Thread: Dolphins losing could be a good thing

Banned

Dolphins losing could be a good thing

They are pretty much out of playoff contention (they probably never had a chance)... But now they dont have much to play for, the season is done, and hopefully they will be less motivated when they play the Jets.

The same thing can be said for the Billies.

There is no way that the Jags win out. They are way too inconsitant.

Practice Squad
    Dolphins losing could be a good thing?

Man, how often does that statement get said on Jets message boards? haha

Hall Of Fame
    The Bills worry me more than the Fish. We have been talking about this the past couple of weeks. Hopefully, the new regime can stop the "playoff contention, season on the line" turd games the Jets always seem to lose when they are in the playoff hunt. I'm glad it's a home game but with it being a divisional game just makes it a little tougher!!

No its not, lets not kid ourselves. We would own the tiebreaker with the fins anyway. You just like to see them miserable Me too

All League
    Fins hate us. Nothing would make them happier than knocking us out of the playoffs besides them making it. Although Joey Football Harrington he's already making his Vacation plans for the winter plus he's good for an INT TD

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    No its not, lets not kid ourselves. We would own the tiebreaker with the fins anyway. You just like to see them miserable Me too
    ANYTIME the Dolphins lose, it's a good thing. I don't care about the possible implications. A Dolphins loss makes me

Rookie
    If Harrington does a fake spike against us We will lose.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

1. Miami Losing is always a good thing
    2. Divisional rivals always play hard no matter what the standings are.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    1. Miami Losing is always a good thing
    2. Divisional rivals always play hard no matter what the standings are.

Why is "Miami Losing always a good thing"
    If "Divisional rivals always play hard no matter what the standings are."

Your two statements, when taken together, defy logic.
    Given That:
    1) A Jaguar loss would have been a good thing
    2) A Miami loss would hurt them in the standings
    3) Miami is a Division Rival
    4) Miami will be our opponent in an upcoming game
    5) It is not a good thing to play an opponent that "plays hard"

Then:
    1) Miami will play hard no matter what
    2) Therefore a Miami win against the Jags would only be a "good thing" for the Jets

Undrafted Free Agent
    i disagree Miami has only played well the past 2 years when the games have nothing on the line for them. when the play a game that has some meaning the do the el foldo. ditto for the bills. so i would rather play both when the games mean something to them and the have some pressure especially with those 2 qbs. they cant handle the pressure

All League
    Everyone left on the Jets schedule lost yesterday, and I think that IS a good thing (even though it meant a Jags victory).

We are better off going up against teams that are out of the race than we are going up against teams that are still playing for a playoff spot. We're also better off going up against teams that are not on winning streaks.

Sure, the Dolphins and Bills will still want to play spoiler, but I'd rather play a team that just lost than a team that is winnning, gaining confidence, and still in the playoff race.

And, finally, the Jags schedule is very tough, so despite their victory over the Dolphins, I think they'll lose a couple over the next four weeks (at least that's what I'm hoping).