Thread: If somone offered you..

Veteran

If somone offered you..

the jets making it to the superbowl BUT losing, would you take it right now?

I would take it. That would mean they would win the next 5 games, and win the AFC.

Veteran
    No cause the goal is to win the superbowl.....and that goal can still be achieved, however unlikely. I don't take any solace in 2nd place, its all or nothing

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money
    No cause the goal is to win the superbowl.....and that goal can still be achieved, however unlikely. I don't take any solace in 2nd place, its all or nothing
    So you would rather not make the playoffs than lose in the SB if that was the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money
    Exactly!!!

All League
    This is a non question....Did you ever play football ? If so, how can you even consider the loss of any game..and think it is a good thing.....it is not !

Veteran
    The offer is just for this season. you wouldnt want the 7-6 jets to make the playoffs, win the afc and make the superbowl?

I love the jets and think they will make the playoffs, but THIS season i dont think they are good enough to win the superbowl.

If someone said the jets could make it to the superbowl however they couldnt win, i would take it. That means we would beat the dolphins in two weeks, patriots, chargers and colts in the playoffs. Obviously i would want to win the superbowl, but as things are right now i would take the offer. If i was a bears fan for example I would not take it, since they are in a great position to win the whole thing.