Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comments About Jets - MNF Postgame

Veteran

Comments About Jets - MNF Postgame

Don't know who's watching the Monday Night Football game but they mentioned that on the Sports Center Postgame report they will be talking about why the Jets are "Not for Real" and why we will miss the Playoffs.

Its on now, I'll try to come back and post what was said.
    This should be interesting...
    Last edited by NDubz; 12-05-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    well, they said 1 guy was going to say why we won't make it, its not the networks opinion

that's what they do, give opinions that generate interest

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    my opinon is that the MNF crew is laughably bad. Kornheiser actually has me wishing they would give Dennis Miller a call.

Veteran
    well, they said 1 guy was going to say why we won't make it, its not the networks opinion

I thought they said in general they were going to say why the Jets aren't for real. I didn't think they said it was one guy in particular that felt that way.

Either way, I want to hear what they have to say, I thought other people might feel the same way. Its nice for the Jets to be getting any press what so ever, The entire season the media has just talked about the Giants and never mention more than a blurb about the Jets. Its nice to hear them being talked about on Prime Time. I'm interested to hear what they have to say about us.

Sorry if you aren't interested.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by player1322
    I thought they said in general they were going to say why the Jets aren't for real. I didn't think they said it was one guy in particular that felt that way.

Either way, I want to hear what they have to say, I thought other people might feel the same way. Its nice for the Jets to be getting any press what so ever, The entire season the media has just talked about the Giants and never mention more than a blurb about the Jets. Its nice to hear them being talked about on Prime Time. I'm interested to hear what they have to say about us.

Sorry if you aren't interested.
    I'm interested. I just think the MNF crew is a disgrace.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    my opinon is that the MNF crew is laughably bad. Kornheiser actually has me wishing they would give Dennis Miller a call.
    its really bad.

you know what would work ?

mike tirico to do play by play and keep the broadcast professional

aikman or simms to do color

then, a different celebrity guest every week. I thought charles barkley was great when he did his 10 mins in AZ

stuff like that. comedians, actors, just change it up and make it interesting

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566
    I'm interested. I just think the MNF crew is a disgrace.
    Sorry, I wasn't responding to you.
    I don't like the crew either. I think Irvin just ruins it for me. He's so full of himself, whenever they discuss a reciever he always just compares them to himself. Like he's the gold standard for all Wideouts...

Rookie
    it sounded like they said "sean salisbury will say why the surprising jets wont make the playoffs"

Veteran
    Yeah Salisbury's the one who thinks we won't make it.

He was ALSO the one who said we'd easily have a top 3 pick in next year's draft, so take it with a grain of salt.

Veteran
    its really bad.

then, a different celebrity guest every week. I thought charles barkley was great when he did his 10 mins in AZ

I miss Madden and Michaels. I think ESPN does a better job than ABC with covering the game (The entire day leading up to MNF is almost all about football and the game that night)
    But I think the Crew isn't that great, and the team match-up's we have been seeing most of the season have been pretty boring, which i realize has nothign to do with ESPN.
    I like sunday night football. The crew is better and IMO the teams playing are more interesting.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVilma
    it sounded like they said "sean salisbury will say why the surprising jets wont make the playoffs"
    Sorry guys, My bad.

All Pro
    its really bad.

I'm not all that high on Tirico either... seems to me he's ecstatic to be there and doesn't want to say anything to mess it up. makes him boring imo.

what's with the mock tension between Kornhole and Theeeesman? Nothing like 60 year olds acting tough in the booth to ruin a game.

those 3 morons interviewing Christian Slater a couple weeks ago was some of the most painful television I've ever witnessed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Yeah Salisbury's the one who thinks we won't make it.

He was ALSO the one who said we'd easily have a top 3 pick in next year's draft, so take it with a grain of salt.
    You have to take it all with a grain of salt, I think most are a little unwilling to admit they were wrong when they said the Jets would be horrible. I'm just interested to hear what their reasoning is. On paper, because of the teams we are playing the next 4 week's, we actually have the best shot of all the 7-5 teams at a wildcard spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Well so far, they are ready to declare that the Falcons are back because they beat the awesome Redskins. Yet, somehow we shouldn't get excited about the jets? lol, espn how i hate you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    Well so far, they are ready to declare that the Falcons are back because they beat the awesome Redskins. Yet, somehow we shouldn't get excited about the jets? lol, espn how i hate you.
    Ugh the Falcons are a joke.
    Its amazing what passes for a playoff team when you plan in the NFC

Hall Of Fame
    Ugh the Falcons are a joke.
    Its amazing what passes for a playoff team when you plan in the NFC
    More Michael Vick Pole Riding. It never ends really. Most over rated athelete in pro sports right now.

Veteran
    Its comming up after this commercial.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby2glocks
    More Michael Vick Pole Riding. It never ends really. Most over rated athelete in pro sports right now.
    If the Falcons do make it, they will not go far. Vick does not have to tools to be a super bowl QB. They need a smart QB, not a glorified RB.

Vick makes me appreciate what we have in Chad. Vick has all the athletic ability in the world, but just doesn't have the smarts to put it togather and become an elite QB

Hall Of Fame
    more basketball. i dont believe im waiting to hear this nonsense.

Hall Of Fame
    If the Falcons do make it, they will not go far. Vick does not have to tools to be a super bowl QB. They need a smart QB, not a glorified RB.

Vick makes me appreciate what we have in Chad. Vick has all the athletic ability in the world, but just doesn't have the smarts to put it togather and become an elite QB
    Absolutely, and he also has some pretty bad accuracy, regardless of his receivers droping passes.

They be better off with Schaubb, who is a free agent at the end of the year i believe.