Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT:Xbox 360?

Undrafted Free Agent

OT:Xbox 360?

Im wondering is Xbox 360 is even worth the money..and with the online play how do i use the cable to get from my room all the way downstairs?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsyoungblood
    Im wondering is Xbox 360 is even worth the money..and with the online play how do i use the cable to get from my room all the way downstairs?
    Wayyyyyyy better than PS3. The Ps3lot on here will tell you diff. I ahve playeed both. Same graphics awesome system. Get it you wont regret it. I cant answer the other question.

Banned
    Yes. It's fantastic.

Not only is it a great HDTV gaming system with all the great accessories you could ever want, but it's recently unlocked Media Center applications are just stellar.

Using the WiFi dongle, you can get high speed connectivity without wires. Not only will that let you play online, but it will also enable the following:

1. Stream MP3's from your PC to your 360.

2. Stream photos form your PC to your 360.

3. Steam videos from your PC to your 360.

4. Download TV shows from all the networks from XBOX Live to your 360.

5. Download games from all the major suppliers to your 360.

When I have a party at the house, I'll put some 1360 x 768 sized photos into 'slideshow' mode and dock my iPod to the 360 to create the right mood.

I missed an episode of Studio 60 at the Sunset Strip and downloaded it to watch on my HDTV.

I went online and found some 1080p trailers, downloaded them on my PC, streamed them to the 360, and saw the best resolution on my HDTV that I've ever seen in my life.

Highly recommended.

SAR I

Rookie
    If you get an aftermarket wireless NIC card, you should be all set. I've never looked into to it, but I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have one.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by phitzc
    If you get an aftermarket wireless NIC card, you should be all set. I've never looked into to it, but I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have one.
    The wired NIC is standard on the 360, just plug it into any network port on a router and you are set. Or like Sar said get the wireless and you are in. Great system IMO. I got mine in January and have logged a ton of hours. Biggest problem I have is it is very addictive and the Wife and Kids still have to come first.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Great system and online is prety good if you have a cable modem. I don't know about downloaded TV shows as SAR said, but I'm 99% certain that the 360 does not support 1080p, only 1080i...

Rookie
    I agree,the 360 has some great games right now.I got a 360 for my brother last
    Christmas and he loves the thing. You have to get the 2 year warranty though,
    there have been some reliability issues with the system,my brothers took a dump in 4 months and we had to pay to get it fixed.
    I admit that I am a biased Nintendo fan,but I can't hide the truth,the 360 is
    a very good system,and the online play is second to none.

im getting mine on christmas, cant wait.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades
    The wired NIC is standard on the 360, just plug it into any network port on a router and you are set. Or like Sar said get the wireless and you are in. Great system IMO. I got mine in January and have logged a ton of hours. Biggest problem I have is it is very addictive and the Wife and Kids still have to come first.
    I'm still using my xbox mod 80gig HD. Just waiting to see how things pan out.
    Nintendo is trying to lure in game designers with a device that converts any game to their format in 4 hrs. PS3 with those blu-ray drives are awesome but in 5 yrs its worth $20 to a pawn shop dealer. X360 has a good overall mix of home entertainment center features and games for the price. Did you get Quake 4 for it?

Undrafted Free Agent
    if you get the 400 dollar system it comes with the silver live membership how long does that last

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if you get the 400 dollar system it comes with the silver live membership how long does that last
    Forever. And its free. It comes with 1 Month of Xbox GOLD. Which runs out. But silver, its free.

All League
    Oh its worth it.

First game you should get is Gears of War. You will be surprised how much time you end up playing this game online.

All League
    awesome system thats well worth the money...and i'm not even playing it on an HDTV...

Veteran
    If you go to Microcenter you can get the Premium for $300. And if you want, you can sign up for their credit card and get $100 more off for a total of $200 for the Premium.

I think with the latest update, the 360 can output 1080p (not entirely sure, I don't have 1080p myself).

I just got one a few weeks ago and I can tell you its worth it. Don't listen to the PS3 lovers here, for that price, 360 is the way to go.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Wayyyyyyy better than PS3. The Ps3lot on here will tell you diff. I ahve playeed both. Same graphics awesome system. Get it you wont regret it. I cant answer the other question.
    LOL..yeah, Ok.

Veteran
    Battlefield 2, my friends....nowhere near the capability of the 360's graphics, but I am addicted to playing this game online....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TerpJet
    If you go to Microcenter you can get the Premium for $300. And if you want, you can sign up for their credit card and get $100 more off for a total of $200 for the Premium.

I think with the latest update, the 360 can output 1080p (not entirely sure, I don't have 1080p myself).

I just got one a few weeks ago and I can tell you its worth it. Don't listen to the PS3 lovers here, for that price, 360 is the way to go.

What or where is Microcenter

I am a PS fan but have been thinkin bout gettin the new XBOX i had the original but never used it because the PS had much better games, is this XBOX gonna be able to hang with PS3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Great system and online is prety good if you have a cable modem. I don't know about downloaded TV shows as SAR said, but I'm 99% certain that the 360 does not support 1080p, only 1080i...
    Two weeks ago MS updated the 360 firmware to support 1080p resolution. For now, the games are available in 720p and 1080i, but the output of the 360 is available in 1080p for those (like me) that have a 1080p panel. It's stunning how detailed the graphics are at that res.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Yes. It's fantastic.

Not only is it a great HDTV gaming system with all the great accessories you could ever want, but it's recently unlocked Media Center applications are just stellar.

Using the WiFi dongle, you can get high speed connectivity without wires. Not only will that let you play online, but it will also enable the following:

1. Stream MP3's from your PC to your 360.

2. Stream photos form your PC to your 360.

3. Steam videos from your PC to your 360.

4. Download TV shows from all the networks from XBOX Live to your 360.

5. Download games from all the major suppliers to your 360.

When I have a party at the house, I'll put some 1360 x 768 sized photos into 'slideshow' mode and dock my iPod to the 360 to create the right mood.

I missed an episode of Studio 60 at the Sunset Strip and downloaded it to watch on my HDTV.

I went online and found some 1080p trailers, downloaded them on my PC, streamed them to the 360, and saw the best resolution on my HDTV that I've ever seen in my life.

Highly recommended.

SAR I

Unlike what SAR said about the MS "Wireless dongle"... do yourself a favor and pick up a Linksys Wireless Game Adapter for HALF the price and TWICE the quality. As long as you have wireless internet in your home, of course.

I wasnt so hot on the 360 until I heard that PS3 would be 600 a few months back. After thinking about it, I realized no 23 yr old should be paying that much just for some games... forget the other features, its still a video game system. I have had the 360 since June and could not be HAPPIER! There is nothing else out there (games) that the 360 does not or will not offer in the future. Just make sure you pick up the Xbox360 with the Hard drive since you'll need that for so much. Trust me on that one.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    Two weeks ago MS updated the 360 firmware to support 1080p resolution. For now, the games are available in 720p and 1080i, but the output of the 360 is available in 1080p for those (like me) that have a 1080p panel. It's stunning how detailed the graphics are at that res.

SAR I

As far as I know, all 360 games were produced for 720p resolution so your TV is actually upconverting to 1080p. Just imagine if the native res of the games were 1080p?!??!?!

Gears of War in 1080p with Surround Sound... I can only dream!