Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 0T The Wire FINALE thread!! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

Veteran

0T The Wire FINALE thread!! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE FINALE

Loved the finale and real pissed about Bodie. Loved his character. and his spit

Question for everyone. Who does Michael Kill at the end of the episode?? I have no clue who that is

All League
    Charter JI Member

I was really pissed about Bodie too. At least he didn't go out like a chump.

Don't know who it was that Michael got. I just read into it as some no name dude that crossed Marlo and was a good test for Michael. I didn't recognize him as a regular character.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet
    I was really pissed about Bodie too. At least he didn't go out like a chump.

Don't know who it was that Michael got. I just read into it as some no name dude that crossed Marlo and was a good test for Michael. I didn't recognize him as a regular character.

I can understand that if he killed that dude before Bodie, but since he already killed Bodie, I don't see the purpose

Veteran
    I have 2 theories on who it might be

1)Prop Joe's nephew that he wont give to Marlo

2)Whoever took over Bodie's corner since Marlo gave it to Michael

not sure about either

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money
    I can understand that if he killed that dude before Bodie, but since he already killed Bodie, I don't see the purpose

He didn't kill Bodie. That was one of Marlo's other guys.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/PC040001.jpg
    Last edited by NYRAGE; 12-04-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Chris said not to use Mike for bodie , due to the fact mike worked for bodie in the past.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GO-Jets-Mag7
    Chris said not to use Mike for bodie , due to the fact mike worked for bodie in the past.

I saw that but Marlo gave him a look like "what does that matter?" I thought they were just trying to show more of Marlo's coldness. '

You guys sure it wasnt Michael who killed Bodie?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE
    He didn't kill Bodie. That was one of Marlo's other guys.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...8/PC040001.jpg

guess that proves it, my bad

All League
    Avoiding this thread is killing me - I'm out the door to pick up my son from wrestling practice, back home, get him fed and showered and to bed - then at long last I can finally watch it!!

Little bastard better get right to bed tonight or I'll kick his a$$.

Veteran
    some other thoughts:
    -anyone else mad that the unlikeable child character Namon gets an oppurtunity, but the likable, and better overall kids , Dookie and Randy, get trampled by the system. I know its The Wire and there are no real happy endings, but its just tough to watch. Guess thats the way it is. So messed up that Carver tries his damnest but still cant 'save' Randy. Prez just looks devastated when he sees Dookie on the corner. Really powerful stuff

-Good to see Spiros. Miss the Greeks

- Great scene between McNulty and Bodie. Really going to miss Bodies character. Loved the D/ pawn reference. Show loves to touch on its past

- Prop Joe is a business man, but I think his time is ending soon

My opinion, best season yet

Veteran
    some other thoughts:
    -anyone else mad that the unlikeable child character Namon gets an oppurtunity, but the likable, and better overall kids , Dookie and Randy, get trampled by the system. I know its The Wire and there are no real happy endings, but its just tough to watch. Guess thats the way it is. So messed up that Carver tries his damnest but still cant 'save' Randy. Prez just looks devastated when he sees Dookie on the corner. Really powerful stuff

- Great scene between McNulty and Bodie. Really going to miss Bodies character. Loved the D/ pawn reference. Show loves to touch on its past

Nah, I was happy for the kid. His dad was WeeBey and his mom was the world's biggest b*tch. It couldn't be too easy to be him.

On the hand, you couldn't help but feel terrible about Dukie and Randy. Although he wasn't one of the main four kids, you had to feel bad for Sherrod, too.

But, that's the Wire for you. Growing up in West Baltimore, fate isn't kind to the kids.

Nah, I was happy for the kid. His dad was WeeBey and his mom was the world's biggest b*tch. It couldn't be too easy to be him.

On the hand, you couldn't help but feel terrible about Dukie and Randy. Although he wasn't one of the main four kids, you had to feel bad for Sherrod, too.

But, that's the Wire for you. Growing up in West Baltimore, fate isn't kind to the kids.
    Wee-bey gave that women a speech during that visitation period, i guess he didn't get no commissary$$$ on that vist

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GO-Jets-Mag7
    Wee-bey gave that women a speech during that visitation period, i guess he didn't get no commissary$$$ on that vist

I love the Wee-Bay character. The great thing about THE WIRE is that it has so many strong characters. Think about it; this season had no Stringer, no Avon, and basically no McNulty yet it STILL had amazing characters (Micheal, Bodie, Omar, Bunk, Chris, Marlo). This show is far and away the best on TV and it sucks that next season is the last because I'd love too see the four kids grow more into their roles beyond next season.

Rookie
    Just watched it...what a great episode. I watched season one when it aired but did not watch two or three, I started watching this season again while ripping through the other 2. It really is the best show on TV.

I was also a huge deadwood fan so Im happy they are making one good decision in running with the Wire despite not the best audience numbers.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I could almost see this coming for Dukie. Unfortunately the system and life is so set up that even the good kids are forced to make bad decisions.

Veteran
    becuase bodie guys crew were still on the corner...michael shot the guy to send a msg that this is our corner

Veteran
    some other thoughts:

the mcnulty and bodie seen was absolutely classic....two original wire castmates.....bodie just sick of the game changing cant take the innocent bodies getting popped for no reason......i loved it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    RIP Bodie

Look at it this way, if Bodie doesn't die, McNulty wouldn't be coming back next season.

All League
    Wow.

Watched it last night. Really, really liked it a lot.

I almost fell off my couch when Bubbles hanged himself at the beginning. Glad he made it - although you wonder if he'll ever be able to forgive himself for what happened. I loved the fact that they brought back the NA guy from Season 1 to talk to Bubbs. It seemed that the theme of this season was something I was touching on yesterday - the devastating effect that a lack of fathers has had on the inner cities. It doesn't take a village - it takes parents - most always in the plural, to raise a kid.

These surrogate programs to replace the guidance that kids aren't getting from fathers aren't working for the kids of TheWire for sure. Dookie obviously has it the worst from a first glance - no parents to speak of - just some unseen "people" who apparently get evicted on a regular basis, steal his clothes to sell them off for drugs and God knows what else. Prezbo feels for the kid, does all that he can, and things still go badly once Dukie is pushed up to High School. Heartbreaking.

Randy has it pretty good - in a home with a strict as all Hell foster Mom, and an ally in a good hearted cop in Carver. Even that wasn't enough, though. And the exasperation and frustration played out in Carver these last two episodes was terrific. I LOVED the little scene with Randy telling Carver that it was OK, he knows that he tried. Obviously this was more than any other "man" had ever done on behalf of what is obviously a good kid. That scene with Carver rushing out of the group home, when you know he's fighting off tears, then freaking out and pounding his steering wheel - that was all real good stuff.

Then there's Michael, who obviously saw some bad stuff in his life. Drug addict Mom, abusive stepdad or whatever you'd want to call him. Despite all of this he's doing his best to keep his little brother from the same pains in life - but he definitely took a turn for the worse when he ran away from Cutty into the world of Marlowe. Worse yet is the fact that he took Dookie with him.

And then of course we have Namond - who actually has a father who cares about him - even though he's a convicted felon doing time in prison. But Namond also has perhaps the worst mother in the history of TV. I hated that bit@# - rolling up to the corners in her Benz, acting like the beauty queen of the ghetto, pushing her son down the worst possible path in life. Ironic that WeeBay made the best parenting decision of the season by convincing that POS mother of Namond's to let him go. It looks like Bunny Colvin might be on his way to saving him, but that ending scene gave me the idea that Namond isn't out of the woods just yet. You can take the kid out of the ghetto, but...

So, I don't blame the system or life like was stated earlier. I blame the parents. These irresponsible types who are spitting out kids into a position in life where they have very few opportunities or choices. My kids have teachers, they have coaches, they know cops. But those people are not responsible for raising them. They are a help. They re-inforce the lessons that I try to impart to my kids, they do their part. But if you think after watching this season of TheWire that parents aren't to blame, you missed the point IMO.

As always a great, thought provoking, difficult, heartbreaking, brilliant season of what is so easily the best show on TV it's not even close. Can't wait until next year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

After watching the past 3 shows I get the feeling that there are completely different worlds just in our own country. You think you have "problems" living in a middle class white neighborhood and then you engross your self in this show and realize man every thing is relative. I actually had my 16 year old son watch the last 3 episodes to explain to him how good he has it. He worries about who has the best ipod or skateboard. Man these kids , althought it is fictional are literally fighting to live. Randy, god what a sad story line. Michael is going to come back next season and be a bad ass.This is a great show and just like the Shield I can't wait till it comes on again.