Thread: Inland Empire

Veteran

Inland Empire

For anyone that is a David Lynch fan, Inland Empire is recieving a limited release on December 15th. Which of course means I'll probably never see it until it is released on DVD, living in upstate New York. It has been 5 years since Mulholland Dr. was released, which was one of my favorite movies, so I've been looking forward to this for a while. It's being maligned by a lot of critics but so was Lost Highway, and I loved every minute of that. Rolling Stone however gave it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars. The only thing I am skeptical about is that is was shot entirely with digital video, but hopefully it will add to the affect. Here is a link to the trailer on youtube, sadly it is only about a minute long.

Inland Empire Trailer

And here is the imdb link.

Inland Empire

Never rely on Rolling Stone's film reviews. Peter Travers has NEVER seen a movie he didn't like. It's almost sad really, go to rottentomatoes.com when it comes out and you'll get a compilation of film reviews from around the country and a percentage of good vs. bad reviews. INVALUBALE website if you like reading film reviews.

Veteran
    Yeah but with Lynch films it is really hard to get any insight from movie reviews, it is kind of a love or hate thing. I'm just glad to see someone enjoyed it.

Hall Of Fame
    That looks interesting. Lynch does some good work. Hey 80, I'm in Webster, nice to see another guy from the hinterland.

Banned
    have you seen the cartoon shorts he did called Dumbland? Pure quality. get it at Best Buy.