Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a devastating loss for the Giants

Practice Squad

What a devastating loss for the Giants

Last week I kind of got a kick out of them blowing that lead but today I feel for Giants fans. They played well enough to win but Romo was sensational. Wow, and to think they are 6-6 and could miss the playoffs. OUCH

Banned
    That moron Dumbassaxico put more effort and hustle into that stupid penalty..than he has done all year playing

All League
    It's THAT time of the year again:

Undrafted Free Agent
    6-6,but still a wildcard team.Will not win with with this caoching staff.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gman4life
    6-6,but still a wildcard team.Will not win with with this caoching staff.
    I don't know man. This long of a winning streak doesn't do a team good. 7-9/8-8 is a big possibility.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 12-03-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    That moron Dumbassaxico put more effort and hustle into that stupid penalty..than he has done all year playing
    to his credit, he tied the game for them

That was a tremendous game by Romo at the end there. Dallas is playing like the best team in the NFC right now. They and Carolina are the only teams from the NFC playoff squads that have an interconference record above .500 versus AFC teams. You could probably make a case that Dallas is the best team in the NFL at this very moment.

Super rough loss for the Giants. Im not sure where they go from here. NFC is so bad they should still limp into a playoff spot, but Coughlin is probably going to be out of a job. That 4th and 1 decision early in the game is going to come back to haunt him tonight and tomorrow. Awful decision to try it and an even more awful playcall to boot running Jacobs wide rather than right up the gut or calling a QB sneak.

Hall Of Fame
    Coughlin is outta here. His hard-ass style only works for a little while until it goes stale. It happened in Jacksonville, and now it's happening with the GMen!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    That was a tremendous game by Romo at the end there. Dallas is playing like the best team in the NFC right now. They and Carolina are the only teams from the NFC playoff squads that have an interconference record above .500 versus AFC teams. You could probably make a case that Dallas is the best team in the NFL at this very moment.

Super rough loss for the Giants. Im not sure where they go from here. NFC is so bad they should still limp into a playoff spot, but Coughlin is probably going to be out of a job. That 4th and 1 decision early in the game is going to come back to haunt him tonight and tomorrow. Awful decision to try it and an even more awful playcall to boot running Jacobs wide rather than right up the gut or calling a QB sneak.

That was actually the correct call on 4th and 1.5 feet. The fans would have went insane if they kicked it and everyone agreed that was the right call. If u watched the play, Jacobs tried to go up the middle and then took outside cause there was nothing there.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And they looked like street whores in those red jerseys.

laughing and laughing...

Hall Of Fame
    Eli played good enough to win but the Defense din't play well today.

All Pro
    I can hardly wait for Michael Strahan's next interview

Nice to see the Jets as Kings of the Hill in NY for a change. But the NY media will spend twice as much time talking about the Giants' egg-sucking disaster, and whistle by the Jets' thrashing of GB. That's the problem with the coverage. The Jets have to work twice as hard to get their due, especially given their clean and focused organization. The Giants are like an episode of Survivor... just a mess. The media would do them a favor to ignore them.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun

Nice to see the Jets as Kings of the Hill in NY for a change. But the NY media will spend twice as much time talking about the Giants' egg-sucking disaster, and whistle by the Jets' thrashing of GB. That's the problem with the coverage. The Jets have to work twice as hard to get their due, especially given their clean and focused organization. The Giants are like an episode of Survivor... just a mess. The media would do them a favor to ignore them.
    The team in turmoil ALWAYS gets the lionshare of coverage. It's far more fun to talk about. When the HC of the NYJ was a revolving door from Coslet to Carroll to Kotite and then again after Parcells - it was all the sports radio would talk about. Everyone loves a trainwreck. Everyone slows down to rubberneck the accident...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun

Well they'll need a PLAN B now, cause that "US AGAINST THE MEDIA" and "US AGAISNT THE WORLD" scheme didn't fare too well

They better find a new theme song too, twisted sister {We're not gonna take it} didn't fare too well either

All Pro
    I love it! hate the giants

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet
    I love it! hate the giants

WORD!

TMahoney
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL NYJETS
    Coughlin is outta here. His hard-ass style only works for a little while until it goes stale. It happened in Jacksonville, and now it's happening with the GMen!
    I don't understand that style of coaching.

All he does is preach discipline.

All his team does is commit stupid mistakes.

What the hell is going on?

Coughlin needs to go.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetnut
    That was actually the correct call on 4th and 1.5 feet. The fans would have went insane if they kicked it and everyone agreed that was the right call. If u watched the play, Jacobs tried to go up the middle and then took outside cause there was nothing there.
    That was absolutely the wrong call. In a game of this magnitude, that early in the game, against a defense like Dallas, you MUST come away with points anytime you have an opportunity to do so, because they are going to be hard to come by. I knew it would come back to bite them in the ass and wasn't shocked when they lost by that very same margin (3 points).

tixsince72
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    WORD!

Yea and just a couple of weeks ago( at 6-2) Giant fans,media ,and the team were counting on home field advantage.What a F$$^&*ing joke. I think they all forgot the season is not 8 weeks,and you have to earn all your wins. Bye Bye

Go Jets

Hall Of Fame
    I like to poke fun at the Giants as much as the next guy but as of right now the Giants are in the playoffs and we aren't