View Poll Results: Which Jets is most undeserving of the constant abuse he gets from fans?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dewayne Robertson

31 25.20%
  • Mike Nugent

19 15.45%
  • Chad Pennington

47 38.21%
  • David Barrett

11 8.94%
  • Justin McCareins

11 8.94%
  • Other - Please mention in the thread.

4 3.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Jets player gets the biggest "bum rap" from fans?

JetsInsider.com Legend

What Jets player gets the biggest "bum rap" from fans?

The Jets have lots of players that fans consistently seem to think are underachieving, not worth their draft status, or just always look at the glass as half empty when it comes to their play. So who, from the following list has taken the most undeserved criticism? Which guy, for all the abuse he takes, has actually proven to be a good player and just gets a "bum rap"? Poll coming...
    Last edited by jetstream23; 12-04-2006 at 01:32 PM.

Banned
    Ive never seen so many baseless, retarded, and annoying complaints against a player who is is playing well, has his team winning, is a leader, and is efficient as I have with chad.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    Ive never seen so many baseless, retarded, and annoying complaints against a player who is is playing well, has his team winning, is a leader, and is efficient as I have with chad.
    That avatar is the funniest sh*t I have ever seen!
    Did you make it? I like Chad as a player though,but that is just too
    damn funny.

Hall Of Fame
    The QB job on a rebuilding team has to be one of the toughest jobs in football. Pennington has come back from 2 surgeries and hangs in there every week. He hasn't been perfect but either has the team. The team is a work in progress and he has done an outstanding job. Our team is in the playoff hunt and he has brought credibility to the Jets. He communicates very well and is extremely likeable and a natural leader. Yet half the posters on JI would like to see Clemens QB in his place. Clemens has the better arm but lacks the experience. He will learn a lot rubbing elbows with Chad and discussing stradegies. For the time being let's appreciate what we have. Good job Chad Pennington.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Chad Pennington. The QB always gets vastly more credit, or blame, when compared to toher positions. No question.

And compared to tohers on the list you provided, Chad HAS played well enough to avoid their level of "bad move" talk. Chad may not be great, but he is still good most days, great on occasion, and only bad sometimes. The others have been bad alot (well, more than Chad at least).

Hall Of Fame
    Robertson and Santana before him

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDRX7
    damn funny.
    It "Quacks" me up also!!

All Pro
    D-Rob. I see someone here posts him as D-Slob....Several different DC's in 4 years may have something to do with his perceived underperformance

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Pennington by a landslide.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23
    just gets a "bum rap"?

BUM RAP!!! BUM RAP!!! BUM RAP!!!

No Brady joke yet? You guys are slipping....Where's Source?

Hall Of Fame
    d'brick.

while only 1 poster seems to constantly bash him , a rookie LT will face the best athletes/pass rushers on the planet every week. There are no off weaks, no breathers. its demon after demon.

I see d'brick as he was advertised when we drafted him, and I can wait until his third year to be a pro-bowler without whining.

he needs time to finish growing, to fill out, and to learn the tricks of the trade.

All Pro
    Came down to D Rob and Penny. Picked Roberts because he gets lambasted becasue of his draft status and he had no control over that. Though he looks like a late bloomer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDRX7
    damn funny.
    Haha no.

I actually made the same icon, but he is throwing a ball.

Someone changed it to this, I thought it was hilarious even though I love chad.

It was on another forum

All Pro
    I picked JMac because it seems as though he is not liked by anyone in the fanbase...

All others are at least given some props from time to time, but JMac is ALWAYS on the side of negative remarks.

All League
    I think everyone on that list takes too much heat but by far the treatment Chad has received this year has been the worst especially since w/o him we have maybe 3 wins right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Players on the team that you are a fan of always catch more heat from you then do any other players on any other teams. Whenever people talk about the best LT in football they bring up Walter Jones without hesitation these days. Well, Walter Jones got owned on nat'l TV twice last night. If that game wasn't nationally televised, I wouldn't know that and neither would any of you. But if D'Brick got owned twice, you best believe we'd all know about it and it would be discussed into the ground here with people saying, "He'll never be as dominant as Walter Jones," having no clue that Walter Jones just got finished being somebody's b*tch across the country but you couldn't see it.

Chad Pennington is a QB that can lead a team to victories, the playoffs, and beyond. Football is a team sport more then any other. No one player wins a game or loses a game for you. The Jets are in good shape with Chad at the helm.

HTH.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Chad Pennington

P.S.

How anyone could vote for McCareins is beyond me. He deserves every ounce of criticism that has been thrown his way.

Practice Squad

you fickle fans,

you are the same fans, that will be calling for everyones heads if the jets werent winning. take d thomas, i never thought he was a bad player, but how many times have i read, getting rid of him. if anything, talk about how your 4th and 5th round picks are out playing your two 3rd picks and no one is saying anything. if those two players were black you would be hearing it from everyone on this site. there is not that many bad players on this team, it just dont have any superstars, and this team was winning before mangini got here, or have you all forgotten. there is nothing wrong with macarein, you have to use him, nothing wrong with the running backs that a good power guard cant cure.

thomas. hes not abe, but ok

Practice Squad

two different people

Quote Originally Posted by jarule444
    thomas. hes not abe, but ok
    he does best what he does. thomas is good against the run, abe good at pass rush............