"?
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS 4 LIFE!

Hall Of Fame
    Any Jets fans born after 1976 that AREN'T from NJ?

All League
    I like a flag prostitutes.

All League
    I'm 18 and live in Wilton, CT....my whole family loves the Jets, uncle had season tickets so I went to a bunch of games when I was younger and have loved them my whole life.....would never think of rooting for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleasetheAnimal
    I'm 18 and live in Wilton, CT....my whole family loves the Jets, uncle had season tickets so I went to a bunch of games when I was younger and have loved them my whole life.....would never think of rooting for another team.
    That's what I'm saying. The media wants everyone to adopt the Saints as your 2nd favorite team. I have 31 second favorite teams.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Any Jets fans born after 1976 that AREN'T from NJ?
    I was born in 1981... In miami

I just grew up hating dan marino and don shula. Everyone in my family was a dolphins fan so I decided to be a jets fan. Then when I went to college (in MA) I had season tickets with a friend for 2 of the years. Since 2000 I have been to about 25 home games (3 hour drive each way). Thats my story

Veteran
    Canton, Illinois and a Jet fan since 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by CGJET
    Canton, Illinois and a Jet fan since 1967.
    Never thought about turning to the dark side and rooting for the bears?

All League
    grew up in cleveland, florida, virginia, and north dakota..and i've never been to new york city..i just started to like the jets in 7 th grade(long time ago) and have stuck with them ever since i now live in southeast ohio...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by theVinman
    Never thought about turning to the dark side and rooting for the bears?
    Never, before I came to my senses I liked Bart Starr and the Packers but Joe Willie changed all that.

Hall Of Fame
    I have never been to New York but I have been a Jets fan most of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. I sometimes ask myself why.

All League
    22 years old, born and raised in eastern Iowa. Been a Jets fan as long as I can remember.

Undrafted Free Agent
    My uncle is from Queens lived in Long Island for 30 years. Used to make the drive from DC a ton with my parents when I was 4. I was 4, knew of football/hockey/baseball but I was 4. My cousin was 12 at the time, big Jets/Isles/Yankees fan. He had Jet posters everywhere so I wanted to become a Jet/Isles/Yankees fan. My 1st Jet game I watched I was 4 it was against the AFC Seahawks in 1981. I believe we won 17-10, could be wrong about score though

Jets fan from Canada

29. I have been a Jets fan since the Neil O'Donnell days. Being from Canada I started watching more NFL since the CFL just doesn't cut it. It quickly evolved into an obsession and I have been a die hard ever since. Don't miss one snap, even preseason. I watch, or listen online, to the whole draft. Know every player, their position, their number, where they went to college, etc. Never seen a game though. I want to drive to Minneapolis to watch them beat the Vikes later this month but all Ebay tix only ship to the U.S. Can anyone point me in a different direction to get around this?

All League
    born and raised in newtown, ct

Veteran
    Omaha Nebraska here. I've been a fan since I was old enough to know what football is. Thanks to my mother, a child of the 60's and mega Joe Namath fan, I became a Jets fan. Though I was teased and tormented through school, I never strayed!

I was born, raised and still live in Texas. My daddy taught me to hate the Cowboys so I was an Oiler fan. When Budd Adams moved them to Tennessee I switched my allegiance to the Jets -- was a big Namath fan as a kid. By the time the Texans came along I was to far gone on the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I'm from Orange County, California. Been a Jet fan since Klecko and Gastineau, became a fanatic when Al Toon came along. It's a long ways accross the country, but I try to go to a few games every year.

All League
    I live 45 min North East of Fresno Ca.
    I was raised In LA.......I was a big Rams fan.
    When they moved to Anaheim.
    I switch my loyalty to the NY Jets.
    And have never waiverd since.
    Last edited by redisnI steJ; 11-30-2006 at 10:51 PM.