Thread: WEEK 13...The Tale of 3 Quarterbacks

All League

WEEK 13...The Tale of 3 Quarterbacks

One with a QB Rating of 107.4. The second with a QB Rating of 88.3. And a third with a QB Rating of 1.3. (That's no typo. One point three)

If you guessed the first you are correct. Eli Manning lost his game with a Quarterback Rating of 107.4

Chad Penningtons rating of 88.3 belies the shellacking the Jets administered to the Packers.

Oh and the third stiff is Rex Grossman who actually won his game through the strength of his defense. Lovie Smith can act like a principled fool and say he is sticking with Grossman but one thing is for sure. If the Bears start Rex in the Playoffs it will be one and done for them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastMole
    One with a QB Rating of 107.4. The second with a QB Rating of 88.3. And a third with a QB Rating of 1.3. (That's no typo. One point three)

If you guessed the first you are correct. Eli Manning lost his game with a Quarterback Rating of 107.4

Chad Penningtons rating of 88.3 belies the shellacking the Jets administered to the Packers.

Oh and the third stiff is Rex Grossman who actually won his game through the strength of his defense. Lovie Smith can act like a principled fool and say he is sticking with Grossman but one thing is for sure. If the Bears start Rex in the Playoffs it will be one and done for them.
    the bears would be better off taking a knee three times then punting everytime their offense has the ball and just let their defense and special score the points for them. at least they'll elminate the turnovers.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

QB rating is a nifty stat huh?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster

It's for people that like to analyze.

It's not an indicator of good teams or bad, it's not an indicator of wins and loses. It ATTEMPTS to create a perspective to view quarterbacks. How well it accomplishes this goal is up to debate, the question is can YOU think of a better way to do it?

But to add, I agree with the article's purpose. It shows that the bear's overwhelming nature can make up for a complete lack of ability at the Quarter back spot, that you guys can win with a sustainable Qb, and the Giants, if they keep playing like they did, even with eli being at the top of his game, is not going to net a victory.
    Last edited by Fatty_VM; 12-04-2006 at 08:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty_VM
    It's for people that like to analyze.

It's not an indicator of good teams or bad, it's not an indicator of wins and loses. It ATTEMPTS to create a perspective to view quarterbacks. How well it accomplishes this goal is up to debate, the question is can YOU think of a better way to do it?

But to add, I agree with the article's purpose. It shows that the bear's overwhelming nature can make up for a complete lack of ability at the Quarter back spot, that you guys can win with a sustainable Qb, and the Giants, if they keep playing like they did, even with eli being at the top of his game, is not going to net a victory.
    Football outsiders has come up with a bit better of a stat. And I think anyone could make a more realistic stat, the problem is that all the neccesary data doesn't exist historically.

Someone made a great point about Grossman. I cant remember if I heard it on TV or on the radio, but that the Bears need to limit what he does on the field as they get ready for the playoffs. The long plays where he sits in the pocket too long and just throws it up for grabs are terrible. The team should be running a safer more controlled passing game to get the guy in a flow and not cost his team games. The Bear defense can do enough to win 13-10, but not if he keeps turning the ball over and giving teams great field position. Ive said it for awhile that this Bear team is going to be lucky to get out of their first game in January and unless they do something with the QB alot more people are going to share the same sentiment you and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Now just imagine the Bears if they actually had a halfway decent QB? 19-0.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    Now just imagine the Bears if they actually had a halfway decent QB? 19-0.
    Grossman is just erratic, at times he looks at great and at other times horrible. He's a gun slinger and gun slinger's tend to do this, particularly your ones. Lovie needs to instill a bit of a game manager in him..

Rookie
    The Bears could make a play for Leftwich.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by wam
    The Bears could make a play for Leftwich.
    If I were the Bears I would go after Matt Schaub. The tender price of first and third round picks makes this deal a steal ! I'm willing to bet there will be a sizable contingent of teams chasing after Mister Schaubs Sevices even at that price.

As to Fat Albert there will be a few takers but he is considered damaged goods and a QB that has never really proven himself as Top Flight Talent.