Thread: conversation with The Schwab

conversation with The Schwab

Last Monday, in Howie Schwab's weekly Sportsnation chat appearance on ESPN.com, I asked who the better team was - Jets or Giants. He responded that the Jets were right now but that a healthy Giants team had more talent.

SOooooo.. I asked him the same question today, and I think you'll all get a kick out of the response:

Dave (NY)
    Last Monday I asked you who was a better team - the Jets or the Giants - and you said Jets but G-Men when they're healthy. Still feel the same after the healthy(ish) G-Men still couldn't muster up a win yesterday while Gang Green mopped the floor with the Pack?

HOWIE SCHWAB
    Yes, I remember the question and after yesterday I have to say it is a toss-up. I commented this morning that Eric Mangini is a legitimate candidate for Coach of the Year, Blowing out the Packers the way they did, at Lambeau, was impressive.

I can post the link if anyone likes, but as soon as the chat's over it turns to ESPN Insider premium content so it won't be useful for too long..

Hall Of Fame
    Everybody is going to start to jump on the Jets bandwagon now that they are winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Notice: We ask that all fans keep themselves from jumping on the jets bandwagon, we will need ample space for my "i told you so" once the jets go to the playoffs.

- Thank You
    Management

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Everybody is going to start to jump on the Jets bandwagon now that they are winning.
    It's like that with EVERY TEAM in the NFL. 4 weeks ago, the Giants were the 2nd best team in the NFC. Now they're falling apart at the seams. 3 weeks ago, the Broncos - Colts matchup was an AFC championship game preview. Now the Broncos are in a dogfight for a wild-card spot.

All you need is one impressive showing or one horrible showing to change folks' minds when it comes to the NFL.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Except that the Giants are not exactly healthy. They were missing Toomer, Petitgout and Strahan.

3 pretty key guys.

I think its safe to say that the Giants, when healthy, are a more talented team. Doesn't mean they are a better team though. Thus far, we've demonstrated that we are a far better coached team.

Overall, at this point in the season, I think we are a better team, by a nose.

The Giants have also played an absolutely brutal schedule. Ours has been pretty weak by comparison.