Thread: Wild Card Race Graphic

Banned

All League
    Notes:

Jags play KC, NE, IND (all help for us one way or another)

KC has Ravens and Chargers (two losses)

CIN plays Denver (good for us) and IND (good for us)

DEN plays Chargers (GOOD) and CIN.

It almost looks like two losses on each of those teams.

CIN (10-6)
    OAK - W
    IND - L
    DEN - W
    PIT - W

DEN (8-8)
    SD - L
    ARZ - L
    CIN - L
    SF - W

KC (9-7)
    BAL - L
    SD - L
    OAK - W
    JAC - W

JAG (8-8)
    IND - L
    TEN - L
    NE - W
    KC - L

If Miami can beat New England we are still in the hunt for the AFC East.

BZ
    Last edited by BwanaZulia; 12-05-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Banned
    The jets are also the only team on there that dosent have a game remaining against a wild card contender

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
    Notes:

Jags play KC, NE, IND (all help for us one way or another)

KC has Ravens and Chargers (two losses)

CIN plays Denver (good for us) and IND (good for us)

DEN plays Chargers (GOOD) and CIN.

It almost looks like two losses on each of those teams.

CIN (11-6)
    OAK - W
    IND - L
    DEN - W
    PIT - W

DEN (8-8)
    SD - L
    ARZ - L
    CIN - L
    SF - W

KC (9-6)
    BAL - L
    SD - L
    OAK - W
    JAC - W

JAG (8-8)
    IND - L
    TEN - L
    NE - W
    KC - L

If Miami can beat New England we are still in the hunt for the AFC East.

BZ
    Cincinnati would be 10-6 and KC would be 9-7

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist
    Cincinnati would be 10-6 and KC would be 9-7
    Edited... Thanks.

I was switching back and forth to the graphic. Math is bad.

BZ

JetsFan2012
    looks like JAX and KC have the hardest schedules...

IMO, the best team in that scrum right now is Cinci. We need to run the table and win out.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 12-05-2006 at 11:09 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002
    The jets are also the only team on there that dosent have a game remaining against a wild card contender
    yeah these teams are playing each other which helps us dramatically. Its a dream situation.

Bad schedule or not though, we are playing so good right now, If I were a division winner, I would not want to face the Jets

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    looks like JAX and KC has the hardest schedule...

IMO, the best team in that scrum right now is Cinci. We need to run the table and win out.
    Agree...

Rookie
    Yep, it looks like if we play like the "New Jets" that we are we should have a clear path. How great would it be for us to be in the playoffs and Herm to be looking in from the outside. Not a big hater of Herm, but that look he had last week after the Browns field goal, looked all to familiar.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS
    yeah these teams are playing each other which helps us dramatically. Its a dream situation.

Bad schedule or not though, we are playing so good right now, If I were a division winner, I would not want to face the Jets

I really aggree with that completely, and I have been saying that to everybody for the past two weeks. If the Jets slip into the playoffs, I wouldn't want to play them whether I was the Colts, Pats, Chargers, Ravens or any other team. They are so well prepared and show up for a fight. We out played the Colts and just blew it in the end, we out played the Bears, which is the best the NFC has to offer, and we handed the Pats their arses last time out. Anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nico002

This is true................But

Mangini is right, we still have some tough games.

The Fish lost last week, but they have been one of the hottest teams in the league over the last month.

Their Playoffs were lost in the beginning of the season with the Culpepper situation.

The Bills are always tough for the Jets..........This is a monster game.

Where as the Jets are over achieving, the Vikes are under achieving. Dangerous team.

The Raiders suck, but they seem to have a curse on us.

The Jets must win 3-4, hopefully run the table.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think the Jets go 3-1, got a bad feeling Miami might trip us up, but that puts the Jets at 10-6

Jax - 9-7
    Indy - L
    Tenn - W
    NE - L
    KC - W

KC - 8-8
    Balt - L
    SD - L
    Oak - W
    Jax - L

Cincy - 9-7
    Oak - W
    Indy - L
    Den - L
    Pitt - W

Denver - 10-6
    SD - L
    Ari - W
    Cincy - W
    SF - W

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LETSGOJETS

Dont forget the Chiefs have a terrible conference record as well. Say the Bolts and Dolts get the bye which is the better situation to go to New England or Baltimore? I say Baltimore. You never know Boller might be behind center by that time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think we go 3-1 as well with a hicup against one of the AFC East teams we play. that would would give us a 10-6 record with a 7-5 AFC record.

Jets- 10-6 overall 7-5 AFC
    Buff- L
    @Minny- W
    @ Miami-W
    Oak- W

Jax as the hardest schedule but prob has their two hardest games at home. I think they will beat the colts at home ut lose to the pats ( I wished I could say that they lose to colts but beat the Pats but i dont see this happening)
    Jax - 9-7 Overal 6-6 AFC record
    Indy - W
    @Tenn - W
    NE - L
    @KC - L

Kansas City is a very good home team and I think they will win both of their games at home. They will lose to the chargers at home and beat the raiduhs away.

KC - 10-6 Overal 6-6 AFC
    Balt - W
    @SD - L
    @Oak - W
    Jax - W

Cincy is on a hot streak as of right now as they seem to get their defense back in check. They are the team I am most concerned about. They have are hot but have their two hardest games away which is good for us. I Do however see them beating Denver away but losing to the colts away.

Cincy - 10-6 Overall 8-4 AFC
    Oak - W
    @Indy - L
    @Den - W
    Pitt - W

Denver is a very hard team to predict. They have a very very good defense but with Jay cutler starting i see him making some rookie mistakes and causing them a lose or too.

Denver - 9-7 Overall 7-5 AFC
    @SD - L
    @Ari - W
    Cincy - L
    SF - W

All in all I think the Jets have a decent shot to get to the playoffs. The advantage that we have is both the schedule we have the the schedules that the teams that we compete with have. It really helps that the other 4 teams play against each other. The cincy Denver game is the game that we benefit the most from because one it gives one of the teams an overal loss on their record but also an AFC lose. From my predictions this really helps the jets b/c the loser ( in my predictions Denver will drop to 9-7 and miss the playoffs) will be on the outside looking in and will need a lot of help from Jets Jaqs and KC to loss two games. This also goes for the KC and jaqs game. This pretty much gives the Jets a one game cushion to lose (I hate saying that but its true) because the other two teams we r competeing with are guarentted another lose. This being said if we run the table we are in unless Denver and the jaqs run the table as well ( I still think we are in if this happens but I dont no all the itebreakers). That being said i feel we have a good shot to make the playoffs but we must take care of our business and the rest will fall into place. Just my 2 cents