Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins open up at -3 in Vegas?

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

Dolphins open up at -3 in Vegas?

Talk about disrespect...This reminds me of the Bills game now..

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah but the game is still won on the field.

All League
    nope, reminds me of the packers game when we went out and smacked their ass!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

that's only because they're at home

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Quote Originally Posted by tooljet
    that's only because they're at home
    Home's worth 3 points. They have the Jets and Phins as even on neutral turf

Its stupid to just give a team 3 points when they are home. This week is a perfect example:

1) Miami just got crushed, their playoff hopes have been crushed, the crowd will not be a factor

2) They have no fans anyway. Football fans in florida either root for Florida, Florida State, or Miami (hurricanes)

3) The Jets are an excellent road team

4) The Jets are a passing team. The Meadowlands is not ideal. Chad has shown he plays well in better conditions (like domes). Miami will be nice.

5) Miami is not a good passing team, they rely on Defense. Harrington is in the bottom 5 quarterbacks in the league.

Veteran
    Money will determine where this line goes, I would have made Miami 2, I think the sharpies will bet into it, remember we lost 31-13 as a four pt home fav.
    Betters will like the Jets, especially on a teaser at + 9.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Talk about disrespect...This reminds me of the Bills game now..
    I don't disagree with Dolphins being favorites. They did shutout the Pats their last home game.

I just checked and the Dolphins are opening in most places as either a 2 or 2.5 point favorite. I have to admit Im surprised by that line even knowing how much the oddsmakers love Miami. Miami has a slight QB controversy going on right now and got creamed last week. Jets won big and have been an excellent road team this year. Im guessing the thought process is that the last time the Jets won big they stumbelled while the Dolphins came back and after a loss won big.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1x
    I don't disagree with Dolphins being favorites. They did shutout the Pats their last home game.
    They were also accused of cheating that game by stealing tapes of Tom Brady's cadences from the line. Id hope they would win convincingly when they knew the plays that were coming.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    They were also accused of cheating that game by stealing tapes of Tom Brady's cadences from the line. Id hope they would win convincingly when they knew the plays that were coming.
    True. I'd find it real funny if they decide to steal tapes of Chad Pennington.

All League
    After Miami was stupid enough to admit they acquired tapes, I am sure Mangini and Pennington have prepared for that ahead of time

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Where's our resident Fin fan, Like2God??? Anybody seen him. He's a good egg, and analyize's pretty well.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    Its stupid to just give a team 3 points when they are home. This week is a perfect example:

1) Miami just got crushed, their playoff hopes have been crushed, the crowd will not be a factor

2) They have no fans anyway. Football fans in florida either root for Florida, Florida State, or Miami (hurricanes)

3) The Jets are an excellent road team

4) The Jets are a passing team. The Meadowlands is not ideal. Chad has shown he plays well in better conditions (like domes). Miami will be nice.

5) Miami is not a good passing team, they rely on Defense. Harrington is in the bottom 5 quarterbacks in the league.
    1) Miami still has a great defense.

2) Miami did crush the Bears and end their perfect season

3) Miami crushed the Pats

I agree that Harrington is servicable, but he isn't going to win any games for you with his arm. But don't under estimate the Phins or you will be pretty disappointed.

Miami has a habit of playing well against good teams and playing sloppy against the lesser teams in the NFL.

Veteran
    "Miami is so stupid."
    "HOW STUPID ARE THEY!"
    "They are so stupid, they figure out a way to beat the Pats, and use it when they have no shot at the playoffs."

Hall Of Fame
    Could Jason Taylor get a better Christmas present than eliminating the Jets from the playoffs? He's gong to be insane. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by like2god
    1) Miami still has a great defense.

2) Miami did crush the Bears and end their perfect season

3) Miami crushed the Pats

I agree that Harrington is servicable, but he isn't going to win any games for you with his arm. But don't under estimate the Phins or you will be pretty disappointed.

Miami has a habit of playing well against good teams and playing sloppy against the lesser teams in the NFL.
    Guess we'll win then...we ain't that good...

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy-y-y-y
    Could Jason Taylor get a better Christmas present than eliminating the Jets from the playoffs? He's gong to be insane. Count on it.
    First play, line up in the I, Off tackle right at'em. Bury the SOB with our tackle and fullback.

All Pro
    This is not a good sign, the bookies are begging you to bet the jets with this line, also the Jags are favored over the Pats which also seems that they are begging you to bet the Pats. The lines are not ALWAYS right but it seems to me that judging based on the lines that Vegas thinks the Jags and Dolphins will win

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsound
    "Miami is so stupid."
    "HOW STUPID ARE THEY!"
    "They are so stupid, they figure out a way to beat the Pats, and use it when they have no shot at the playoffs."
    The only thing they have is beating the Patriots once a year. As you can see this is their Superbowl.