Thread: I am sick of Chad as our QB!!

All Pro

I am sick of Chad as our QB!!

I am done w/ the Penny era. I really am! That "deer in thge headlights" performance rears its head once again. It always will with him. I really think we should move on next year. That beas game in December 02 was a red flad and the Raiders playoff game was a huge red flag. These performances continue to plage his his career. he's fine with 17 point lead, he is horrible when the chips are down. Enough already!

All Pro
    he's an average QB with a horrible arm.

Veteran
    the thing with him is when it rains it pours, he rarely has a game when its just like 1 int. its always like 3 ints or 2 ints and a fumble.

if he turns the ball over he's gonna do it in bundles.

ill tell ya its not all his fault this game the team has played horrible but he's def a big part of it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Chad can only play with the lead!!!

End of story

Im sick of it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET
    Chad can only play with the lead!!!

End of story

Im sick of it
    well said. he just has so many limitations. 2 minute O he is horrible. Big defecit he is useless. It is time to move on!

Veteran
    I usually support Pennington but he has not been able to get it done today at all. As others have said, he can not play from behind. I don't blame everything on Pennington though. D'Brick was a D'saster today. Schobel constantly beat him and it was sickening. Pennington looked like a deer in headlights today though. He looked afraid in the pocket which is scary as a fan.

I don't think it's necessarily all his fault. He is a decent QB but he alone can not win games against very good defenses. He's not Peyton Manning. Maybe if the Jets had a dynamic RB or WR then Pennington could have an off day and the Jets could still win. But the Jets really don't so it is up to Pennington to lead the brigade.

So I'm not saying give up on Pennington but if you're gonna keep him surround him with some more weapons.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29
    So I'm not saying give up on Pennington but if you're gonna keep him surround him with some more weapons.
    The only weapon that would help Chad is a howitzer attached to his right shoulder!

All Pro
    He's just very limited -- he doesn't have the ability to make plays. A gamebreaker like Santana Moss could barely do anything with him... He's clearly not the long term answer, but I'd be willing to give him one more season.

He's not a great QB, but we can win with him. There were other problems today.

No more chances for Pennington. He breaks too easily in big games. I don't want to see his face around here anymore. I don't want to see dinks with 5 minutes to go down by 14 or more. I don't want to see stupid wobbler floater thingies go for interceptions for touchdowns. I don't want to see anything from him again. I am officially an anti-Pennington. I am finished being patient with this creep.

The Bills are in Chad's head. He just looks scared when he plays against them. They just have his #. And once he falls behind when things are going bad, he just falls apart like you guys have already stated.

Veteran
    Boomer Esiason called Chad the "Bernie Kosar" of our generation just this past week. Yikes.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by bman
    he's an average QB with a horrible arm.
    .... below average.... 15 INTs and 14 TDs is below average.....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 13
    .... below average.... 15 INTs and 14 TDs is below average.....
    A lot of that IS because of his arm strength (or lack thereof).

Rookie
    I just made a promise to myself. This may sound drastic and many people will disagree with me. This is the only team I have ever loved and followed since I was 5years old. I am 46 now.

OK here it comes....If Pennington starts for this team next year I will not watch or follow one game. I will cancel my Sunday ticket ( the only reason I have it is to watch all the Jets games ) and watch the season unfold to whomever. It is time to cut ties with Pennington. I like Chad but he is not the answer for this team it is only obvious. I just hope this coaching staff can see this. Chad plays to the level of the competition.

Thats all I am going to say. OK Now everybody can tell me how wrong I am. Go ahead.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi
    I just made a promise to myself. This may sound drastic and many people will disagree with me. This is the only team I have ever loved and followed since I was 5years old. I am 46 now.

OK here it comes....If Pennington starts for this team next year I will not watch or follow one game. I will cancel my Sunday ticket ( the only reason I have it is to watch all the Jets games ) and watch the season unfold to whomever. It is time to cut ties with Pennington. I like Chad but he is not the answer for this team it is only obvious. I just hope this coaching staff can see this. Chad plays to the level of the competition.

Thats all I am going to say. OK Now everybody can tell me how wrong I am. Go ahead.
    I definitely can go with that statement. I am convinced now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi

Not wrong...lame.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by teng
    Boomer Esiason called Chad the "Bernie Kosar" of our generation just this past week. Yikes.
    Wow, he's so right Chad is Bernie Kosar.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet
    Not wrong...lame.
    Orange, what is lame ?? My reasoning and or decision or Chad. Please explain. I am seriously curious to know what you guys are thinking. Thanks.