Rookie

Ff Help / Advise Please.....

Need to start 3 WR's out of the group.

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

Which ones to start ?? Any help and or advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

Which ones to start ?? Any help and or advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    if nothing else, i'd say definitely go Keyshawn, hes better than the rest of them and the Panthers are due to explode one of these weeks....

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

Frankie,

Would definitely think about starting Furrey for sure. Remember what the Jets did to that GB secondary?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SinceSheaSicko
    Frankie,

Would definitely think about starting Furrey for sure. Remember what the Jets did to that GB secondary?
    I do like Furrey and Booker. Its the other 1 that I need out of the 3 thats making it difficult. I'm thinking of going with Clayton. In our league we get points for receptions. I made it past the first round of the playoffs. Into the second now. If I go with Hackett he plays tonight.

Rookie
    Everywhere I'm reading is saying Keyshawn is not a good match up this week. I don't know, he's been steady. All depends if Delhomme plays or not.

All League
    Booker, Key, Furrey

Hall Of Fame
    Phillip Rivers or Vince Young?

Terry Glenn or Anquan Boldin?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87

Fantasy wise I take Young and Glenn. Young can get you points with his feet and arm. Romo likes Glenn.

Hall Of Fame

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

Furrey - he's had a tremendous year and is playing a horrendous secondary that will be focused on stopping Roy Williams. In other words, expect him to put up numbers similar to the ones Cotchery hung on the Packers two weeks ago.

Clayton - He's become Steve McNair's favorite receiver, he's breaking out at the end of his third NFL season (a typical time for young receivers to explode), the Baltimore offense has gotten better with Billick calling the plays and he gets Cleveland.

That leaves Hackett, Keyshawn and Booker for the third spot. Hackett is the 3rd or 4th receiver on that team, so scratch him. Booker and Keyshawn are both good number 2 receivers, but Booker plays Buffalo (which has an excellent pass D and shut down the Dolphins once this year already). Keyshawn plays Pittsburgh, which has been great against the run and awful against the pass. He's the play out of this trio.

Rivers - Young is playing a Jacksonville D that defends extremely well, including against the run. Rivers gets a KC D that he put up 30 points against a few weeks ago (in KC no less), including 266 yards passing and 2 TDs.

Boldin - stick with your studs. Glenn is having a good year but Boldin is a top 5 receiver, and the Denver D has been packing it in lately.

Rookie
    Thanks Dog !!!!

All Pro

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

Furrey, Booker, Clayton

Maybe Key but only if Delhomme is back.

Hall Of Fame
    Drew Brees or Carson Palmer?

Keep in mind, on that team, I have CJ and TJ.

Banned

Gotta Go with Palmer verses the Colts .. he'll tear that defense a new @$$

That Game has 42-38 written all over it

Brees is having an MVP season, and the Redskins suck, but even the Skins have a better D than the Colts
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-14-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame

Depends - are you the favorite or the underdog?

If you are the favorite, you need to play it safe - and that means minimizing the chances that 3 of your players will have bad games at the same time, so start Drew Brees.

If you are the underdog, you need to maximize your potential points, so start Palmer and hope he has a huge day throwing to both Housh and Chad.

And Ham's point about the Colts D is a good one, but remember that their real weakness is against the run. The final score may be 42-38, but it may be Rudi Johnson who scores 3 rushing TDs, not Palmer who has an obscene day

Banned

Keyshawn Johnson
    Mike Furrey
    Marty Booker
    D J Hackett
    Mark Clayton

I'd start Furrey, Clayton and Hackett

Keyshawn is too risky with Weinke at QB

Booker might have a poor day verses Clement and McGee {he's back this week, and so is S Donte Whitner}, and there's always the threat of bad weather in Buffalo as well, bad enough to effect the passing games .. also the Bills D is vulnerable verses the run and strong verses the pass, so Saban will probably run Sammy Morris to death

Furrey could have a big day verses the Packers, especially with Roy Williams getting so much attention ... also Kevin Jones is out for the season so Mike Martz will probably throw the ball like crazy

Clayton could have a big day verses the Browns, he's McNair's BIG PLAY GUY

Darrell Jackson is out and Engram is returning off a nine week layoff, figures to break in slowly as the 3rd WR, so Hackett could see a lot of action verses a weak 49ers defense
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-14-2006 at 05:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    I'd start Furrey, Clayton and Hackett

Keyshawn is too risky with Weinke at QB

Booker might have a poor day verses Clement and McGee {he's back this week}, and there's always the threat of bad weather in Buffalo as well, bad enough to effect the passing games .. also the Bills D is vulnerable verses the run and strong verses the pass, so Saban will probably run Sammy Morris to death

Furrey could have a big day verses the Packers, especially with Roy Williams getting so much attention ... also Kevin Jones is out for the season so Mike Martz will probably throw the ball like crazy

Clayton could have a big day verses the Browns, he's McNair's BIG PLAY GUY

Darrell Jackson is out and Engram is returning off a nine week layoff, figures to break in slowly as the 3rd WR, so Hackett could see a lot of action verses a weak 49ers defense
    Ham, Hackett is still behind Deion Branch and Nate Burleson. Weinke threw for 400 yards last week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it

Ham, Hackett is still behind Deion Branch and Nate Burleson. Weinke threw for 400 yards last week.
    Hackett is not behind Nate Burleson, doggin ... Burleson is like the last WR on their depth chart .. he's really fallen off the face of the earth

I don't trust Weinke verses Pitt .. I'd have to start Steve Smith regardless, but I'd avoid KJ in this spot

Banned
    doggin, Hackett has 7 Receptions for 73 Yards .. at halftime

I think Burleson has his usual 1 Rec for 5 Yards
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 12-14-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it
    Depends - are you the favorite or the underdog?

If you are the favorite, you need to play it safe - and that means minimizing the chances that 3 of your players will have bad games at the same time, so start Drew Brees.

If you are the underdog, you need to maximize your potential points, so start Palmer and hope he has a huge day throwing to both Housh and Chad.

And Ham's point about the Colts D is a good one, but remember that their real weakness is against the run. The final score may be 42-38, but it may be Rudi Johnson who scores 3 rushing TDs, not Palmer who has an obscene day
    I'm the favorite, but I'm not sure if I will start CJ AND TJ, seeing as how I also have Anquan BOlden. I really don't like putting all my eggs in one basket, but I just don't know...

Veteran
    yeah weinke sucks but i know yall seen how many yards he posted up last week.