Thread: Playoffs or not.....

All League

Playoffs or not.....

We should all look at what we have in this Jets team:

They lack talent, they lack size, they lack a big-time "game-breaker" or a huge year from our defensive stud, Vilma, but, we have Kerry Rhodes, an absolute defensive revelation, and Andre Dyson, the league's least-known shut-down corner, and Bryan Thomas, a "bust" whose now worth every penny of his extension.

What we have here is a team poised, with the management and coaching team that we have in place, to be devastating for the next few years.

I don't care what anyone says, does, or thinks (especially you Collinsworth and Salisbury)....

MANGINI IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFL.

This team plays over it's head week-in and week-out and BUSTS IT'S ABSOLUTE BALLS.

Here's to reaping the rewards this offseason, 2 or 3 additions to a couple of positions and this team is going to start playing like it did this past Sunday's first half against Green Bay WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT!

I love it!

I bleed Green!!!

PRM-Die-hard, green-blooded fan since I was 6 years old in 1986 and suffered through Coslet, Kotite, Carroll, Walton, and Herm to have it come to this head.

WE WILL WIN A SUPERBOWL IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS!

Veteran

Hope your right.

Obviously a lot has to happen for that Super Bowl.....like the Chargers not becoming the 1990's Cowboys and keeping us out for years.

I agree about Eric - he's got these guys playing hard and smart (save for Schlegal). This year will only serve to season him some and I think he'll learn from some of his coaching errors. He'll also push the right buttons from this season harder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9

MANGINI IS THE BEST COACH IN THE NFL.
    You guys got to stop stroking your woody's.

Mangini IS NOT the best HC in the NFL, and it's not even close.

How can you make such ridiculous comments?

All League
    Here Here!!

I'm as excited as you are my friend, no matter what happens, we have SO MUCH to look forward to with this team.

And the Mangini factor is WAY underrated. You can tell our guys can SNIFF the playoffs. 1 thing is guaranteed every Sunday.. We are Prepared and we are ready... our effort is 110%

you cant say that about allot of teams

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

I was gonna ask you the same thing!

Undrafted Free Agent
    I am surprised that the preseason perception that the Jets have one of the least talented teams in the NFL has not changed (even amongst their own fanbase) despite their play this season. Obviously, Mangini has done a fabulous job getting this team ready to play with innovative game plans, shrewd in game adjustments, fabulous preparation, and excellent motivational ploys, but I am tired of hearing that this team does not have talent. That is not the case at all. Most "experts" and fans alike have taken this perception and ran with it throughout the year. It is just not true. I am not saying that the Jets have top 10 talent, but they are no worse than middle of the pack. Just to break it down real quickly...
    DEFENSE:
    Ellis (former pro bowler... good run stopper and has had several good sack seasons in terms of numbers) TALENTED PLAYER
    Robertson (1st round pick.. 4th overall... may not have lived up to the hype, but he is having a very good season this year, and nobody questions the physical attributes he has) TALENTED PLAYER
    B. Thomas (Another former first round pick... has been a solid player but never lived up to the hype until this year.. 6 1/2 sacks while being led by a coaching staff that maximizes potential) TALENTED PLAYER
    Barton (Always a solid player with the Raiders.. always over 100 tackles when healthy.. very tough and has good speed) TALENTED PLAYER
    Hobson (Former 2nd round pick... good run stopper and blitzer... Always strong at the point of attack.. good tackler and having a very good season) TALENTED PLAYER
    Vilma (Another 1st round pick.. Already a pro bowler.. Sideline to sideline speed.. great instincts and smarts.. may not fit scheme perfectly, but is still an outstanding linebacker) TALENTED PLAYER
    A. Dyson (Always considered a good cover corner with Tennessee.. Has 4 int. this year.. rarely gets beat..) TALENTED PLAYER
    Rhodes (Not much to say.. One of the best up and coming defensive players in the league.. Top 5 safety.. Big time playmaker.. Excellent speed and instincts) TALENTED PLAYER
    Coleman (Started since he was a rookie.. he does a solid job all around.. might be the least "talented" of the defensive guys I listed, but still a TALENTED PLAYER
    OFFENSE:
    Mangold (1st round pick.. Would probably make the pro bowl this year if he was not only a rookie.. Outstanding job getting off the ball and learning the blocking schemes so quickly) TALENTED PLAYER
    Dbrick (Another 1st round pick... Doing a great job adjusting to the NFL as an LT.. excellent pass blocker.. Run blocking will improve as he gains weight and continues to work on technique.. future pro bowler)
    (Ill leave out the other 3 lineman, but Kendall and Moore are both very good guards.. Clement has been ok this year, but can definitely be upgraded)
    Pennington (He just wins games.. look at the W/L record for the Jets with and without him.. night and day.. Very smart, has good instincts, solid under pressure, knows where to throw the ball and is very accurate.. Obviously, he lacks in arm strength, but I would argue that you have to be a pretty damn talented person to have his arm strength and still be successful in the NFL) TALENTED PLAYER
    Coles (Former pro bowler.. could be back this year.. great hands.. good speed.. great yac after the catch.. tough over the middle.. excellent receiver) TALENTED PLAYER
    Cotchery (Great potential.. broke Holt's records in college.. Good speed for his size.. excellent hands.. Also great yac.. fights for the ball and is tough.. one of the best young receivers out there right now) TALENTED PLAYER
    Washington (Great speed and vision.. great juking ability.. good hands out of the backfield.. lacks ideal size but put him up against anybody in open space and watch him dance by) TALENTED PLAYER
    Houston (Not as talented as Washington but good power:speed ratio... hits holes fast and finishes hard)
    B. Smith (adjusting to the position.. but has immense physical talented.. is already a factor.. could develop into a real good player in the next few years)
    Baker (very solid tight end.. good hands and yac for a TE.. also a good blocker.. Jets should use him more) TALENTED PLAYER
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obviously when I say "TALENTED PLAYER," some have more talent and potential than others, but my point is, this team is not the dregs of the NFL talent wise.. I wish everybody would open their eyes.. This team has a great young core, and is a few pieces away from being a big time contender on a consistent basis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Min81
    I am surprised that the preseason perception that the Jets have one of the least talented teams in the NFL has not changed (even amongst their own fanbase) despite their play this season. Obviously, Mangini has done a fabulous job getting this team ready to play with innovative game plans, shrewd in game adjustments, fabulous preparation, and excellent motivational ploys, but I am tired of hearing that this team does not have talent. That is not the case at all. Most "experts" and fans alike have taken this perception and ran with it throughout the year. It is just not true. I am not saying that the Jets have top 10 talent, but they are no worse than middle of the pack. Just to break it down real quickly...
    DEFENSE:
    Ellis (former pro bowler... good run stopper and has had several good sack seasons in terms of numbers) TALENTED PLAYER
    Robertson (1st round pick.. 4th overall... may not have lived up to the hype, but he is having a very good season this year, and nobody questions the physical attributes he has) TALENTED PLAYER
    B. Thomas (Another former first round pick... has been a solid player but never lived up to the hype until this year.. 6 1/2 sacks while being led by a coaching staff that maximizes potential) TALENTED PLAYER
    Barton (Always a solid player with the Raiders.. always over 100 tackles when healthy.. very tough and has good speed) TALENTED PLAYER
    Hobson (Former 2nd round pick... good run stopper and blitzer... Always strong at the point of attack.. good tackler and having a very good season) TALENTED PLAYER
    Vilma (Another 1st round pick.. Already a pro bowler.. Sideline to sideline speed.. great instincts and smarts.. may not fit scheme perfectly, but is still an outstanding linebacker) TALENTED PLAYER
    A. Dyson (Always considered a good cover corner with Tennessee.. Has 4 int. this year.. rarely gets beat..) TALENTED PLAYER
    Rhodes (Not much to say.. One of the best up and coming defensive players in the league.. Top 5 safety.. Big time playmaker.. Excellent speed and instincts) TALENTED PLAYER
    Coleman (Started since he was a rookie.. he does a solid job all around.. might be the least "talented" of the defensive guys I listed, but still a TALENTED PLAYER
    OFFENSE:
    Mangold (1st round pick.. Would probably make the pro bowl this year if he was not only a rookie.. Outstanding job getting off the ball and learning the blocking schemes so quickly) TALENTED PLAYER
    Dbrick (Another 1st round pick... Doing a great job adjusting to the NFL as an LT.. excellent pass blocker.. Run blocking will improve as he gains weight and continues to work on technique.. future pro bowler)
    (Ill leave out the other 3 lineman, but Kendall and Moore are both very good guards.. Clement has been ok this year, but can definitely be upgraded)
    Pennington (He just wins games.. look at the W/L record for the Jets with and without him.. night and day.. Very smart, has good instincts, solid under pressure, knows where to throw the ball and is very accurate.. Obviously, he lacks in arm strength, but I would argue that you have to be a pretty damn talented person to have his arm strength and still be successful in the NFL) TALENTED PLAYER
    Coles (Former pro bowler.. could be back this year.. great hands.. good speed.. great yac after the catch.. tough over the middle.. excellent receiver) TALENTED PLAYER
    Cotchery (Great potential.. broke Holt's records in college.. Good speed for his size.. excellent hands.. Also great yac.. fights for the ball and is tough.. one of the best young receivers out there right now) TALENTED PLAYER
    Washington (Great speed and vision.. great juking ability.. good hands out of the backfield.. lacks ideal size but put him up against anybody in open space and watch him dance by) TALENTED PLAYER
    Houston (Not as talented as Washington but good power:speed ratio... hits holes fast and finishes hard)
    B. Smith (adjusting to the position.. but has immense physical talented.. is already a factor.. could develop into a real good player in the next few years)
    Baker (very solid tight end.. good hands and yac for a TE.. also a good blocker.. Jets should use him more) TALENTED PLAYER
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obviously when I say "TALENTED PLAYER," some have more talent and potential than others, but my point is, this team is not the dregs of the NFL talent wise.. I wish everybody would open their eyes.. This team has a great young core, and is a few pieces away from being a big time contender on a consistent basis.
    Dude, there is an "enter" key on the right-side of your keyboard.

Try hitting it a few times.

You're right, TX. Everyone knows that this guy is the best coach.

And he sure has his players' backs, too. Just ask Tom Brady. And, NO, that wasn't a gay joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A Logical post would say he's the best of the Jet HC's of the last 6 years!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Haha Tx.. I did hit enter after I finished analyzing each player.. It's just not double spaced.. I have not posted in forever so I am rusty.. but the fact that you attacked that instead of the post is the reason why I just usually read the site instead of writing on it.. It is just annoying

Hall Of Fame
    Another big draft with 2 #twos and a few free agents thrown in and we'll have an awsum team next year. This year is for fun.

All League
    The Jets have plenty of talent, dont let the preseason talk by the media fool you. All we need is a RB, and for Clemens to take over.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet
    The Jets have plenty of talent, dont let the preseason talk by the media fool you. All we need is a RB, and for Clemens to take over.

?? Why do we need Clemens to take over?

we are a running back away from Pennington to dominate.. if Houston can run like he did last week, we will be allright

All League

U KNOW WHAT, U REALLY SUCK, SERIOUSLY, GO ON YOUR DAMNED PATS SITE. LOSER. I CAN'T WAIT TO SMACK YOU GUYS AROUND IN THE PLAYOFFS. I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH RHODES COLLAPSE BRADY'S LUNG, JUST LIKE MO LEWIS DID TO BLEDSOE.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolJet

Yeah, that will do it.

Practice Squad

Oh you are just like Belli - not acknowledging Mangini. You are so wrong, LMAO