Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Am I wrong for doing this?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003

    Question Am I wrong for doing this?

    So my father is coming here for the week, and his birthday is on Thursday. I bought him two tickets to the Dolphins/Patriots game on Sunday..but he doesnt know it yet. (he's a fish fan) I know he is going to want me to go with him, but I don't want to because then I will mss the Jets game. Is this wrong because it's his birthday? I want to give the other ticket to my Grandfather (his Dad)...so it's not that bad, right?

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    804
    It is a father son game. So either way you win. It comes down to what you want to do for him.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,233
    You are wrong. Tape the game and go with him to it. It will mean much more than you can imagine. There are times when the Jets are secondary, family always comes first. IMO

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    So my father is coming here for the week, and his birthday is on Thursday. I bought him two tickets to the Dolphins/Patriots game on Sunday..but he doesnt know it yet. (he's a fish fan) I know he is going to want me to go with him, but I don't want to because then I will mss the Jets game. Is this wrong because it's his birthday? I want to give the other ticket to my Grandfather (his Dad)...so it's not that bad, right?
    If you think of your Dad you go with him! If you just think of yourself you don't!

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,793
    Tell him to take whoever he wants. If he asks you to go, go and tape the Jets game.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Lynbrook, NY
    Posts
    2,883
    You'll both be pulling for the Fish.

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    So my father is coming here for the week, and his birthday is on Thursday. I bought him two tickets to the Dolphins/Patriots game on Sunday..but he doesnt know it yet. (he's a fish fan) I know he is going to want me to go with him, but I don't want to because then I will mss the Jets game. Is this wrong because it's his birthday? I want to give the other ticket to my Grandfather (his Dad)...so it's not that bad, right?
    Just buy him a call girl to attend the game with him.

    He'd like that much better than going with you, plus, you get to watch the Jets game.

  8. #8
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    So my father is coming here for the week, and his birthday is on Thursday. I bought him two tickets to the Dolphins/Patriots game on Sunday..but he doesnt know it yet. (he's a fish fan) I know he is going to want me to go with him, but I don't want to because then I will mss the Jets game. Is this wrong because it's his birthday? I want to give the other ticket to my Grandfather (his Dad)...so it's not that bad, right?
    Go to the game with your old man and DVR the Jets game.

    If they win, you'll be happy they won and will be excited to watch the tape of the game. If they lose, you'll be happy you didn't watch it live in the first place.

    Either way, you'll have made your father happy. Im guessing he's made countless sacrifices for you that you don't even know about.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    it depends on who your pops would have a better time with at the game, you or your grandpa

    if it's grandpops then sit at home guilt free otherwise tape the game and follow it on the out of town scoreboard.

    in terms of pure football i believe the Fins/Pats game will end with a closer final score and be very entertaining. Last week's Jets game was over by 2:30pm.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,625
    IMO you should have talked to your grandfather about it, got him to buy a ticket and have all 3 of you attend the game. A father going to a game with his son and his own father would have been the best for him. Since that can't happen you should tape the game and go with him. He will appreciate it much more.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sactown, NorCal
    Posts
    3,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Tell him to take whoever he wants. If he asks you to go, go and tape the Jets game.
    His son got him the tickets! If he doesn't ask him, then he's the WRONG one!

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the 90's
    Posts
    28,412
    I say go with him. You never know when it will be the last time god forbid. I learned that from experience their was so much more I wanted to do with my father that I never had the chance to. Please go!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    8,003
    All good advice.. I know my grandfather would LOVE to go to the game..he doesnt get to go often. He has always been a dolphin fan..but also roots for the Jets because of me. If it was a Jets game I would give up a ticket for my grandfather..so It's not out of the ordinary to begin with. I think that my father would like me there, but I can't see him being upset about going with his father..seing as that they live 2,000 miles apart. I go home for all of the major holidays so it's not as if we don't see eachother regularly. Plus his birthday is on Thursday...not Sunday..so I will take him to dinner Thursday anyway. I don't think he would mind if I tell him I got him and grandpa tickets to the game..

  14. #14
    It's totally win-win, but I give you props for including HIS Dad as an option before you. Shows a certain respect for the elders, something that is rapidly disappearing in our materialistic, youth-centric culture. Your grandfather will appreciate this very much and he has both more time lived on this planet and, statistically, potentially less to live. Good for acknowledging your seniors!!!!!!IMHO

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Just buy him a call girl to attend the game with him.

    He'd like that much better than going with you, plus, you get to watch the Jets game.
    what is a call girl?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    10,890
    Quote Originally Posted by CV 40
    You'll both be pulling for the Fish.
    You changed your name..I remember that avatar..what, does #2 have a revolution going on here??

    OH...P2C..Stop being so selfish for once and go to the game with your father..if he knows you are giving up the Jets game to be with him..you have no clue how much that will mean to him..

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    541
    I'm sort of in a similar situation...I got invited by my girlfriends dad to go with his and her to the giants/saints game Christmas eve...I'm obviously not gonna miss the jets game bc they're on xmas day, but i really don't wanna go...if i was to say no i would feel bad and my g/f would prob get pissed at me...if I'm to go its gonna be awkward bc i would be so tempted to root for the saints but not wanna get my ass kicked by any giants fans....

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    You changed your name..I remember that avatar..what, does #2 have a revolution going on here??

    OH...P2C..Stop being so selfish for once and go to the game with your father..if he knows you are giving up the Jets game to be with him..you have no clue how much that will mean to him..
    Bill its time for a gum break, damnit

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    10,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16
    Bill its time for a gum break, damnit
    I want you to change your user name to ...?... in honor of the legendary #2's Chad revolution here on JI

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,931
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    I want you to change your user name to ...?... in honor of the legendary #2's Chad revolution here on JI
    wait, what do you want me to change my name too??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us