Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give It A Rest

Moderator VIP Visionary

Give It A Rest

Pennington is the Man as of right now. Eric Mangini's great coaching has the Jets playing very competitively. He is using Schott and Chad incredibly well to solve the problems of winning this week's football game. You can bet your bottom dollar that EM thinks he has a SuperBowl team right here. Why? Because he takes it one game at a time. (He will wait for the end of road to determine what kind of team he has).

It's pretty sad to see the Haters rushing in to be heard, lest Chad actually has success, and keeps his job for the 2007 campaign.

NEWS FLASH: Mangini will let YOU know when CP is moving on. Right now, Chad is the most exciting Jets QB since VT in 1998. He's not fragile (as Mario Williams has shown us), and he's older, but smarter: he's running the shotgun and the hurry-up/no-huddle expertly. Chad knows how to pressure defenses.

However, per EM, it is still "week to week" who plays. But you know he's loving Chad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive
    Pennington is the Man as of right now. Eric Mangini's great coaching has the Jets playing very competitively. He is using Schott and Chad incredibly well to solve the problems of winning this week's football game. You can bet your bottom dollar that EM thinks he has a SuperBowl team right here. Why? Because he takes it one game at a time. (He will wait for the end of road to determine what kind of team he has).

It's pretty sad to see the Haters rushing in to be heard, lest Chad actually has success, and keeps his job for the 2007 campaign.

NEWS FLASH: Mangini will let YOU know when CP is moving on. Right now, Chad is the most exciting Jets QB since VT in 1998. He's not fragile (as Mario Williams has shown us), and he's older, but smarter: he's running the shotgun and the hurry-up/no-huddle expertly. Chad knows how to pressure defenses.

However, per EM, it is still "week to week" who plays. But you know he's loving Chad

Rookie
    I'm loving Chad too...... And I am loving Mangini, and you know this man. Like Mike Greenberg said this AM on Mike and Mike regarding Mangini, "I love him more than a friend". In Mangini I trust!!!!

Worm

Hall Of Fame
    Nice post. I agree our team is doing well. The best thing that could happen is to go into the playoffs and give this young team some experience. For the time being I'm happy with Pennington performance. He aint perfect but who is. Did anybody see Cutler throw away the game with a rookie mistake. He was supposed to be the savior and Denver has our same record. I think the same thing would happen if Ramsey or Clemens was put in right now.

Banned
    none of 'us' start the threads... we just post in 'em.

Me too...I just love Chad.....

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    Nice post. I agree our team is doing well. The best thing that could happen is to go into the playoffs and give this young team some experience. For the time being I'm happy with Pennington performance. He aint perfect but who is. Did anybody see Cutler throw away the game with a rookie mistake. He was supposed to be the savior and Denver has our same record. I think the same thing would happen if Ramsey or Clemens was put in right now.
    I was going to bring up Cutler.

We gotta get Kellen reps lets watch this season now. The coach has things under control.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKA1127
    Me too...I just love Chad.....
    Same here........

Hall Of Fame
    i hear ya West Coast.

i also don't mind the gunslinger mentality Chad's developed.

its fun to watch, even tho the INTs go up.

All Pro
    You can bet your bottom dollar that EM thinks he has a SuperBowl team right here. Why? Because he takes it one game at a time. (He will wait for the end of road to determine what kind of team he has).
    come on westy you didn't hear? Most of the board says 2 years from now is when the jets will make the big dance. Apparently 1095 days is how long it it takes to cook a champion. Oh yeah dude they've got it all figured out. We won't lose any coaches to other jobs, players to FA or injuries-- what you see now will be exactly what we see in 08' except we'll be a juggernaut simply because those magical 1095 days have elapsed.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Threads criticizing the critics are always good fun...

As HeMan said, we aren't starting these threads but are responding to the love fest. This weeks was entitled something to the effect of "take that you Chad bashing Chumps" Of course this was done at the end of the first half only to see Pennington open the second half with 2 INT's, but whose counting...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster

As HeMan said, we aren't starting these threads but are responding to the love fest. This weeks was entitled something to the effect of "take that you Chad bashing Chumps" Of course this was done at the end of the first half only to see Pennington open the second half with 2 INT's, but whose counting...

did you really give those 2 INT's any thought ?

why ?

the game was never in doubt.

why would you give a rats ass about them ?

Moderator VIP Visionary

Ha ha you are a First Responder.

I didn't say starting threads; I said rushing to get your opinion in.

You guys don't read so gud.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    come on westy you didn't hear? Most of the board says 2 years from now is when the jets will make the big dance. Apparently 1095 days is how long it it takes to cook a champion. Oh yeah dude they've got it all figured out. We won't lose any coaches to other jobs, players to FA or injuries-- what you see now will be exactly what we see in 08' except we'll be a juggernaut simply because those magical 1095 days have elapsed.
    LOL, have always wanted to put up such a post but never wrote it out. well said, and this should be repeated over and over for the "we're building for 2-3 years from now" people. get real, this is the NFL. you play to win today.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Last 2 games, both victories....49-of-66 for 549 yards and three touchdowns!We should bench the guy!

Banned

maybe if people stopped begging us to respond with dumbass threads like, take that chad haters... or resign chad now... seriously...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    did you really give those 2 INT's any thought ?

why ?

the game was never in doubt.

why would you give a rats ass about them ?
    I didn't and even argued that point in another thread. If you look at the original thread in question, the thread starter brought it up and semi apologized..

Hall Of Fame

Honestly, I didn't read the whole post, kind of skimmed it and chuckled a bit.

Then I was surprised by it's author, you are an enigma to me..

Veteran

I like Chad. But I can also be realistic about him...
    Maybe he can't get us to the Super Bowl.
    Maybe his physical shortcommings are too much to overcome.
    Maybe he is not the future for the NYJ.

But right now, December. 2006. He is the best QB we have, and even if he isn't everything you might want him to be, he is getting the job done.
    The team that months ago most saw at 8-8 at the best, Is making a push for the Playoffs! It's safe to say that this team has far exceeded what people expected of them.
    So I ask you, If Chad is not the answer, If Chad can simply can not get it done, and we need to look for the next franchise QB. Is it really that awful to have Chad Pennington behind center for a couple years while our Rookie develops, and learns the game? If Chad is not the answer, at least we have someone like him to keep the team competitive untill our "Real" future is ready - It could be alot worse.

Our team is doing great! Lets stop worring about wheather or not to "Bash" our QB. Lets give our full support to our players on our team, All 53 of them

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Honestly, I didn't read the whole post, kind of skimmed it and chuckled a bit.

Then I was surprised by it's author, you are an enigma to me..
    You know, when Chad doesn't do well, I would bet that Mangini takes it very hard. I think he takes the Chicago loss very hard and we can wonder if he thinks about whether Chad can help him beat a Top 10, or #1 ranked, defense consistently. But the great thing is that Mangini won't dwell on that.

Right now he is coaching so well that there is something happening to Pennington, and I want to enjoy it. Last week Chad got up off the mat; a couple of days ago he turned heads. He's looking "game tough" again, and Mangini is ready to ride this hot streak. Everybody is working hard to be consistent and keep the pressure (for 60 minutes a game) on the opponent.

Well, I'm parched. Any more Kool-aid around?