Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: Chad's two INT's

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,892

    Chad's two INT's

    Can someone summarize what happened with the two INT's? We lost power due to the wildfire thats burning here in CA

  2. #2
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    Can someone summarize what happened with the two INT's? We lost power due to the wildfire thats burning here in CA
    One weakly under-thrown long ball. All on Chad.

    One hit-from-behind-didn't-see-it-coming-not-his-fault lame duck pass. Not on Chad at all IMO.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    One weakly under-thrown long ball. All on Chad.

    One hit-from-behind-didn't-see-it-coming-not-his-fault lame duck pass. Not on Chad at all IMO.
    The nice thing about the long INT was it was around the 10 yd line so it was like a punt. It didn't hurt us to take a shot deep. But I agree it was under thrown and is on Chad.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    The nice thing about the long INT was it was around the 10 yd line so it was like a punt. It didn't hurt us to take a shot deep.
    Agreed.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    Can someone summarize what happened with the two INT's? We lost power due to the wildfire thats burning here in CA

    Ya I summarize what happen we Won

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,890
    It also appeared that, on the lame-duck, hit-from-behind-as-he-threw INT, McCareins could have come back harder to the ball to at least prevent the INT if not to catch the ball. Not a knock on Justin, just an observation.

  7. #7
    JetsFan2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    The nice thing about the long INT was it was around the 10 yd line so it was like a punt. It didn't hurt us to take a shot deep. But I agree it was under thrown and is on Chad.

    LOL, yep, that was quite the tactical INT.

    It must've taken a lot out of you to admit something was Chad's fault. Take a deep breath, it'll be OK.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,063
    Chad did have JMac open but was a bit ambitious with that throw, especialy on a windy day.. at least I assume it was windy.

    However on the one he got hit from behind while throwing, JMac shoudl've been more agressive...

    Really on both passes JMac should've realised the outcome and tried to do a bit more then what he did.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    One weakly under-thrown long ball. All on Chad.

    One hit-from-behind-didn't-see-it-coming-not-his-fault lame duck pass. Not on Chad at all IMO.

    Although I'm not jumping to Chad's defence, as he has seemed shaky to me in the redzone the past few weeks... Since the Urlacher pic, every game he has thrown sometimg into the endzone that should've been picked.


    But did you guys get the feeling like McCarens was just sitting waiting on the pass to get to him as opposed to making a move on the ball? It looked to me like he was waiting there and let the defender jump infront of him, when to me it looked like he could have made a move towards the ball the could've broken up the pic.... on the flutter ball play?

    Anyways you can't really say the same on the long ball... but I just felt like McCarens doesn't make a play for the ball, he's waiting on it.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    LOL, yep, that was quite the tactical INT.

    It must've taken a lot out of you to admit something was Chad's fault. Take a deep breath, it'll be OK.
    Well ****, people want to stretch the field and throw long, then when we do and one gets Picked off then its like.. NOOOO what you do?!

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    306
    On the long interception you have to consider the wind was blowing around 17mph at the time. It would be tough for any quarterback to be accurate on the long ball in those conditions. Plus, it would have been nice if Macarrens had actually come back and tried to compete for the ball.

    The other interception the defender got a hand on the ball before it came out of Chad's hand and it came out funny.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    It also appeared that, on the lame-duck, hit-from-behind-as-he-threw INT, McCareins could have come back harder to the ball to at least prevent the INT if not to catch the ball. Not a knock on Justin, just an observation.
    It is a knock on McCareins, and should be. Before I saw his # I knew it was him because he is the only one of our WR's who doesn't come back to the ball and fight for the ball.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada
    But did you guys get the feeling like McCarens was just sitting waiting on the pass to get to him as opposed to making a move on the ball? It looked to me like he was waiting there and let the defender jump infront of him, when to me it looked like he could have made a move towards the ball the could've broken up the pic.... on the flutter ball play?

    Anyways you can't really say the same on the long ball... but I just felt like McCarens doesn't make a play for the ball, he's waiting on it.
    That's one of McCareins' biggest problems as a WR. The other is that he catches the ball into his body rather than catching it with his hands, which is why he has dropped so many balls.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    One weakly under-thrown long ball. All on Chad.

    One hit-from-behind-didn't-see-it-coming-not-his-fault lame duck pass. Not on Chad at all IMO.
    What about the other 3 that the Packers DB's dropped?

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    I also think that Chad mistimed the first INT. If you guys remember the bomb to Santana against the Chargers in the playoffs, Chad just dropped back and threw. That allowed Santana to run under it.

    This time, Chad did play action then threw and the ball was underthrown. One mistake in an otherwise great performance. IMO, if he just his 3 step drop and threw the ball would not have been underthrown. GB's secondary just let McCareins get behind it and he would have walked into the endzone.

    Also, McCareins lets the ball play him rather than playing the ball. If he'd attack it, things may be different.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,494
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    What about the other 3 that the Packers DB's dropped?
    Every QB in football has passes that come "close" to being INT'd. If they're not; they're not. Think of it as a make up for the dropped passes that WRs drop that don't sustain drives, bring down a QB's yards, prestige, and completion %. Or, look at them like a gift for the ones like Chad's yesterday that if he didn't get hit from behind, the ball would not have been a wobbled pass but a completion to an open McCareins, but instead, it is an INT that on paper doesn't show up as the OLine's fault.

    It's all relative. You know that.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    10,494
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I also think that Chad mistimed the first INT. If you guys remember the bomb to Santana against the Chargers in the playoffs, Chad just dropped back and threw. That allowed Santana to run under it.

    This time, Chad did play action then threw and the ball was underthrown. One mistake in an otherwise great performance. IMO, if he just his 3 step drop and threw the ball would not have been underthrown. GB's secondary just let McCareins get behind it and he would have walked into the endzone.

    Also, McCareins lets the ball play him rather than playing the ball. If he'd attack it, things may be different.
    I'm a hugh Chad supporter but you and anyone else who is saying anything other then, "Chad made a bad throw," is way, WAY overanalyzing.

    HTH.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    I also think that Chad mistimed the first INT. If you guys remember the bomb to Santana against the Chargers in the playoffs, Chad just dropped back and threw. That allowed Santana to run under it.

    This time, Chad did play action then threw and the ball was underthrown. One mistake in an otherwise great performance. IMO, if he just his 3 step drop and threw the ball would not have been underthrown. GB's secondary just let McCareins get behind it and he would have walked into the endzone.

    Also, McCareins lets the ball play him rather than playing the ball. If he'd attack it, things may be different.
    Chad also threw late to Cotch in the end zone on the first drive, which cost us a TD. One blemish to an otherwise great first half performance.

    The Pats better hope we don't make the playoffs because, if we do, the Jets would be a very dangerous opponent for the Pats in the first round. Nothwithstanding PatsFanTx's protestations to the contrary, of course.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by joemusgo
    Chad also threw late to Cotch in the end zone on the first drive, which cost us a TD. One blemish to an otherwise great first half performance.

    The Pats better hope we don't make the playoffs because, if we do, the Jets would be a very dangerous opponent for the Pats in the first round. Nothwithstanding PatsFanTx's protestations to the contrary, of course.
    Then again, anyone would be a dangerous opponent for the Pats with the way they've been playing.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    and not for nothing there was 3 instances when pass interferance should have been called - baker was mugged on one of them - then in the Giants game same thing Shockey's dfender was all over him and no call -

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us