Thread: How long is Mangini signed for?

Hall Of Fame

How long is Mangini signed for?

And am I correct in assuming he's among the lowest paid coaches?

We damn well better lock up Mangini, our dc and oc, and cotch at the end of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, the real numbers are in: The rookie head coach signed a four-year contract, as reported by the Daily News, for a total of $7 million, it was learned yesterday.

Mangini also will receive a housing allowance, which increases the total value of the deal, but nowhere near some of the bloated figures that were reported.

With an annual salary of $1.75 million, Mangini will be earning slightly less than his predecessor, Herm Edwards, was due to make.

Hall Of Fame
    Woody! Pay the man!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I heard Rutgers wants to talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    And am I correct in assuming he's among the lowest paid coaches?

We damn well better lock up Mangini, our dc and oc, and cotch at the end of the season.

While I am happy with his performance so far I am a firm believer in letting people prove themselves over time. Lets see how good he is say in 2 years from now before we buy into a big contract. This will also give Woody some time to save the money he will need to lock him up. It will not be cheap.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01
    While I am happy with his performance so far I am a firm believer in letting people prove themselves over time. Lets see how good he is say in 2 years from now before we buy into a big contract. This will also give Woody some time to save the money he will need to lock him up. It will not be cheap.
    Yeah, at 4 years we can wait a year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01
    Agree, love the job he's done, but let's not put him in Canton yet

Hall Of Fame
    It seems that Mangini should be frontrunner for coach of the year. I thought Nolan might give him a run for the money, but not anymore.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Not so sure yet. The Saints are too much of a feel-good story for Payton to not get a ton of votes. Besides if they win the division, how could he not get it? Plus with what Fisher's doing in Tennessee, it looks to me like a three-horse race.

PS edit--Is Jeff Fisher THE most underappreciated coach in the league or what?

Rip up the contract and give him a 10 year deal that will make him one of the higher paid coaches out there. Woody better not let him get away!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Rip up the contract and give him a 10 year deal that will make him one of the higher paid coaches out there. Woody better not let him get away!
    Mangini is the guy that Woody wanted and he will pay him whatever it takes to keep him. If Mangini leaves in the future it will be due to an issue other than salary.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I love Mangini but I woudn't give Vince Lombardi a ten year contract.