Thread: Need Help Attaining a Wayne Chrebet Jersey

Hall Of Fame

Need Help Attaining a Wayne Chrebet Jersey

Hey all,

Like any Jet fan over the age of 21 or so should, of course I own a Wayne Chrebet jersey. However, it was purchased in about 1997 and it has been through thick and thin and shows its age.

I currently own a new with tags Curtis Martin jersey that I don't intend on ever wearing. I own it because when my wife and I purchase a house and move out of our condo, the Curtis Martin jersey will then be framed and hung on the wall in MY (not the wive's) basement. I want to do the same with a Wayne Chrebet jersey but the one I currently own is not in the "frame and hang on the wall" shape.

I don't want an authentic or signed jersey. I would just like a Reebok (preferrably white and XL but so not going to be picky about that), replica Wayne Chrebet jersey.

Also, has anyone ever owned a Puma NFL jersey? I could get one of those but I just never saw the quality (or lack there of) of a Puma NFL jersey.

If anyone has one they would be willing to sell or knows where I can get one, please help.

-TIA.

Veteran
    I actually just picked one up about a month ago...Check your local Marshall's store...That's where I found mine, size L, green, no defects....$24.99...Marshall's sells overstock and irregular items, etc, so you may get lucky and find one like me!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneChrebet
    I actually just picked one up about a month ago...Check your local Marshall's store...That's where I found mine, size L, green, no defects....$24.99...Marshall's sells overstock and irregular items, etc, so you may get lucky and find one like me!!
    Cool.

I have a Marshall's or two nearby I can check and I'm going to go check Marshalls.com right now. Thanks!

Anyone else?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Cool.

I have a Marshall's or two nearby I can check and I'm going to go check Marshalls.com right now. Thanks!

Anyone else?
    You may or may not find anything online, b/c each store has a totally different, and sometimes very random, inventory.

Good Luck!

All League
    Hey all,

Like any Jet fan over the age of 21 or so should, of course I own a Wayne Chrebet jersey. However, it was purchased in about 1997 and it has been through thick and thin and shows its age.

I currently own a new with tags Curtis Martin jersey that I don't intend on ever wearing. I own it because when my wife and I purchase a house and move out of our condo, the Curtis Martin jersey will then be framed and hung on the wall in MY (not the wive's) basement. I want to do the same with a Wayne Chrebet jersey but the one I currently own is not in the "frame and hang on the wall" shape.

I don't want an authentic or signed jersey. I would just like a Reebok (preferrably white and XL but so not going to be picky about that), replica Wayne Chrebet jersey.

Also, has anyone ever owned a Puma NFL jersey? I could get one of those but I just never saw the quality (or lack there of) of a Puma NFL jersey.

If anyone has one they would be willing to sell or knows where I can get one, please help.

-TIA.
    You can check on ebay as well.

As for the Puma jerseys, yes I own several of them. I collect jerseys, and I have Cox, Testaverde, and Martin replicas by Puma. They are the same quality as the other replica jerseys. I actually like the Puma ones the best because I like Puma a lot. Hope this helps. I am also looking for a Chrebet white Puma jersey. I have a Chrebet, but it is the old kelly green style (it is one of my fav jerseys).

Veteran
    Hey all,

-TIA.
    As a last resort you could always order a customized replica jersey and just make it a Chrebet jersey. This, I'm sure would be the more expensive option, so just as a last resort if you can't find one but I'm sure you will be able to.

Also, Check ebay. They go for pennies.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121
    You can check on ebay as well.

As for the Puma jerseys, yes I own several of them. I collect jerseys, and I have Cox, Testaverde, and Martin replicas by Puma. They are the same quality as the other replica jerseys. I actually like the Puma ones the best because I like Puma a lot. Hope this helps. I am also looking for a Chrebet white Puma jersey. I have a Chrebet, but it is the old kelly green style (it is one of my fav jerseys).
    I actually can purchase a Puma one right now but if you can follow this:

The Reebok jerseys are "jersey material" through and through except for one area on the sleave that is a different, more of a "stretchy fabric" material. The Puma jerseys don't seem to have that. Do they look "cheaper" then the Reebok? Or, if one is hanging on one wall, and one hanging on another, you probably won't even notice a difference?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JMJ; 12-04-2006 at 07:58 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322
    As a last resort you could always order a customized replica jersey and just make it a Chrebet jersey. This, I'm sure would be the more expensive option.
    If I spend that extra dough at this point and order a customizable one, you best believe it would read:

Cotchery

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Reebok jerseys are "jersey material" through and through except for one area on the sleave that is a different, more of a "fabric" materia. The Puma jerseys don't seem to have that. Do they look "cheaper" then the Reebok? Or, if one is hanging on one wall, and one hanging on another, you probably won't even notice a difference?

Thanks in advance.
    Puma made the Jerseys in 1999. Without the NFL shield on them. Reebok put the NFL equipment logo on the replicas and are made much much better.

All League

The Reebok jerseys are "jersey material" through and through except for one area on the sleave that is a different, more of a "stretchy fabric" material. The Puma jerseys don't seem to have that. Do they look "cheaper" then the Reebok? Or, if one is hanging on one wall, and one hanging on another, you probably won't even notice a difference?

Thanks in advance.
    I honestly think it is the same material. If you frame it and hang it on the wall I really dont think you can see a difference. The only difference will be that on top of the number on the sleeve, you will be a Puma logo instead of a Reebok logo. I think that would be the only difference.

How much can you get the Puma Chrebet jersey?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121
    I honestly think it is the same material. If you frame it and hang it on the wall I really dont think you can see a difference. The only difference will be that on top of the number on the sleeve, you will be a Puma logo instead of a Reebok logo. I think that would be the only difference.

How much can you get the Puma Chrebet jersey?
    No. They look much cheaper.

JetsInsider.com Legend

eww

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS

eww
    Good call.

There is a white Puma Chrebet jersey on ebay now. $20 after shipping and handling. XXL.

I'm going to keep trying to find a Reebok.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Hall Of Fame
    Yup.

I found Paragon and two other sites that have them. I'm trying to find a white one if possible because that is the color of the Curtis. If I don't find one buy tomorrow or so, I'm going to grab this one.

Thanks SBIII!

Undrafted Free Agent
    I Have A White Xl Reebok Jersery. Pm Me For More Info