Thread: ramsey?

All League

ramsey?

Great game today. I only question one thing. How come ramsey didnt play late in the game today. With the game pretty much over I expected to see him at some point.

Why risk injury to your qb especially when you know pennington has a history.

Also would have been nice to get Ramsey some PT just in case.

Rookie
    But Fantasy owners of Pennington would have been pissed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31
    Great game today. I only question one thing. How come ramsey didnt play late in the game today. With the game pretty much over I expected to see him at some point.

I noticed that too. Mangini didn't pull anybody late in the game. Eric Smith was in there more at the end but I don't know if that was the original plan or due to the blowout.

All Pro

Good post. I too kept waiting for either back up to come in. Man can you imagine if Chad had gotten injured at the end. The media would have crucified Mangini.

Hall Of Fame

Explain why Favre was playing the whole game? And WHY did the packers call timeout with 10 seconds left? Talk about stupid!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart
    Explain why Favre was playing the whole game? And WHY did the packers call timeout with 10 seconds left? Talk about stupid!!
    Who is the Packers backup Qb now that Rogers is out? Craig Nall?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Ingle Martin out of Furman, strongest arm of the 06 draft. Nall is a Bill I believe.

All Pro
    No, Nall signed with Buffalo in the offseason. I think the backup is someone who was just recently signed....I wanna say Todd Bouman, but I could be mistaken.

After the first half that was the time to see what Clemens had. Why risk Pennington and with that lead it would have been a perfect time for Clemens audition...

Makes no sense..

Hall Of Fame
    Who cares. Why are you playing your franchise QB down by 4 TD's with a few minutes to go.....Put the ballboy in at QB.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN
    After the first half that was the time to see what Clemens had. Why risk Pennington and with that lead it would have been a perfect time for Clemens audition...

Makes no sense..
    Maybe in the fourth quarter whne there simply wouldn not have been enough time for the Packers to come back. But Ramsey does not protect the ball as well as Chad and the only way we were going to blow that lead was by turning it over. (Of course, Chad turned ended up turning it over twice, but hindsight is 20/20.)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    No, Nall signed with Buffalo in the offseason. I think the backup is someone who was just recently signed....I wanna say Todd Bouman, but I could be mistaken.
    The commentators mentioned Bouman, so I guess it must be him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops
    Ingle Martin was originally listed as 3rd on their depth chart behind Rodgers.
    But you are correct, When Rodgers was placed on IR They signed Todd Bouman and Martin is still their #3.

All League
    Good point about Ramsey. It did look like, as mentioned, Eric Smith got some extra snaps, as did Justin Miller. Also noticed that McCareins got more snaps than usual, though that may be by design.

Not only was I upset that Chad was still in there with under 5:00 to play and a 28-point lead, but when they went back on defense, Vilma and Barton were playing - every snap a guy plays could result in a serious injury.

That time out with 10 seconds was ridiculous. It seems like all McCarthy and Favre care about is catching up to Marino's TD pass record.

I remember when we were blowing out Miami on Monday night in 2004, Herm put Quincy Carter in to mop up for Chad. I don't understand why NFL coached don't do this more often.

All Pro
    Good point about Ramsey. It did look like, as mentioned, Eric Smith got some extra snaps, as did Justin Miller. Also noticed that McCareins got more snaps than usual, though that may be by design.
    McCareins was probably playing more because of Dwight's injury.

All League
    Would have liked to see Chad out of there by the last drive.
    And I am disappointed Favre was in there at the end, I respect the guy a lot and would have hated to see him get hurt by one of our guys on the last drive when there was no reason for him to be in there. If that had happened, the Jets would have incurred the wrath of the entire NFL media.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by LEVYMAN

Makes no sense..
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense!! If you bring in your 3rd QB before the 4th quarter, your other two QB (Ramsey and Pennington) are ineligible for the rest of the game!! By your logic, we would limit ourselves to Clemens and Smith for the rset of the game.