Thread: We need and early lead

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We need an early lead

From here on out the Jets need an early lead..Our weakness is stopping the run...When we get up early teams have to go away from running the ball...

Look at last week, Ahman Green had only 14 carries for 102 yards..Thats 7.3 yards a pop...Can you imagine if they were able to run the ball 25-30 times..Even down by allot they were still running with success but eventually had to go away from it..We are still giving up too many rushing yards

Of course all teams like to play with a lead but I think it is very important for the Jets to get up early...If we are losing and we cant stop the run thats how games get away..

People can say we need to draft or sign a pash rusher or OLB but it is so clear the Jets need to focus on stopping the run better in 07..Even games we are winning we are giving up too many rushing yards...That has to get better..I do agree we need an upgrade over Kimo at end and could use an edge rusher but the team is getting better at putting pressure on the QB...

Get up early, especially agaisnt these bad teams we have remaining..Then they cant exploit our biggest weakness and that is stopping the run..
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-05-2006 at 07:14 AM.

Practice Squad
    I thought Ahman's numbers were a little deceptive. I think 2 of his runs were for 20 yards or more after we had a big lead (playing the pass to prevent the big play). Granted, the Jets run defense is still a work in progress but I think there has been improvement.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    I thought Ahman's numbers were a little deceptive. I think 2 of his runs were for 20 yards or more after we had a big lead (playing the pass to prevent the big play). Granted, the Jets run defense is still a work in progress but I think there has been improvement.
    No doubt there has been improvement..But it still remains our biggest weakness on D...And when the Jets are up ealry and keep a lead teams cant just pound the rock...

All Pro
    I'm not too concerned with a team that is behing 31 points in the first half to end a game with 100 yds rushing. That says that our defense is dictating what their offense should do.