Thread: Brief post game thoughts

Brief post game thoughts

There is no need to really even break down this game. This was quite simply the most complete performance by the Jets in a long long time. Probably since the Miami game in 2004. The Jets did what good teams do. They went into a hostile environment and snatched the game away from the home team in a matter of minutes. The offense was perfect. The defense was perfect. Special teams was fine. Forget the few miscues in the second half. The Jets turned their attention towards Buffalo after the half and lost focus. It means nothing. Coach Mangini and his staff should all get gameballs today, because when a team comes out and fires on all cylinders like that its on the coaching and preparation.

If Seattle and Miami can both pull off wins today the Jets will be in a position to control their own destiny and if the Jets can continue to keep the focus they had today they will be in the playoffs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... take a breath my good man ...

... they were not perfect ...

... it was difficult to find something to complain about at half-time though ...

... the team has been impressive over the last month or so ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    If Seattle and Miami can both pull off wins today the Jets will be in a position to control their own destiny and if the Jets can continue to keep the focus they had today they will be in the playoffs.
    I'm still hoping for the division, obviously, but in terms of the wild card race, I don't think we need to worry about Jacksonville too much.

We are going 10-6 at worst, even though we should be capable of winning every game the rest of the way finishing 11-5.

Jacksonville has:

@ Miami (5-6 ; 4 straight wins)
    Indianapolis (10-2)
    @ Tennessee (5-7 ; just beat the Giants and Colts in back to back games)
    New England (9-3)
    @ Kansas City (7-5 ; inconsistent, but 5-1 at home)

That is an insanely tough schedule and Jacksonville is the most inconsistent team I've seen in a while. IMO, Jacksonville wins 2 of those 5 games and finishes 8-8. Not even close to the wild card.

We're in a position where if we go 10-6, I think we'll be in..still have to worry about KC, Denver, Cincy..but they all have losses coming up in the next few weeks. Our schedule is really going to help us, and we'll be in the playoffs this year - no worries.

Veteran
    I didn't care so much about the 1st pick. The 2nd pick was definitely an "imperfection"... Although I guess he was hit as he threw it... But at that point in the game, perfect game management would have had Chad just taking a sack.

I'd say that was the only real blemish on an otherwise practically perfect game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules
    ... take a breath my good man ...

... they were not perfect ...

... it was difficult to find something to complain about at half-time though ...

... the team has been impressive over the last month or so ...

l_j_r
    First half was 99% perfect. The 3rd n 1 call that missed and resulted in a FG, you can say was the missing 1% for teh 1st half.
    Second half, perfect enough....75% perfect maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    There is no need to really even break down this game. This was quite simply the most complete performance by the Jets in a long long time. Probably since the Miami game in 2004. The Jets did what good teams do. They went into a hostile environment and snatched the game away from the home team in a matter of minutes. The offense was perfect. The defense was perfect. Special teams was fine. Forget the few miscues in the second half. The Jets turned their attention towards Buffalo after the half and lost focus. It means nothing. Coach Mangini and his staff should all get gameballs today, because when a team comes out and fires on all cylinders like that its on the coaching and preparation.

good observation