Thread: So Chad Was The Reason they lost? Please.

All League

So Chad Was The Reason they lost? Please.

I realize most of you people on this board are pre- 30, so I will cut you some slack for your immaturity. Chad was off today but he was not the reason for the loss, just part of the reason. you want to put the first int on him thats fine, but to blame a qb for blindside hits(twice) causing fumbles, its obvious to me you never played the game. the brick got owned today. vilma and the dline sucked. the secondary was very bad. I didn't see Chad on the 57 yard td run or the 73 yard pass. grow up with this Chad crap. If you don't like the guy, who cares. I'm sure next week after he throws for 2td's and wins in Minnesota you will be right back on his jock.
    You can take medicine for what you people have now.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12
    I realize most of you people on this board are pre- 30, so I will cut you some slack for your immaturity. Chad was off today but he was not the reason for the loss, just part of the reason. you want to put the first int on him thats fine, but to blame a qb for blindside hits(twice) causing fumbles, its obvious to me you never played the game. the brick got owned today. vilma and the dline sucked. the secondary was very bad. I didn't see Chad on the 57 yard td run or the 73 yard pass. grow up with this Chad crap. If you don't like the guy, who cares. I'm sure next week after he throws for 2td's and wins in Minnesota you will be right back on his jock.
    Chad was off today. He's off too much. And I'm a lot older than 30.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by tooljet
    And so am I..Chad would be a good back up but that's it!

While you make some good points here about the lack of team effort, Pennington had a meltdown today. He didn't take shots downfield. He made poor decisions under fire--and even when he wasn't under fire. Checking down down after down when you have 5 minutes to play is not how you come back--it takes too much time off the clock.

He's weak. I don't care if he wins in Minnesota. I want him on the bench where he can't harm his team in big games anymore.

All League
    The Jets will win next week, but I'm still no fan of Chad's. While there are many reasons the Jets lost today, you have to admit that Penny played a major role in their lack of success. It's very obvious he has physical limitations and thus should be benched when the team HAS to pass.

All Pro
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Chad gave the Bill 14 pts.... and he gave his own team 13, he had 2 ints, 2 fumbles and only 1 td..... how is he not responsable?????

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Here's the thing, while I agree that Chad was not the sole reason we lost this game, I still want to see a QB who for once can put this team on his back and win a game for them. This is what franchise QB's should be able to do MOST of the time. I can't remember seeing that anytime since 2002.

The real surprise for me today was how poorly the Oline pass blocked. I think this was the worst game they've had pass blocking this season and was a major step back for them.

Hall Of Fame
    The game started out very negative with us letting McGahee getting a long running TD. Chad brought us back and we were ahead again. Then the TD to Evans loosened things up a bit for them. Evans made a simple double move and was 10 yards open wait for the ball to come to him. Our Defense stunk today and our Offense was forced to make some plays. They weren't up to the task. DBrick, Pennington, OL all stunk up the place. We just stunk today. But, to put it all on Chad shows immaturity IMO.

All League
    how was he last week and the week before? does it make any difference to you that his own team says that it is mostly Chad that is the reason for their success this year. That his own coach praises him for getting the team in the right calls constantly?
    You fans have lost perspective on this season and what it was supposed to be. enjoy the year they have given us, its UNEXPECTED. they are what they are and thats a young team with a rookie head coach, period. it will show up sometimes and it did today.

Practice Squad
    sure the bills played better and took risks we made some mistakes on d..and should have gone for it on 4th and 1 but we will have a new q.b next year

i dont know who the next q.b is..thats in the hands of the football gods..a good draft and maybe a good deal somewhere

mangini has to play chad all season..the guy had 2 ops..he had to find out if chad is the man for the next few seasons...in every situation..playing with a huge lead..playing catch up..winning big on the road..how do you play at home..oh you lose and choke..hmm...

he has to make an educated descsion on chads future and you dont make smart moves unless you are really sure...so noone can say next season..hey you never gave chad a chance..he can turn around and say..er guys i did

sure the team all played a little below par today..but look at chads arm..look at chads throws..look at the way chad hangs onto the ball for too long..look at the way chad runs to get yards in despration..look at the way mangini shows chad no emotion on the sidelines..

like i said..eric will sit down with chad at the end of the season...chad..i gave you a season i looked at you up close and tried you in evey situation..you fell short mate..sorry but we are going to carry on moving forward with a new q.b.....best of luck in oakland...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by tooljet
    I'm over 30 and I'll tell you he was the largest part of why we lost today.

What 3 turnovers by your QB is excuseable?? Not in my world it isn't.........

Veteran
    I didn't see Chad on the 57 yard td run or the 73 yard pass.
    But i did see chad give them a free TD with a horrible throw and i did see him lose a fumble and give them another 7 points..i also saw chad hold onto the ball 2 long and watch him make horrible decisions..i also saw chad lose another fumble becuase he was careless with the ball..i also saw chad again throwing a horrible INT with about 4 bills around

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets69
    But i did see chad give them a free TD with a horrible throw and i did see him lose a fumble and give them another 7 points..i also saw chad hold onto the ball 2 long and watch him make horrible decisions..i also saw chad lose another fumble becuase he was careless with the ball..i also saw chad again throwing a horrible INT with about 4 bills around
    So how was it Chad's fault that we lost?

All League
    I would love to run behind one of you guys at full speed and knock the crap out of you and see where the ball is afterward. If it's not up your *ss, I'm sure it will be on the ground. Blindside hits and fumbles are not the fault of the qb. never have been, never will be.

Veteran
    I would love to run behind one of you guys at full speed and knock the crap out of you and see where the ball is afterward. If it's not up your *ss, I'm sure it will be on the ground. Blindside hits and fumbles are not the fault of the qb. never have been, never will be.
    ok but 2 interceptions and poor decision making and the lack of being able 2 throw a football 15 yards is..also one of his fumbles was all his fault, he completly careless trying to run..lets put it this way if we had a good QB who could stretch the feild and didnt throw those 2 picks..we most likely win that game..the fact is chad doesnt just do this 2 or 3 teams a year..he does every other game

I am older than 30. Quote me here ..."Chad was THE MAIN reason we lost today". Same exact thing can be said for the Cleveland loss. (I was there). Sorry if the truth bothers you.
    Listen, no one can be "on" for every game, but he was "off" today, for sure and it clearly cost us the game. On to Minnesota.

Practice Squad
    Chad sucked today pure and simple. Period. Just like he does most of the times against a decent defense. Same old story. Was he the only reason they lost, no he wasn't but he was a big part of it. He once again proved he is not a big time QB.

Bottom line.....the Jets can win with Chad, but they will never win because of Chad. That is the undeniable fact. Championship QB's carry their team when they need them the most. He NEVER does that.