Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday is WIN/WIN situation

Sunday is WIN/WIN situation

If the Jets win they keep their playoff hopes alive...if they lose, and are officially eliminated from playoff contention, then we get to see the future for the last 2 games...if the Jets lose, and Chad has any hand in the lose, there is no way Clemens isn't starting the last 2 games..especially since he was "promoted" to the #2 last week.....

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DAKA1127
    If the Jets win they keep their playoff hopes alive...if they lose, and are officially eliminated from playoff contention, then we get to see the future for the last 2 games...if the Jets lose, and Chad has any hand in the lose, there is no way Clemens isn't starting the last 2 games..especially since he was "promoted" to the #2 last week.....

Well, this is certainly two different types of "wins", but I guess I see your point. If you're not a Chad fan, which I know you're not from prior posts, this would be the time to see what Clemens has.

Hall Of Fame
    I see your point. Do you think Clemens can handle a Xmas game in front of the National media. In a hostile stadium.

I would hope he starts Chad and brings in Clemens. Clemens plays 2 and 4th quarters. That's how I would do it. Let him play the Oakland game at home.

I bet you Mangini just gives him the Oakland game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK
    I see your point. Do you think Clemens can handle a Xmas game in front of the National media. In a hostile stadium.

I would hope he starts Chad and brings in Clemens. Clemens plays 2 and 4th quarters. That's how I would do it. Let him play the Oakland game at home.

Have you ever seen a Dolphin game on tv? Their fans suck.

JetsFan2012

I think you're right, let Chad have (possibly) one last starting appearence on Monday Night on Christmas.

Are you kidding me !....I couldn't give a rat's ass about Chad playing on Christmas as his last hurray...he hasn't earned that....this is a business...don't ever lose sight of that...get the players in who are the future and see what they can do....Chad has had more than enough chances.....enough is enough....

Banned
    Are you kidding me !....I couldn't give a rat's ass about Chad playing on Christmas as his last hurray...he hasn't earned that....this is a business...don't ever lose sight of that...get the players in who are the future and see what they can do....Chad has had more than enough chances.....enough is enough....
    these rants are so funny. if the jets win next week and the bengals get blown out by the 55 points peyton manning will put on them and the jags bow down to VY, things will be back to playoffs, can we win the superbowl, etc. lol

The Jets can not be eliminated this week even if they lose. If the Jaguars get to 9 wins they can still be eliminated if they drop their final 2 games and KC also finishes with 9 wins. In that scenario the Jets make the playoffs with a better conference record.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think the Jets can be eliminated by the time they play on Monday night. If that's the case, play Clemens.

Practice Squad
    Everybody here is assuming that if we are eliminated from playoff contention, Clemens will start. We have no proof that it will happen. Throughout the year, Mangini has played the guys that give him the best chance to win. Who says he won't continue to do that even if we can't make the playoffs?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Everybody here is assuming that if we are eliminated from playoff contention, Clemens will start. We have no proof that it will happen. Throughout the year, Mangini has played the guys that give him the best chance to win. Who says he won't continue to do that even if we can't make the playoffs?
    Miami defense is playing lights out right now. Taylor could be defensive player of the year. If Clemens plays aginst them there is an excellent chance he'll have a miserable game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If we are eliminated, getting Clemens some game experience is more important than winning games.

All League
    Jet fans like you make me ill..What exactly has Clemens done to "earn" a start on national TV...To state that Chad has not "earned" it is very short-sighted. Wake up and look at your winning record. Have you had a winning record when Chad has not started in his career? Not even close.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Yup. They couldn't sell out a home playoff game.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    do they ever. There is no intimidation factor in going to miami

All League

Hostile? Hah, the place is the Meadowlands South.

All Pro

Did Clemens Get Sacked a lot in College?

Obviously, Clemens body of work in the pros is way too small to judge him on (even though many of us are doing so anyway).

But he has gotten sacked a lot for the small amount of snaps he has taken. Is this just a function of the situations in which he has come into games (obvious passing situations with a second string line) or did he show a propensity for this in college?

i'm not so sold on playing clemens for the last

two games should the jets lose the next game. my point is that once clemens goes in, the whole team will know the season is over. when that happens the players will relax and injuries may happen. this may be a good test of the teams character and i would say that mangini wants the team to play the full 60 minutes until the end of game 16 regardless of the season's outcome.

Hall Of Fame
    I believe Penny is on a short leash right now. If he starts off badly, look for Mangini to make a switch to Clemens.

Finding out what the Jets future holds should start happening right now. Clemens is the guy we need to see so we can determine two things:

1) Is KC good enough to take the team all the way? If so, then what do they need to surround KC with in order to make him as effective as possible?

2) If KC isn't the guy, better off finding out now. This way we can plan on pulling a deal to get another QB prospect in camp for next season. Then start a real live audition again and let the best man win........

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If he can't.....then we drafted the wrong player.