Thread: David Carr

Veteran

David Carr

does anybody feel like hes worth a look at the end of the season.....i think kubiak has seen enough and doesnt think he can run his offense... going into this season i though carr never had the right situaion yet and still had huge upside.....after watching him a few games this year im just not sure anymore.....

anyway the guy has all the physical tools and a big arm..... i dont know that we will be able to find our long term answer this offseason....but i know chad wont take us the next step

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet
    does anybody feel like hes worth a look at the end of the season.....i think kubiak has seen enough and doesnt think he can run his offense... going into this season i though carr never had the right situaion yet and still had huge upside.....after watching him a few games this year im just not sure anymore.....

anyway the guy has all the physical tools and a big arm..... i dont know that we will be able to find our long term answer this offseason....but i know chad wont take us the next step

I would love him but i dont think the texans let him go

All Pro

if im not mistaken i think he just signed an extension

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp
    if im not mistaken i think he just signed an extension
    That is correct.

All League
    Ummm NO! We're looking for a franchise QB! Kellen may be it. It not, we draft one. I would never take Carr in a million years!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't know why so many people love David Carr on this board. I think he could've had a lot of success and been a very good maybe even great QB in this league had he been drafted by a better team, but that time has passed. He's taken a beating over the past 5 years and doesn't seem to have any confidence left.

The ONLY QB I would have interest in this offseason is Matt Schaub and that's only if he comes at the right price.

I'll pass. Clemen time or draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable
    I don't know why so many people love David Carr on this board. I think he could've had a lot of success and been a very good maybe even great QB in this league had he been drafted by a better team, but that time has passed. He's taken a beating over the past 5 years and doesn't seem to have any confidence left.

The ONLY QB I would have interest in this offseason is Matt Schaub and that's only if he comes at the right price.
    schaub would be my choice....i just dont know if he will be available....the michael vick era is very suspect at this point.....

schaub is going to be a stud....

Rookie
    schaub would be my choice....i just dont know if he will be available....the michael vick era is very suspect at this point.....

schaub is going to be a stud....
    Amen. Wise words. Matt Schaub in green and white would rock.

All League
    he plays in my division and i would not give you a seven layer burrito for the kid.....he has no pocket awareness and he locks on to one WR...........BUST.........and it aint just his OL...........the kid blows

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    That is correct.
    its a lock he is gettin cut.............you heard it right there brother.........

I find it hard to believe he will be cut. Thats a ton of money to spend on David Carr for basically one year. Im sure they find a way to reowrk his deal and have him make less money this upcoming year.

All League
    500 bucks he is cut.............PM me..............he leads the league in completion percentage because all he throws is 5 yd passes...........and he has thrown one TD in 7 weeks of play...................the kid blows...............look at AJ yds per catch...............tells you all. Plummer will be a Texan soon

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/12/w...s_blog_if.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    its a lock he is gettin cut.............you heard it right there brother.........
    Carr just received an $8 mil bonus plus a contract extension.

Do you the cap hit that the Texans would take if the cut him?

He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX
    Carr just received an $8 mil bonus plus a contract extension.

Do you the cap hit that the Texans would take if the cut him?

He's not going anywhere.
    Any idea how Carrs bonus money is allocated? I thought it was 4 million this year and 4 million next year, but Im not sure if its split amongst all three years or just those 2.

He makes a boatload of money the next two seasons just in salary(5.2 and 6 million) so maybe the cap hit isnt as bad as I originally thought, especially if its 4 million accelerated just onto 2007. I cant believe the Texans picked up that option the more I look at that contract.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    Any idea how Carrs bonus money is allocated? I thought it was 4 million this year and 4 million next year, but Im not sure if its split amongst all three years or just those 2.

He makes a boatload of money the next two seasons just in salary(5.2 and 6 million) so maybe the cap hit isnt as bad as I originally thought, especially if its 4 million accelerated just onto 2007. I cant believe the Texans picked up that option the more I look at that contract.
    Jason,

Carr got the entire $8 mil upfront when he resigned which is spread out over the length of the contract.

The cap killer for the Texans is the bloated salary that you mentioned.

All Pro
    The Texans have around $20M in cap space for next season, I believe. If they truly have seen enough of Carr, then they can probably afford to bite the bullet and take a big cap hit in cutting him. Don't know if they will do that, but they can afford to if they choose to.

Would I want him on the Jets? Heck, no. He has physical gifts, but he is a one-read QB who struggles if his primary target is covered. He played well in college in a simple system, but I really wonder if he will every emerge as a good pro QB. So far, the signs aren't good and he's not a young project anymore. He should be better than he is by now.

Practice Squad
    If you give Carr an average Oline he would be a great QB. For some reason the Texans have never addressed that need and thats why in 5 years they never have had a winning season.