http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

They'll Be In

NEW YORK JETS
Overall record: 7-5
Conference record: 5-4
Remaining games: Buffalo, at Minnesota, at Miami, Oakland

What I hear from everyone I talk to is the same: It's too soon for the Jets. They're not ready. We can impose whatever preseason prejudices we want on this team, but the fact is this team is 5-2 over the last eight weeks, they play exceedingly smart football, and they finish against four straight teams with losing records. Phil Simms put it right when he said on CBS Sunday: "They are going to reinvent themselves on both sides of the ball each week to do whatever it takes to win.'' They may have to run the table, which would mean winning at Miami on Christmas night, to get in. But because Denver and Kansas City both lost Sunday, I could see the Jets losing at Miami and still making it. If my imprecise seedings hold, how about this wild-card matchup: Jets-Patriots, Saturday night, Jan. 6. Sounds like the Saturday night NBC wild-card tilt to me.

The Fine Fifteen

11. New York Jets (7-5). First-half drives in Green Bay: 63 yards, field goal; 51 yards, touchdown; 83 yards, touchdown; 70 yards, touchdown; 77 yards, touchdown. Score at halftime: Jets 31, Pack 0.

--------

Some love from the moron today.