Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery or Coles?

Hall Of Fame

Cotchery or Coles?

Undertstanding thta they feed off of each other and bring different aspects to teh offense and there is an age difference, I still wonder...

which player do you think is the better wide receiver right now?

personally I think Cotchery is getting better while Coles is probably as good as he is gonna be, which is still damn good but I see breater potential for Cotchery as he learns even more over the next season or two

its surprising how clutch Cotchery has become but I'm still not sure he is as good and as clutch as Coles is right now, what do you guys think?

Veteran
    I say Coles. He was getting a bunch more catches early this season, then teams caught on, and now Cotch gets half of them. If we had to keep one tho, would keep Cotch.

All League
    I think we have two #1 receivers. I agree Cotchery has not yet reached his full potential. It's a tough call who is better. I would say Coles at the moment but Cotchery may be better in the near future

Hall Of Fame
    Coles runs better routes and is quicker and faster. Cotchery was never a speed guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Coles-faster and angrier.

I'm still waiting for that "Wesley Walker" speed guy...Coles ain't it.

All Pro
    Defenses tend to tilt their coverages toward Coles, which is a big reason for Cotchery's success. I think L.C. is a solid #! guy, and Cotchery is an exceptional #2.

Veteran
    Your point about them being compliments is dead on - I'll take them both. Coles is still #1, Cotchery is definitely catching up and will probably be #1 within a few years...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    Undertstanding thta they feed off of each other and bring different aspects to teh offense and there is an age difference, I still wonder...

personally I think Cotchery is getting better while Coles is probably as good as he is gonna be, which is still damn good but I see breater potential for Cotchery as he learns even more over the next season or two

its surprising how clutch Cotchery has become but I'm still not sure he is as good and as clutch as Coles is right now, what do you guys think?

Everything Coles can do Cotchery can do better, just kidding or maybe not. If we judge them base on just the 06 season alone, I would say that they are pretty much even at this point in performance and in clutch plays for the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanFL
    I'm still waiting for that "Wesley Walker" speed guy...Coles ain't it.
    At risk of waking the Chad lovers, Moss wasn't it either until he left.

Banned
    Coles is still the #1 but Cotchery is seriously on his tail. i wouldnt be surprised if he overtakes him by next season.

Practice Squad
    cotch is an animal when the ball is near him you can tell he feels its his ball and he is not gonna be denied I think we have two # 1s

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green

there is NOTHING that Coles wont catch, right now id say the better receiver is LC, although they're both damn good

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Coles is not only the best WR on the team.

He's the best player on the team.

All Pro
    Coles is still better, but Cotchery is still developing. They are very similar, but Coles has more speed, and ultimately since they are very similar in almost every other aspect, I don't see how Cotchery can ever be any better or as good. He can get very close, though, which is great. I am hoping Brad Smith will one day be the homerun threat.

All League
    it's not even close whos better. Is this thread a joke?

and here's a side note: ONE of them is covered by the #1 CB all the time, and is also double-teamed a lot more.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Coles would be a better reciever with a different QB.

Cotch is taylor made for Chad's skills.

Hall Of Fame
    its coles.

One thing that always jumps out at me with this kid is he NEVER gets out-fought for the ball. He attacks it.

add great hands, toughness, chemistry with chad, its gotta be

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by #2
    I think Coles would be a better reciever with a different QB.

Cotch is taylor made for Chad's skills.
    Good point!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Genius
    it's not even close whos better. Is this thread a joke?

and here's a side note: ONE of them is covered by the #1 CB all the time, and is also double-teamed a lot more.

lmao, bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah it WAS a joke, glad you got it funny guy