Thread: Falcon Fans Off the Abe Bandwagon . . .(merged)

All Pro

Falcon Fans Off the Abe Bandwagon . . .

Wow, this sounds just like an old jets thread . . .

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...ic=207258&st=0

Veteran
    Well that was quick.

Hall Of Fame
    Abe is Abe, be careful what you ask for, you may just get it.

All Pro
    My favorite line is:

"Any time Abraham plays is just gravy to me. As far as I'm concerned, he's out for the season."

Ouch! That's some expensive gravy

What'd we get for him?.... Oh that's right Nick Mangold. The Rookie who has started and played very well for the last 12 weeks. Well done tangini well done

Banned
    To think, people were actually complaining that we didn't get enough for him in the trade.

Even worse, many on here were upset that we traded him in the first place!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx
    To think, people were actually complaining that we didn't get enough for him in the trade.

Honestly I admit it I wanted more... but as it turns out Mangold was worth it I will do it 10 more times... I even traded my old Abraham jersey for a Mangold jersey

All Pro

I know, its funny to think about now. Though it definitely wasn't a clear case at the time. I mean we traded a beast pass rusher for what amounted to be a center. Who knew it would work out like it did.

Our boring center has become a BEAST and Abe's knitted 15 sweaters and completed 1000's of Sudoku puzzles in ATL.

As of this moment that trade is incredibly lopsided in our favor. I don't think anyone would've guessed that would happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets
    Honestly I admit it I wanted more... but as it turns out Mangold was worth it I will do it 10 more times... I even traded my old Abraham jersey for a Mangold jersey
    That trade and the drafting of Mangold with the pick we received has probably been the best move that Tannenbaum and Mangini made this year. I mean they really hit a grand slam on that one.

All Pro
    That trade and the drafting of Mangold with the pick we received has probably been the best move that Tannenbaum and Mangini made this year. I mean they really hit a grand slam on that one.

I agree.... I think Mike Tannenbaum has beed one step ahead of everyone unlike the previous administration who was always one step behind (ie. free agent signings and raids by the Redskins)

All League
    Remember how Gary Myers said that the Abe trade was really bad for this franchise blah blah blah. Shows how little these guys actually know about football. This should show Atlanta that it was a mistake to sign him..the guy just wants the $$$ nothing else.

Vick has been taking a LOT of heat for the failure of this franchise to win but that is expected with the $$$ he is getting. His receivers have dropped a ton of passes and if Abe had been in there in top form they might have won an additional game or two.

Veteran
    We got mangold and saved alot of money in cap. Abe would have eaten up a much larger chunk

All Pro
    This thread just got started by a Jet Troll on the falcons site.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...owtopic=207306

Is one of you guys Jetfuel?
    Don't be too mean, I really feel bad for the those guys. We've been on that end way too much in the past and it doesn't feel good.

All League

Fans in Atlanta getting pissed about Abe

One of the people that I grew up now owns a bar in the outskirts of Atlanta (he hit it big in the dotcom boom). Anyway he is still a loyal NYJ fan and has satellite at his bar so they can have a lot of games up an running. Well yesterday he wore a Jet jersey to work and he said that a lot of Atlanta fans unloaded on him about Abe. It seems a lot of Falcoln fans did not realize his history and when Del let them know they kind of, in his words "went over the top". It seems that their franchise has so much money tied up in a few players, including Abe, that they can't sign the wideouts they need to support Vick. He said that if Vick has another year like this year there is going to be talk to bench his ass by the fans who are sick and tired of their shotty play.

Hall Of Fame
    Why is he getting sh!t? Maybe the Falcons FO didn't do their homework. Oh well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's not like he has a secret history or the Jets lied, his injury history was pretty obvious.

All Pro
    One guy in my old SWATL suburban hood calls him John MayPlay-braham

All League
    Except for JI threads, the last time I heard Abe's name was when he first got hurt earlier this season. He is a complete non-entity.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    It seems a lot of Falcoln fans did not realize his history
    Then they must really have had a rude surprise. If they should be lucky enough to make the playoffs, see how upset they are when Abe begs out of the lineup because he's "not 100 percent". Then they'll know what a gamer Abe really is.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    One of the people that I grew up now owns a bar in the outskirts of Atlanta.
    I would have bet good money that the next sentence was going to be Abe closes it down every Saturday night.