Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Shame on all of you

  1. #1

    Shame on all of you

    Shame on all of you who are complaining about the Jets picking D'Brickashaw Ferguson with the #4 pick. Are you all kidding me? The O and D Line wins championships (ask the Houston Texans if they should have taken Carr with no OLine)

    Why were there no posts killing the D'Brick pick after the Jets beat Green Bay last week? Green Bay cant be too bad because they beat San Fran today. D'Brick has come in and started at LT (arguably the most difficult position for a rookie to succeed) from day one. No one could have expected him to play as well as he has thus far. Give him a break.

    He's never going to throw a TD for a terrible team like Leinart does or throw a TD in a losing effort twice like Cutler has done. He only gets judged around here by some posters when he has one or two bad plays a game.

    D'Brick was the pick............move on

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Shame on all of you who are complaining about the Jets picking D'Brickashaw Ferguson with the #4 pick. Are you all kidding me? The O and D Line wins championships (ask the Houston Texans if they should have taken Carr with no OLine)

    Why were there no posts killing the D'Brick pick after the Jets beat Green Bay last week? Green Bay cant be too bad because they beat San Fran today. D'Brick has come in and started at LT (arguably the most difficult position for a rookie to succeed) from day one. No one could have expected him to play as well as he has thus far. Give him a break.

    He's never going to throw a TD for a terrible team like Leinart does or throw a TD in a losing effort twice like Cutler has done. He only gets judged around here by some posters when he has one or two bad plays a game.

    D'Brick was the pick............move on
    I agree, he and Mangold were due for one of those (look like a rookie) game.We have O line foundation set for the future.Some people and I'm not saying no names need to stop this D bust crap.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I agree, he and Mangold were due for one of those (look like a rookie) game.We have O line foundation set for the future.Some people and I'm not saying no names need to stop this D bust crap.
    We have a sound foundation on the OLINE and that is where championships are won.....................

  4. #4
    Agreed. Most of these guys really know very little about NFL football. They just make meaningless noise after losses. We are so lucky to have both D-Brick & Mangold! they were great picks & have turned out to be super first year players. I'm thrilled they are on our team.
    If D-Brick is having a problem game with a fast, pass-rushing DE, it really isnt that tough to hold in one RB on some pass plays for extra help. We just didnt do that. Or how about a screen pass back to that side, to slow him (Shoebel) down?
    We just didnt do those things (to help D-brick).Regardless, he will be a super player for us for many years to come.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Man, all I know is I'm happy we didn't even have the opportunity to pass up on Vince Young. I'm not sold on Leinart yet, but VY is going to be special.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stuck in Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    2,412
    As someone else has already stated. "SAR is a douche".

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan
    Man, all I know is I'm happy we didn't even have the opportunity to pass up on Vince Young. I'm not sold on Leinart yet, but VY is going to be special.
    I agree about Vince. I said he should have been the #1 pick , but a lot of the Jokers around here (before Draft Day) said Cutler was better! Thats a laugh.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bedford, PA
    Posts
    2,148
    its your typical the sky is falling and everybody sucks rant that happens when the jets lose.. yeah Dbrick had a bad game. did anyone play well for the jets? not that i can think of. losing sucks

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,242
    JETS loss = pandemonium, fire the HC, bench the QB, who can we draft ?
    JETS win = can we win the SB ?

    I'll never get used to the rollercoaster that is JI

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by samwise
    JETS loss = pandemonium, fire the HC, bench the QB, who can we draft ?
    JETS win = can we win the SB ?

    I'll never get used to the rollercoaster that is JI
    Ah, but not all of us rollercoaster Sam, my friend. I know I do not. I'll admit when I am wrong, no question there (er, Ramsey?) but I do not rollercoaster like your example. Some do, no doubt, but many of us do not.

    What you see is the "doubters" post more (and louder) after a loss or a bad Chad game.

    The "homers" post more (and louder) after a win or good Chad game.

    It's not that individuals are flipping, for the most part, only that one side or the other demands the verbal spotlight depending on the outcome, and quality of play, they see that day.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,079
    A rookie LT had a bad game against a pretty damn good DE. Anyone who seriously says that DBrick is a bust off this game is clueless. In any event, the biggest concern is the 30 year old QB playing like a rookie for a good number of games this year.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    I was 100% wrong about Vince Young.


    I thought he was a great college player whose game didn't translate well to the pro level. I was mistaken.

    This kid will be what everyone thought Michael Vick would be.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    A rookie LT had a bad game against a pretty damn good DE. Anyone who seriously says that DBrick is a bust off this game is clueless. In any event, the biggest concern is the 30 year old QB playing like a rookie for a good number of games this year.

    Brick isn't a bust. The idea is laughable.

    If we want to debate anything, it's his value at slot #4 vs. whomever else was available and a "need" position. But that is SAR's gig, not mine. I predicted Brick/Mangold, and I am happy we picked Brick/Mangold.

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I was 100% wrong about Vince Young.


    I thought he was a great college player whose game didn't translate well to the pro level. I was mistaken.

    This kid will be what everyone thought Michael Vick would be.
    Maybe you should wait till he wins his 10th game before you enshine him in Canton, eh? Hell, Chad looked just as good (obviosuly in a different way) in his first few starts.

    Look at him now.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I was 100% wrong about Vince Young.


    I thought he was a great college player whose game didn't translate well to the pro level. I was mistaken.

    This kid will be what everyone thought Michael Vick would be.
    I knew he had the ability, but I predicted on draftdaddy he'd take 2-3 years. I'm just amazed, I can't remember the last rookie QB that was this good.

    Make no mistake about it, Tennessee is going to be on the playoff radar for 2007. I've watched him every week for the past month, and I can't remember the last time I saw a QB who had the ability and the mentality to singlehandidly win games like he does.

    Jeff Fischer struck gold with this kid, and he lucked out in the fact that Adams wanted to be a dick and stick it to Houston. That petty move is going to wind up being a godsend for that franchise.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Maybe you should wait till he wins his 10th game before you enshine him in Canton, eh? Hell, Chad looked just as good (obviosuly in a different way) in his first few starts.

    Look at him now.
    Vince Young has singlehandedly won three big games in a row for the Titans. This kid has looked awesome as a rookie. Everyone thought he was a 2-3 year project but he's looking like a bigtime playmaker already in his 1st year.

    Just imagine what Vince will be 3 years down the road.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    A rookie LT had a bad game against a pretty damn good DE. Anyone who seriously says that DBrick is a bust off this game is clueless. In any event, the biggest concern is the 30 year old QB playing like a rookie for a good number of games this year.
    Agreed about D-Brick
    I think Chad's issue may be more of a PHYSICAL problem than "playing like a rookie" (implying a mental issue or inexperience). I really think its simply his arm and physical limitations as a result of the surgeries & damage..
    Last edited by Baddniss; 12-11-2006 at 12:29 AM.

  18. #18
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    29,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish
    Maybe you should wait till he wins his 10th game before you enshine him in Canton, eh? Hell, Chad looked just as good (obviosuly in a different way) in his first few starts.

    Look at him now.
    Not a chance Fish, VY has one of a kind ability. And the Chad comparison is way off, that was his 3rd year in the league.

    Tennesee is going to finish over .500. You saw them in week 1, would you ever imagine that wound be a team that could even sniff .500?

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Shame on all of you who are complaining about the Jets picking D'Brickashaw Ferguson with the #4 pick. Are you all kidding me? The O and D Line wins championships (ask the Houston Texans if they should have taken Carr with no OLine)

    Why were there no posts killing the D'Brick pick after the Jets beat Green Bay last week? Green Bay cant be too bad because they beat San Fran today. D'Brick has come in and started at LT (arguably the most difficult position for a rookie to succeed) from day one. No one could have expected him to play as well as he has thus far. Give him a break.

    He's never going to throw a TD for a terrible team like Leinart does or throw a TD in a losing effort twice like Cutler has done. He only gets judged around here by some posters when he has one or two bad plays a game.

    D'Brick was the pick............move on
    and he's good. those sacks were heavily informed by coverage downfield.

    go read Dick Jauron's post-game comments.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,008
    D'Brick is anything but a bust. He's been very good for the Jets so far this year. With that said, he was absolutely owned today. He just needs to make sure that this doesn't become a regular occurance that we'll have to sweat over every time we play Buffalo. There are just certain players that in their career are owned by certain other players on a regular basis, as long as this doesn't become a situation like that, I'll be happy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us