Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so happy :-)

Banned

I'm so happy :-)

What can I say man, I'm just so happy tonite you would have to surgically remove this grin from my face

What an awesome performance by the NY Jets

I expected the Jets to win, but I wasn't sure .. it was more like I hoped the Jets would win and I refused to believe otherwise, but I feared Brett Favre might wreck our season at Lambeau and with bad weather on the radar

I feared Brett Favre would have no trouble throwing bullets through the elements while Chad probably would, and that would be a huge advantage for the Packers who could play two dimensional while the Jets were forced into being a one dimensional team on offense, running the football, a dimension I didn't exactly trust to outduel a Gunslinger like Favre

I also knew our defense has been playing extremely well in recent weeks, a night & day transformation if ever I have seen one, but I feared there might be some backsliding verses Brett Favre and Ahman Green at Lambeau .. I feared that any weaknesses would be thoroughly exploited, that if this transformation on D was a mirage Brett Favre would expose it as such

But low & behold the Jets answered every question today with an exclamation-point as they thoroughly dominated the Packers in every concievable way .. the offense was in a zone {IN A ZONE!!} while the defense was darn near impenetrable .. and even when GB tried to make it interesting in the 3rd Quarter, tried to make us sweat after recovering that onside kick, the defense drove that nail in the coffin with a 3 & Out

But the offense .. THE OFFENSE .. WHOLLY MACKEREL .. that offensive explosion in the first half was unbelievable .. 5 Possessions resulting in FG, TD, TD, TD and TD, in that order .. Wholly Moley!

Chad was like Roy Hobbs out there in the first half, anything he wanted to do he did .. bad weather, WHO CARES, he looked like he was throwing the ball in a dome .. correction, he looked like he was practicing in a dome, playing a nice casual game of pitch & catch with his skill position players, ALL OF THEM, and just allowing them to take turns catching the football

That had to be the best half of football he's ever played in his life, from Pee Wees to the Pros and everywhere in-between .. Brett Favre must have been thinking, yep, that's the way I used to do it when I was at my peak

And then, to make it even sweeter, as if that was sweet enough, soon as the Jets Game ended, by far their most dominant performance in many moons, CBS cuts right to Cleveland for their Game Winning FG verses KC in OT

And since that moment it's been all for me
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-03-2006 at 06:34 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    What can I say man, I'm just so happy tonite you would have to surgically remove this grin from my face

I expected the Jets to win, but I wasn't sure .. it was more like I hoped the Jets would win and I refused to believe otherwise, but deep down inside I feared Brett Favre could wreck our season at Lambeau and with bad weather on the radar

I feared Brett Favre would have no trouble throwing bullets through the elements while Chad probably would, and that would be a huge advantage for the Packers who could play two dimensional while the Jets were forced into being a one dimensional team on offense, running the football, a dimension I didn't exactly trust to outduel a Gunslinger like Brett Favre

I also knew our defense has been playing extremely well in recent weeks, a night & day transformation if ever I have seen one, but I feared there might be some backsliding verses Brett Favre and Ahman Green at Lambeau .. I feared that any weaknesses would be thoroughly exploited, that if this transformation on D was a mirage Brett Favre would expose it as such

But low & behold the Jets answered every question today with an exclamation-point as they thoroughly dominated the Packers in every concievable way .. the offense was in a zone {IN A ZONE!!} while the defense was darn near impenetrable .. and even when GB tried to make it interesting in the 3rd Quarter, tried to make us sweat after recovering that onside kick, the defense drove that nail in the coffin with a 3 & Out

But the offense .. THE OFFENSE .. WHOLLY MACKEREL .. that offensive explosion in the first half was unbelievable .. 5 Possessions resulting in FG, TD, TD, TD and TD, in that order .. Wholly Moley!

Chad was like Roy Hobbs out there in the first half, anything he wanted to do he did .. bad weather, WHO CARES, he looked like he was throwing the ball in a dome .. correction, he looked like he was practicing in a dome, playing a nice casual game of pitch & catch with his skill position players, ALL OF THEM, and just allowing them to take turns catching the football

That had to be the best half of football he's ever played in his life, from Pee Wees to the Pros and everywhere in-between .. heck, Brett Favre must have been thinking, yep, that's the way I used to do it too when I was at my peak

And then, to make it even sweeter, as if that was sweet enough, soon as the Jets Game ended, by far their most dominant performance in many moons, CBS cuts right to Cleveland for their Game Winning FG verses KC in OT

Favre has been a bad QB for about 3 years now not sure why people still fear him.

All Pro

I expected the Jets to win, but I wasn't sure .. it was more like I hoped the Jets would win and I refused to believe otherwise, but I feared Brett Favre might wreck our season at Lambeau and with bad weather on the radar

I feared Brett Favre would have no trouble throwing bullets through the elements while Chad probably would, and that would be a huge advantage for the Packers who could play two dimensional while the Jets were forced into being a one dimensional team on offense, running the football, a dimension I didn't exactly trust to outduel a Gunslinger like Favre

That had to be the best half of football he's ever played in his life, from Pee Wees to the Pros and everywhere in-between .. Brett Favre must have been thinking, yep, that's the way I used to do it when I was at my peak

Yep. I'm with you brother. If I had told you before the season that we we'd be going into week 14 this pumped would you have believed it?

Hall Of Fame
    dancing broccoli is a pretty rare place to be

this is where i'm at:

All League
    How sweet would a Giant collapse be Ham??

too bad the Dolphins laid an egg...I felt dirty rooting for them

JetsInsider.com Legend
    "Everyone loves him, just like everyone on the bus loves you."
    "They don't love him..they fear him." "Theirs a big difference."

Bronx Tale.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader

dancing broccoli is a pretty rare place to be

this is where i'm at:

What time is it?

TIME TO DO THE PENGUIN DANCE!!

All League
    yep, when they cut to Cleveland just in time for us to see the Chiefs go down, it was the perfect Jet fan moment.

Unfortunately, a few moments later I saw that the Pats had come back. Oh well, it's still been a great day so far, and a Broncos loss would top it off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch

yep, when they cut to Cleveland just in time for us to see the Chiefs go down, it was the perfect Jet fan moment.

Unfortunately, a few moments later I saw that the Pats had come back. Oh well, it's still been a great day so far, and a Broncos loss would top it off.
    All I want is one more thing tonite .. I want Jay Cutler to make me look like a fool in his NFL debut

All Pro
    What time is it?

TIME TO DO THE PENGUIN DANCE!!

An entire football game to sit back and watch your team dominate. Never had that peculiar feeling in my belly that usually represents my inability to believe we will win. Sat back and felt it, and it felt good. Beutiful performance.

All Pro

All League
    ham, how about my pm i sent you last week calling for a jet 31-10 victory.........damn leon washington cost me being perfect!!!

All League
    All I want is one more thing tonite .. I want Jay Cutler to make me look like a fool in his NFL debut
    you could be completely, 100% correct on Cutler -- he could be the next Elway -- and he could still stink it up for the rest of this year. I have a feeling he'll be a good one -- but I'd be surprised if it happens on any consistent basis this year. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE

ham, how about my pm i sent you last week calling for a jet 31-10 victory.........damn leon washington cost me being perfect!!!
    That's right, YOU DID call that blowout

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch

you could be completely, 100% correct on Cutler -- he could be the next Elway -- and he could still stink it up for the rest of this year. I have a feeling he'll be a good one -- but I'd be surprised if it happens on any consistent basis this year. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.
    I hear you, brother gomez .. I just want him to stink TONITE

Banned
    FINAL

Dallas 23
    Giants 20

And a GREAT SUNDAY just got even better

All League
    FINAL

Dallas 23
    Giants 20

But Dallas didn't cover.

Hall Of Fame
    One of the best games today and it turned out perfect!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

FINAL

Dallas 23
    Giants 20

gotta love a jetwin/giantloss sunday

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Jets beat another team with a losing record.

Big deal.

How did they do against the Bears and Jags?

Oh yea, they had winning records.