Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me, or does Chad play one amazing half, and then one very average half?

JetsFan2012

Is it me, or does Chad play one amazing half, and then one very average half?

First of all, jerkbags, I don't intend to be a "hater", or "bash Pennington", or any other of those phrases your Pennintologists like to employ.

Secondly, Chad played an AMAZING first half yesterday. That's pretty much all you can do to describe it. By halftime, the game had the makings of a blowout, so much so that people on here were talking about putting in Ramsey towards the end of the game. Then, in the second half, he cooled off considerably, and when the Packers scored 10, it looked like the game might end closer than what people though.

The same thing happened last week against the Texans, except reversed. Chad played a very so-so first half, but then lit it up in the 2nd half.

It kind of reminds me of my golf game. I'm about a 16 handicap, but on one 9 (either the front or the back) I play pretty damn close to even par, and then **** up on the other side. It never fails, it always happens.

Why do you think this is (about Chad, not about me playing golf, lol)? Imagine if Chad played lights out in both halves of yesterday's game? I think if he played a little bit more consistently on a half-by-half basis, there would be no question about a playoff run this year.

I'm looking at our situation this way: all the pieces are absolutely in place right now (with the exception of the running game). The only wildcard in the deck is Chad, and our success banks directly on his performance week to week.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Adjustments and rhythm..Chad is very much a rhythm passer and once he gets in it, he can be very good. Two commen themes in the Houston second halves and the GB first were a lot of three and outs by the opposing team. Helps keep you in rhythm...

Also, it's not fair to expect Chad to play lights out the whole game...

Veteran
    Of course he played differently in the second half, we were up by two and a half dozen points.

Man, Chad can't buy a break around here.

think maybe with a 31 point lead

the rest of the jets got a bit complacent? i think they had one touch in the 3rd quarter with green bay moving the ball pretty well. i was sort of thinking the same after gb scored but then chad came back to put the icing on.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Adjustments and rhythm..Chad is very much a rhythm passer and once he gets in it, he can be very good. Two commen themes in the Houston second halves and the GB first were a lot of three and outs by the opposing team. Helps keep you in rhythm...

Also, it's not fair to expect Chad to play lights out the whole game...

that's true... so is it fair to say that when the going gets tough, don't count on Chad to stay electric throughout the whole game?

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Of course he played differently in the second half, we were up by two and a half dozen points.

Man, Chad can't buy a break around here.

wahh wahh boo hoo, it's called conversation

Everyone should stop acting like their mothers are being insulted whenever Chad's ability is discussed.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    that's true... so is it fair to say that when the going gets tough, don't count on Chad to stay electric throughout the whole game?
    I don't think you can expect ANY QB to put up 200 yards and 2 TD's every half...

Chad played very well yesterday but faces a bit stiffer of a test this coming weekend...

Hall Of Fame
    For someone with two major surgeries and tired arm, he exceed all expectations this season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    wahh wahh boo hoo, it's called conversation

Everyone should stop acting like their mothers are being insulted whenever Chad's ability is discussed.
    I'm not defensive about Chad at all - in fact, I think he was pretty average yesterday. Almost every pass to McCareins was disgustingly bad, although J-Mac didn't help much, either. Don't assume that I'm a huge Chad fan because I recognize people actively searching for things to criticize him about.

He is what he is, an average NFL QB who doesn't play well against good defenses. That's all there is to it.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    For someone with two major surgeries and tired arm, he exceed all expectations this season.

yeah, great, la di da. Chad is my hero and yours, and the movie is in the works.

Now, with a 7-5 record and in wildcard position, it's time to stop fellating Chad's return until the year is over. It's go time, baby. No excuses, no crappy games. Our goal went from a respectful season to a playoff run with this win in Grenn Bay. Let's focus on the postseason and wait until January 2nd to reflect on Chad's comeback.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not defensive about Chad at all - in fact, I think he was pretty average yesterday. Almost every pass to McCareins was disgustingly bad, although J-Mac didn't help much, either. Don't assume that I'm a huge Chad fan because I recognize people actively searching for things to criticize him about.

He is what he is, an average NFL QB who doesn't play well against good defenses. That's all there is to it.
    Chad was very good in the first half. Granted GB's defnese is rotten, but Chad made a lot of good reads and good throws in the first half. You really can't ask for anything more..

Veteran
    Chad was very good in the first half. Granted GB's defnese is rotten, but Chad made a lot of good reads and good throws in the first half. You really can't ask for anything more..
    The McCareins pick turned a great performance into a pretty good one - if it wasn't for that one throw I'd say he had a great game too.

Hall Of Fame
    The McCareins pick turned a great performance into a pretty good one - if it wasn't for that one throw I'd say he had a great game too.
    I was talking about the first half...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think Chad played lights out yesterday. He didn't go into a shell after the two picks either.

He stayed aggressive. Even on his first pick I liked the fact that he came out on the first play of the 2nd half and winged it downfield to McCareins looking to strike early. I guarantee if it was Coles or Cotchery on the receiving end of that throw, it would've been a completion. Justin just doesn't fight for the ball. He was waiting for it to drop in his hands instead of going up and catching it at it's highest point like your supposed to do.

On the second pick Chad was hit by KGB just as he was releasing the ball.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Pennington, but he played great yesterday.

25 of 35, 263 yards, and 2 TD's

Yet people still complain.

Veteran
    I was talking about the first half...
    Touche.

Honestly as bad as the throw was I was upset at the call, too.

Throws on two third and one's at the goal line and that bomb to start the third quarter, it seems like we run a lot of plays for shock value alone. Eventually teams will start looking for those plays, I'd think.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I think Chad played lights out yesterday. He didn't go into a shell after the two picks either.

He stayed aggressive. Even on his first pick I liked the fact that he came out on the first play of the 2nd half and winged it downfield to McCareins looking to strike early. I guarantee if it was Coles or Cotchery on the receiving end of that throw, it would've been a completion. Justin just doesn't fight for the ball. He was waiting for it to drop in his hands instead of going up and catching it at it's highest point like your supposed to do.

On the second pick Chad was hit by KGB just as he was releasing the ball.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Pennington, but he played great yesterday.

25 of 35, 263 yards, and 2 TD's

Yet people still complain.

That's a very good point, he threw two picks and still played aggressively. Earlier in the season when he was slumping, I feel like he would have dialed it down a little bit after that.

Like Chad said, things are starting to really click with the team. Perfect time, too. Regarding the rest of the schedule, it will be interesting against the Bills and Dolphins, for sure.

Well when you play great on the front you think your Tiger and then go to the back and think you can do nothing wrong... When you play a ****ty front you go to the back not giving a turd and swing natural so you play great..Oh you said about Pennyboy Sorry. No clue about why he does it.

JetsFan2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01
    Well when you play great on the front you think your Tiger and then go to the back and think you can do nothing wrong... When you play a ****ty front you go to the back not giving a turd and swing natural so you play great..Oh you said about Pennyboy Sorry. No clue about why he does it.

hahahahaha, that is probably very true

All League
    I'm not defensive about Chad at all - in fact, I think he was pretty average yesterday.
    Wow, tough crowd.

Banned
    7-5..in the thick of the Wild Card race, for a team that was deemed a #1 pick canidate. No complaints here.