Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Patriots are a very average football team

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Patriots are a very average football team

They are okay and have a decent QB to carry them when needed but without Kitna imploding NE loses yet another game on their home field today. I'm not impressed. Some bad losses this year including one at home to "not a very good football team" coached by a rookie HC.....I mean seriously, the Pats are probably a little bit better than middle of the road in the AFC. Just another ball club!

Hall Of Fame
    Very average teams don't go 9-3

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    They are okay and have a decent QB to carry them when needed but without Kitna imploding NE loses yet another game on their home field today. I'm not impressed. Some bad losses this year including one at home to "not a very good football team" coached by a rookie HC.....I mean seriously, the Pats are probably a little bit better than middle of the road in the AFC. Just another ball club!
    Like the Jets, the Pats have a superb coaching staff which often makes the difference between winning and losing when the difference in talent is not so great.

One characteristic of well coached teams is they improve as the season goes by. This has always been chracteristic of Belichick teams and is clearly the case with the Jets this season. In contrast this has not been the rule with Herm Edwards coached teams.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... ...

chill brother

l_j_r

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Like the Jets, the Pats have a superb coaching staff which often makes the difference between winning and losing when the difference in talent is not so great.

One characteristic of well coached teams is they improve as the season goes by. This has always been chracteristic of Belichick teams and is clearly the case with the Jets this season. In contrast this has not been the rule with Herm Edwards coached teams.
    Agreed. So are the Jets better coached than the Patriots?

All Pro

Average after 12 games = 6-6 The Patriots are 9-3

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    Average after 12 games = 6-6 The Patriots are 9-3
    Good so the Jets are above average. Thanks friend.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i totally agree...this is a team who has lost/come very close to losing a hand full of so-called easy games. now i know that many of these games wound up being won but if this team gets into the postseason theyre gonna have a lot of trouble playing some good teams the way theyve been playing recently

All League
    Agreed. So are the Jets better coached than the Patriots?
    Still too early to say, but nobody can deny that Mangini has done an amazing job with the Jets this year. I don't think anyone, Belichick included, could have done a better job with the Jets than Mangini has this year.

Give Mangini two full seasons to put his stamp on the Jets and get the players he wants to fit his system and we can make a fair evaluation of how good a coach he can be. But the indications so far are that he will win us a Super Bowl within a few seasons.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Good so the Jets are above average. Thanks friend.

Above average does not mean you make the playoffs.

All League
    It's true that the Pats have played sub par for most of the year, but then again they are still 9-3. Imagine when they are totally clicking?

Pats are a hard team to figure out. They are a mediocre home team. Dominant road team. Maybe all these new faces dont adjust well to the northeast, because as soon as they leave Foxboro they dismantle teams. I dont think anyone is going to look at them as the favorites in the AFC though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Above average does not mean you make the playoffs.
    Everybody thought we'd be 2-10 right now. So ill take it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    It's true that the Pats have played sub par for most of the year, but then again they are still 9-3. Imagine when they are totally clicking?
    OK who let him in here, wheres the ignorant hate brother?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Are you really that stupid?

"Average" teams in the NFL don't go 9-3.

"Average" teams are teams that go 7-5 after 12 games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Pats are a good team, but they're a shell of their former selves.

They don't strike fear into the hearts of opposing teams anymore.

They are a good team that will challenge for the playoffs for the next 3-5 years then will have to rebuild. It's as simple as that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    The Pats are a good team, but they're a shell of their former selves.

They don't strike fear into the hearts of opposing teams anymore.

They are a good team that will challenge for the playoffs for the next 3-5 years then will have to rebuild. It's as simple as that.
    Can I borrow that crystal ball I need to make some bets.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    The Pats are a good team, but not very good.

Still, I'd hate to play them in the playoffs when Beli and Braedy are at their best..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Can I borrow that crystal ball I need to make some bets.
    Here's one thing you should bet on, and that's the fact that the 2nd best QB in the AFC East will be in the hall of fame within the next 20 years. Bank on it.

All Pro
    Wow,

You are such an astute poster and excellent team evaluator!
    This must be so.

TBP