Thread: McCareins really should Go

Undrafted Free Agent

McCareins really should Go

I didnt see that this was discussed, so I will bring it up. Is it as obvious to everyone else as it is to me, why McCareins lost him job to Cotchery? I think that he has allowed three of Pennington's interceptions this year. In comparison to Cotchery and Coles, who fight defenders for the ball on every play, McCareins will only make the catch if the ball is thrown perfectly into his hands with no duress. I have always supported this guy, but after today, I give up on him. What a flamin' P*ssy. He never attacks the ball and as a result if the defender does, it winds up as an interception. We need to find another hungry, tough, hard-nosed receiver and get rid of that pansy-assed accident waiting to happen.

Rookie
    I wouldn't say he's a p*ssy... he's just too passive.
    He's a very laid-back guy, and unfortunately, he stays that way on the field.
    He doesn't have a competitive fire.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Jet
    I didnt see that this was discussed, so I will bring it up. Is it as obvious to everyone else as it is to me, why McCareins lost him job to Cotchery? I think that he has allowed three of Pennington's interceptions this year. In comparison to Cotchery and Coles, who fight defenders for the ball on every play, McCareins will only make the catch if the ball is thrown perfectly into his hands with no duress. I have always supported this guy, but after today, I give up on him. What a flamin' P*ssy. He never attacks the ball and as a result if the defender does, it winds up as an interception. We need to find another hungry, tough, hard-nosed receiver and get rid of that pansy-assed accident waiting to happen.
    We have one: Brad Smith

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Jet
    go, go, go

Veteran
    look I'm not going to pick on any jets player at this point. I feel that Justin is still an asset to this team and that Mangini knows that. Don't bash a player when we win 38-10 ok. That is just lame! He is a solid player and he got open a few times today and did make some key plays. Support him will ya!! JETS jets jets jets!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He was here for year one of the coming Mangini Dynasty..He won't be here for year 2..Count on it!! Brad Smith will emerge!!

All Pro
    I'm glad somebody threaded this topic. I was thinking the same thing.

I like J-Mac as a 3rd or 4th reciever and I wouldn't call him a *****cat. But he DOES NOT have those intangibles to make things happen. If he's open he catches the ball but he doesn't make something out of nothing. He lacks that football IQ of a Vilma or a Cotchery. His physicals are fine and dandy but he's a bit emasculated between the lines.

It just seems like bad things often happen when the ball goes his way and he doesn't have a 5 yard cushion from the nearest defender.

Practice Squad
    in all honesty he had his man beat and if pennington had put that ball ahead of him it was a touchdown..it really wasn't his fault I think you need to give the guy a break he has made some nice plays and is a great #3 or #4 reciever

Undrafted Free Agent
    I feel that Justin is still an asset to this team and that Mangini knows that. Don't bash a player when we win 38-10 ok. That is just lame! He is a solid player and he got open a few times today and did make some key plays. Support him will ya!! JETS jets jets jets!!!!!
    If his pansy tactics didnt cost us 2 interceptions today, I might have forgiven him again. But his gaffes resulted in points. He doesnt even make strong attempts to break up the interceptions. We really need stronger efforts for us to continue to succeed. The loss of Dwight may come back to hurt us. A receiver 6'2",215 lbs shouldnt have less heart than someone 5'8" 185 lbs

I'm glad somebody threaded this topic. I was thinking the same thing.

I like J-Mac as a 3rd or 4th reciever and I wouldn't call him a *****cat. But he DOES NOT have those intangibles to make things happen. If he's open he catches the ball but he doesn't make something out of nothing. He lacks that football IQ of a Vilma or a Cotchery. His physicals are fine and dandy but he's a bit emasculated between the lines.

It just seems like bad things often happen when the ball goes his way and he doesn't have a 5 yard cushion from the nearest defender.
    Remember, who we are. How many times did you see pass interference in this game that wasnt called. My point is we will get no breaks unless we make them. Although we have a decent OL, we still need consistent help from tight ends and running backs to keep Pennington upright while he is trying to find that open receiver. Therefore we only need receivers who will kill for that ball. McCareins is not that guy. You are so right about that 5 yard cushion rule with this guy. Coles and Cotchery would each have 10 touchdowns if they could get that much room. We ARE never gonna have that luxury. Maybe it is time to see just what B. Smith really has.

Veteran
    I feel the same way. He doesn't fight for the ball at all. He reminds me of Kellen Winslow.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tooljet
    We have one: Brad Smith

Hall Of Fame
    He's probably the VERY first guy to go this offseason. The team will trade/cut/release him somehow. His play is nothing more than an audition for other teams.

He had a great 1st season in NY. Ever since he has been the achilles heal of the entire WR group.........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet
    He's probably the VERY first guy to go this offseason. The team will trade/cut/release him somehow. His play is nothing more than an audition for other teams.

He had a great 1st season in NY. Ever since he has been the achilles heal of the entire WR group.........
    I think you're right if you take his contract into consideration. He's getting paid isn't he? He's a nice #3 or #4 but his compensation is far exceeding his contributions.