Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter King says "we'll be in" (merged)

All League

Peter King says "we'll be in"

They'll Be In

NEW YORK JETS
    Overall record: 7-5
    Conference record: 5-4
    Remaining games: Buffalo, at Minnesota, at Miami, Oakland

What I hear from everyone I talk to is the same: It's too soon for the Jets. They're not ready. We can impose whatever preseason prejudices we want on this team, but the fact is this team is 5-2 over the last eight weeks, they play exceedingly smart football, and they finish against four straight teams with losing records. Phil Simms put it right when he said on CBS Sunday: "They are going to reinvent themselves on both sides of the ball each week to do whatever it takes to win.'' They may have to run the table, which would mean winning at Miami on Christmas night, to get in. But because Denver and Kansas City both lost Sunday, I could see the Jets losing at Miami and still making it. If my imprecise seedings hold, how about this wild-card matchup: Jets-Patriots, Saturday night, Jan. 6. Sounds like the Saturday night NBC wild-card tilt to me

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    They'll Be In

NEW YORK JETS

What I hear from everyone I talk to is the same: It's too soon for the Jets. They're not ready. We can impose whatever preseason prejudices we want on this team, but the fact is this team is 5-2 over the last eight weeks, they play exceedingly smart football, and they finish against four straight teams with losing records. Phil Simms put it right when he said on CBS Sunday: "They are going to reinvent themselves on both sides of the ball each week to do whatever it takes to win.'' They may have to run the table, which would mean winning at Miami on Christmas night, to get in. But because Denver and Kansas City both lost Sunday, I could see the Jets losing at Miami and still making it. If my imprecise seedings hold, how about this wild-card matchup: Jets-Patriots, Saturday night, Jan. 6. Sounds like the Saturday night NBC wild-card tilt to me
    The same Peter King that picked the Packers last week...
    No thanks, PK. Keep your opinions to yourself!

That was a great quote by Simms too btw.

Charter JI Member
    I haven't seen this many flip flops by one man since the last presidential election.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked

Yeah screw him.

He should stick to talking about Starbucks and only Starbucks, because that corpulent piece of sh*t is worthless when it comes to football.

Practice Squad
    Peter King is a moron...how he is paid to write that junk he calls sports journalism is beyond me..that fat assss is clueless.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes Peter King now has to justify his pick of GB; ie, the Jets are for real.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    Yeah screw him.

He should stick to talking about Starbucks and only Starbucks, because that corpulent piece of sh*t is worthless when it comes to football.
    Ha! "Corpulent" is such a money word. And Peter King is most definitely corpulent.

All League
    Another ESPN prediction - Jets in.

New York Jets
    In or out? In (10-6).
    The Jets are taking care of business and feeding on the bottom feeders. They've beaten the Texans and Packers the past two weeks by a combined score of 64-21. Of their last four games, none is against a team with a winning record (Buffalo at home, at Minnesota, at Miami, Oakland at the crib). Then again, this team also lost at Cleveland back on Oct. 29. But the way the Jets went into Gillette Stadium three weeks ago and beat the Patriots and competed in loss to Chicago two weeks ago proves they're for real. Even if the remaining opponents' records aren't cause for concern, the fact that two of them are against AFC East teams means they'll have some tough games. The Jets, though, will find a way to win three of four.

Kansas City:
    In or out? Out (10-6).
    The Chiefs go home again with a 10-6 record thanks to their aforementioned poor conference record. They get the Ravens at home next week, followed by division roadies against the Chargers and Raiders, and finish up at Arrowhead with the Jags. Kansas City is as capable of sweeping all four as much as it is losing all four. I think the Chiefs win three but pick up a killer sixth AFC loss. They need too much help.

Denver
    In or out? Out (9-7).
    Next week the Broncos are at San Diego, which has won six in a row and just got Shawne Merriman back from suspension. Then the Broncos travel to Arizona, and finish with home games against the Bengals and 49ers. That's two tilts with playoff contenders and two with a couple of pesky teams from the NFC West. And all with a rookie quarterback in Cutler at the helm. Denver hasn't run the ball well lately and the defense no longer is impenetrable. I can see the Broncos losing at least two of their last four, at San Diego and at home to Cincinnati.

Jacksonville
    In or out? Out (9-7).
    The Jaguars will be lucky to split their last four. They get Indianapolis and New England at home, where Jacksonville is really tough, and Tennessee and Kansas City on the road.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dbatesman
    Ha! "Corpulent" is such a money word. And Peter King is most definitely corpulent.

Once in a while I like to throw in an SAT word. It hopefully shows I'm not a complete horse's ass.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked

Yeah... same idiot.

Make up your mind clown!

BZ

All Pro
    In King's defense, he did say on the radio last week that if the Jets could win in GB, he thought they'd make the playoffs. He just didn't think we were good enough to win that game on the road. Bet he does now.

Hall Of Fame
    Repeat after me, "One game at a time!", "One game at a time!"

Rookie
    Watch him pick the Jills to win this week....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVilma
    Watch him pick the Jills to win this week....
    I'm praying he does.....he is wrong almost all the time

Veteran

Peter King says we make the Playoffs. The earth's axis tilts.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

They'll Be In

NEW YORK JETS

What I hear from everyone I talk to is the same: It's too soon for the Jets. They're not ready. We can impose whatever preseason prejudices we want on this team, but the fact is this team is 5-2 over the last eight weeks, they play exceedingly smart football, and they finish against four straight teams with losing records. Phil Simms put it right when he said on CBS Sunday: "They are going to reinvent themselves on both sides of the ball each week to do whatever it takes to win.'' They may have to run the table, which would mean winning at Miami on Christmas night, to get in. But because Denver and Kansas City both lost Sunday, I could see the Jets losing at Miami and still making it. If my imprecise seedings hold, how about this wild-card matchup: Jets-Patriots, Saturday night, Jan. 6. Sounds like the Saturday night NBC wild-card tilt to me.

Hall Of Fame
    Amazing - he still managed to utter the word "Patriots".

Hall Of Fame
    Jets and Pats in round one at Foxboro where the Jets just won and having confidence that they could do it again, thats too crazy to think about right now, I'm getting goosebumps!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    Quantum - love the Avtar. Nothing says 1970's LI then the TomCat!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum
    Amazing - he still managed to utter the word "Patriots".

lol - too funny... But i always thought that Wildcard team can't play the same team in there divison for wold card game

All League
    So Peter King went from picking Green Bay to beat the Jets to picking the Jets to make the playoffs? I guess Green Bay is a measuring stick, one of those elite teams against whom you find out what you are really made of.

Or maybe Peter King finally watched a Jets game before making one of his bold predictions. Either way he has no credibility with me. Just another latecomer on the bandwagon...