Thread: Schottenheimer ???

Schottenheimer ???

With the job Schottenheimer has done with our offense this year, how hot of a commodity will he be in the off-season? I hope he doesn't bail after just one year. This thought comes directly from Reading about Schiano and his future at Rutgers. We need some consistency and stability on our staff for a while. I just hope that his job as our O-coordinator doesn't seem complete to him until we win a championship. What are your thoughts about Schottenheimer being around for a couple of years or leaving early to take his own HC job?

Rookie
    I think hes safe for this off season, however if he continues his success next year, then i can see other teams having interest in him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe
    What are your thoughts about Schottenheimer being around for a couple of years or leaving early to take his own HC job?
    No one is going to offer him a Head Coaching job in the NFL in 2007. So I predict he is still our O-Co come that time.

Veteran
    I was thinking about this after halftime yesterday...

I think it'll be at least 1-2 seasons before things get serious, but hopefully Woody steps in with a paycheck to keep him from leaving.

Hall Of Fame
    interest as what?

he hasnt been that good and he's like 32 and has one year of OC experience, he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVilma
    I think hes safe for this off season, however if he continues his success next year, then i can see other teams having interest in him.
    Agreed, he'd have to have a few years of success to be considered I'd think unless the Jets did something mind blowing like win the S.B.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd say he safe for three more years but if the Jets get to be an offensive jaugernaut then teams will want him; and he goes to the highest bidder.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    I'd say he safe for three more years but if the Jets get to be an offensive jaugernaut then teams will want him; and he goes to the highest bidder.

3 years is a long time.....with the NFL trend of hiring younger coaches i wouldnt be suprised if hes gone at the end of next season....

Hall Of Fame
    two things to contribute here:

1 -- the jury is still out on his unique system. It has proven to be moderately successful, but it has been erratic, and not without kinks. No one would hire him based upon a still as yet unproven ideology. This year is essentially his proof-year.

2 -- his system appears very complex with a lot of "personalization". Is it even possible for s/o elese to come in and run his offense? In other words, is his offense completely dependent on him, as opposed to being an easily duplicatable system?

All Pro
    Here's another question to ponder. Can any QB master his system? Chad is definately one of the more intelligent QB's around and I wonder if the average QB in the NFL would have as much success running what is a very complicated offense.

He called a hell of a game yesterday.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan
    Here's another question to ponder. Can any QB master his system? Chad is definately one of the more intelligent QB's around and I wonder if the average QB in the NFL would have as much success running what is a very complicated offense.
    His system does look complex and Chad's intelligence has shown immensely. He is one of the few QB's that really calls his plays on the line. I think it would be difficult for another QB or O/C to come in a dup this system.

Shot is here for at least 2 more years.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg
    His system does look complex and Chad's intelligence has shown immensely. He is one of the few QB's that really calls his plays on the line. I think it would be difficult for another QB or O/C to come in a dup this system.

Shot is here for at least 2 more years.
    perhaps an impetus to stay -- there's definitely a learning curve, and an adjustment period, it'll take quite some time to install -- again.

and, he's alreday got the best QB for his system.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    perhaps an impetus to stay -- there's definitely a learning curve, and an adjustment period, it'll take quite some time to install -- again.

and, he's alreday got the best QB for his system.
    I think the the Jets O is just getting started. The last two games they have shown a lot of improvement. The last 5/6 games the run game has improved.

A road grader guard would help us

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    No one is going to offer him a Head Coaching job in the NFL in 2007. So I predict he is still our O-Co come that time.
    An NFL job? No. But college? Hmmmm......