Thread: Romo's a Joke

Veteran

Romo's a Joke

Alright, maybe not a joke, but he won't be performing on this level forever. This situation with him is eerily similar to the Vinny-Chad. Chad took over for a struggling veteran and lit it up. The next year, teams got some tape on him and learned his tendencies. They realized that while Chad was extremely accurate, he couldn't beat them with his arm, and they game planned as such (not saying Romo doesn't have a strong arm, just stating that opposing teams learned his tendencies). Low and behold, a few years later, Chad is a adequate, maybe even an above-average quarterback, but he isn't a Manning (referring to Peyton, Eli sucks), and I'm afraid he will never be. That being said, he's a great game manager, and that's what I'm envisioning with Romo.
    Last edited by zatchery; 12-03-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zatchery
    Alright, maybe not a joke, but he won't be performing on this level forever. This situation with him is eerily similar to the Testaverde-Pennington situation in 2002. Chad took over for a struggling veteran and lit it up. The next year, teams got some tape on him and learned his tendencies. They realized that while Chad was extremely accurate, he couldn't beat them with his arm, and they game planned as such (not saying Romo doesn't have a strong arm, just stating that opposing teams learned his tendencies). Low and behold, a few years later, Chad is a adequate, maybe even an above-average quarterback, but he isn't a Manning (referring to Peyton, Eli sucks), and I'm afraid he will never be. That being said, he's a great game manager, and that's what I'm envisioning with Romo.
    Hello Romo has a major league arm!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

Veteran
    when he has a full season under his belt but isent playing well thenu can call him a joke

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldplanes
    Hello Romo has a major league arm!!!!!!!!!!!
    So did Browning Nagle.

So did Browning Nagle.

keep dreaming, this kid can play

Nagle never did do squat

All Pro
    he looks GREAT

Veteran
    keep dreaming, this kid can play

Nagle never did do squat
    We all thought Chad could play in 2002, right? Chad and Romo can play, just not at the level you think Romo can.

We all thought Chad could play in 2002, right? Chad and Romo can play, just not at the level you think Romo can.

chad never had an arm

Good Defenses will always give him problems!!!

Veteran
    chad never had an arm

Good Defenses will always give him problems!!!
    That may be, but I don't think that Romo will be significantly better than Chad at any point in his career.

All Pro
    Alright, maybe not a joke, but he won't be performing on this level forever. This situation with him is eerily similar to the Vinny-Chad. Chad took over for a struggling veteran and lit it up. The next year, teams got some tape on him and learned his tendencies. They realized that while Chad was extremely accurate, he couldn't beat them with his arm, and they game planned as such (not saying Romo doesn't have a strong arm, just stating that opposing teams learned his tendencies). Low and behold, a few years later, Chad is a adequate, maybe even an above-average quarterback, but he isn't a Manning (referring to Peyton, Eli sucks), and I'm afraid he will never be. That being said, he's a great game manager, and that's what I'm envisioning with Romo.
    Romo has a strong arm, is a mobile QB, and has generally not made mistakes. You must be a Giants fan. And I think if there is any joke, it's on you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun
    Romo has a strong arm, is a mobile QB, and has generally not made mistakes. You must be a Giants fan. And I think if there is any joke, it's on you.
    No, I am definitely not a Giants fan?

BTW, how did Chad look in 2002? A Joe Montana-type, correct?

Veteran
    The guy who started this thread is an idiot; Romo is one of the leagues best young qbs. That pass to Witten between two defenders that lead to the game winning field goal, was a thing of beauty. It was a pass we can only Dream about Chad ever making.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    The guy who started this thread is an idiot; Romo is one of the leagues best young qbs. That pass to Witten between two defenders that lead to the game winning field goal, was a thing of beauty. It was a pass we can only Dream about Chad ever making.
    Goddamnit, the point I'm trying to make is that any QB can look good in 6 games. Chad was "one of the leagues best young qbs." It was ONE damn throw. People need to stop making him out to be a messiah.

All Pro

If they start calling him gay then he is very good.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC
    If they start calling him gay then he is very good.
    Yeah, but he's dating Jessica Simpson, so he's predestined to suck.

All Pro

Yea its early

Goddamnit, the point I'm trying to make is that any QB can look good in 6 games. Chad was "one of the leagues best young qbs." It was ONE damn throw. People need to stop making him out to be a messiah.

But that pass to Witten, was beyond a big time pass. Big spot, big yardage, perfect ball.....yea its early for him, but that was a pass that deserves credit. The guy wins games....